Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Goverment Police Force???? (Read 89 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Another Goverment Police Force????
08/27/13 at 12:31:59

Home » Obama’s HHS: Now Hiring for the Obamacare Police Force August 22, 2013 by Dean Garrison Obama’s HHS: Now Hiring for the Obamacare Police Force 192 Comments Share2.1K Tweet253 28 Share2.9K In the wake of Jeff Duncan’s reporting of IRS agents being trained with AR-15s, I think we should be at least somewhat concerned with a breaking news story about the new “ObamaCare” Police. It would seem that the IRS implementation will not be the only strong arm of ObamaCare but that Health and Human Services will have a substantial number of investigative storm troopers as well. The Daily Mail reports: More than 1,600 new employees hired by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources in the aftermath of Obamacare’s passage include just two described as ‘consumer safety’ officers, but 86 tasked with ‘criminal investigating’ – indicating that the agency is building an army of detectives to sleuth out violations of a law that many in Congress who supported it still find confusing. On the day President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law in 2010, HHS received authority from the Office of Personnel Management(OPM) to make as many as 1,814 new hires under an emergency ‘Direct Hiring Authority’ order. We are going to need more hollow point bullets it would seem. Is anyone really shocked by the fact that we have a brand new enforcement branch of HHS? I doubt it. This seems to be the norm in Washington these days. Last week we featured the story of a retired Marine Colonel who claims that a domestic army is being built. And who could blame anyone for thinking that? It is happening right in front of us. The Daily Mail article goes on to say: The fleet of 86 new criminal investigators are earning a range of compensation between $51,800 and $89,350, according to the 2010 salary tables and differential payment guidelines. Judicial Watch, a nonprofit that has told MailOnline it files ‘hundreds’ of FOIA requests, first published evidence in July of the HHS hiring binge. ‘Sounds like we now have the Obamacare police,’ said the group’s president, Tom Fitton, after MailOnline showed him the new data. So is someone going to come and bust my door down if I am too poor to provide health insurance for my family? Come on. This is America. What a silly question. Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/obamas-hhs-now-hiring-for-the-obamacare-pol...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Another Goverment Police Force????
Reply #1 - 08/27/13 at 20:26:19

I kept saying fat police. Obama's enforcers telling you what you can and can't eat.
This is close enough.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/27/13 at 22:04:13

If they start usin those guns, theyll wish they hadnt,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #3 - 08/28/13 at 05:10:20

It probably sounds a bit more onerous than it is. Facts of the matter are that every government agency that provides some sort of "benefit" has to employ investigators. Because if you give away free or at a reduced price anything of value, there will be people that know they are not eligible that will try to get it anyway.

I actually worked for years with "welfare Fraud" - supervising the investigators in a large local office. From Food Stamps to Medicaid, Military contracts to Block Grants, Farm Subsidies to research grants. There will be investigators. Most of the time those investigators are armed. Many times they are a flavor of law enforcement (a lot of States have their "welfare" fraud (which encompasses both recipient and providers) out of their Attorney General's Office. FS fraud investigators - those looking at retailers scamming the system - work for the Treasury dept.

So it's no surprise that their will be some investigators hired with the implementation of the ACA (affordable care act). A small percentage of applicants lie about their income, resources and/or household composition to get Food Stamps. A small percentage will do the same to get free health insurance rather than have to pay a premium.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/28/13 at 10:47:58

When you have to hire a couple thousand investigators with weapons and 16,000 IRS agents, that should probably be a pretty good clue your healthcare "reform" is about everything but healthcare.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 08/28/13 at 18:25:15

Another day, another “conspiracy theory”, another load of nonsense.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #6 - 08/28/13 at 20:45:00

Webstermark: As I said every agency that gives away something (Food Stamps, Medicaid, Housing Assistance, Child care, Research grants, Crop Assistance - the list goes on and on) has investigators cause a small percentage of people will LIE and try to get that which they are not actually eligible for. Most of these investigators work for depts that are a flavor of law enforcement. Treasury on the Federal side, Attorney General or Inspector General on the State. A lot of these investigators - including the ones I supervised back in the day - are former law enforcement officers with life time permits.

They are armed BECAUSE they are investigators, they are law enforcement  and they need to be for their own safety. People get pissed off when you show up at their place of employment (that they lied about) with a subpoena for their wages. Or asking questions in the neighborhood about the employed father they said lived somewhere else. Or the audit shows the store owner had taken in 2 million in FS last year almost no food in the store for sale.

I never worry about investigators having a gun. It is the crazies off the street that  are likely to come into an office and shot up the place.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/29/13 at 00:27:59

Starlifter wrote on 08/28/13 at 18:25:15:

You saying the guns dont exist? Or what? They only shoot LOVE bullets?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/29/13 at 05:44:10

I think that's the point Tony. We now have another 18,000 federal employees in a program that will be a massive net loser even without those salaries and benefits. It's like the TSA and Homeland Security. Another agency that will be hard to get rid of and they WILL expand their reach.

IP Logged
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Reply #9 - 08/29/13 at 07:11:15

WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/13 at 05:44:10:
I think that's the point Tony. We now have another 18,000 federal employees in a program that will be a massive net loser even without those salaries and benefits. It's like the TSA and Homeland Security. Another agency that will be hard to get rid of and they WILL expand their reach.

If the "scope of government" is your point - then I understand your point. Your point of view is valid and many share that view.  I don't share that view - but understand it well enough. Also, the point of this thread I thought was about government investigators being armed. So that is what I was addressing in early posts.

America is the largest economy on the planet. We are the third largest country by population and fourth largest by land mass. It takes more than a teeny-tiny government to run it. The federal government needs to do more than keep a standing army for self defense.

Most historians believe the founding fathers intended for the constitution to be a "living" document. A framework that would evolve and expand as the country grew. So the constitution doesn't establish an EPA, or an OSHA -or a Homeland defense. Or more to this thread an agency to administer the Affordable Care Act.  But then Franklin and company didn't live in a time where a handful of terrorists might be able to load a nuclear bomb or biological weapon into a cargo container and ship to NYC - killing in one blow most of 8+ million people living there. So if Washington, Jefferson and the rest were alive today, who can say for certain that there might not be a dept of Homeland Defense?  

That there are 30-40 million Americans without health insurance - and that this causes a variety of problems in society - is not debatable. What to do about the problem is debatable. Many people think that since it is a national problem a national solution is needed - and is constitutional and reasonable under the "for the common good" part of the constitution and declaration of independence.

My perspective is that 18,000 employees trying to guide, help and determine eligibility for subsidies for 40 million people doesn't sound a like a bunch of waste.

It really all comes down to one's view of the role of government - and I both expect more in the way of services and protections from the government and am not concerned or fearful of it's size - at least not as it is today. A viewpoint that desires a smaller government is equally valid. The strength of a democracy is that some compromise takes place and we as a country meet somewhere in the middle.

Considering that nearly all non-third world countries have some sort of national health care system funded in full and ran by their governments, I'd say what we have certainly represents a compromise.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/29/13 at 20:58:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/29/13 at 00:27:59:

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 08/30/13 at 13:13:01

Tony S wrote on 08/29/13 at 07:11:15:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/29/13 at 05:44:10:

If the "scope of government" is your point - then I understand your point. Your point of view is valid and many share that view.  I don't share that view - but understand it well enough. Also, the point of this thread I thought was about government investigators being armed. So that is what I was addressing in early posts.

America is the largest economy on the planet. We are the third largest country by population and fourth largest by land mass. It takes more than a teeny-tiny government to run it. The federal government needs to do more than keep a standing army for self defense.

Most historians believe the founding fathers intended for the constitution to be a "living" document. A framework that would evolve and expand as the country grew. So the constitution doesn't establish an EPA, or an OSHA -or a Homeland defense. Or more to this thread an agency to administer the Affordable Care Act.  But then Franklin and company didn't live in a time where a handful of terrorists might be able to load a nuclear bomb or biological weapon into a cargo container and ship to NYC - killing in one blow most of 8+ million people living there. So if Washington, Jefferson and the rest were alive today, who can say for certain that there might not be a dept of Homeland Defense?  

That there are 30-40 million Americans without health insurance - and that this causes a variety of problems in society - is not debatable. What to do about the problem is debatable. Many people think that since it is a national problem a national solution is needed - and is constitutional and reasonable under the "for the common good" part of the constitution and declaration of independence.

My perspective is that 18,000 employees trying to guide, help and determine eligibility for subsidies for 40 million people doesn't sound a like a bunch of waste.

It really all comes down to one's view of the role of government - and I both expect more in the way of services and protections from the government and am not concerned or fearful of it's size - at least not as it is today. A viewpoint that desires a smaller government is equally valid. The strength of a democracy is that some compromise takes place and we as a country meet somewhere in the middle.

Considering that nearly all non-third world countries have some sort of national health care system funded in full and ran by their governments, I'd say what we have certainly represents a compromise.

Well said...

Though I push more for a smaller Federal government.  What I see is a replacement of states rights/authorities and capabilities with a federal list of the same. I do not think that is a good thing. To be sure, insurance is federal, but just like many other federal functions, enforcement could be left to the state. The fact that they are choosing NOT to do it that way, in my mind is a power grab by the feds. As to the arming of yet more feds... meh as long as its a bunch of Glocks and 40cal ammo..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/30/13 at 13:33:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/29/13 at 20:58:27:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/29/13 at 00:27:59:

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 19:27:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Another Goverment Police Force????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.