How did you meet? (Read 160 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: How did you meet?
Reply #15 - 08/28/13 at 05:31:28

We attended the same high school. It was a large school and I knew her but we never dated and had a different set of friends since she was a year behind me.

Flash forward five years later and I had just barely managed to escape college where I majored in II-S. (For those youngsters out there, II-S was the draft board classification for student deferment). I decided to buy my first new car, a red Fiat 124 Spyder, and needed a loan. I went to the local bank and saw her again. She was the secretary to the loan officer at the bank. I thought if I asked her out, I might enhance my chances of getting the loan.

Well, the Fiat rusted away very quickly but we marked our 40th anniversary a few weeks ago. Every now and then I think about how it all happened so long ago. I smile and think, darn, I miss that car.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 08/28/13 at 06:52:21

We met at our first cousin's wedding. She was a bridesmaid and I stood up with my cousin. I knew there was something special about her during our first dance. We courted (and sparked) for three years while we finished college at separate colleges, then got married.
That was in 1973, and we are still married, although our cousins divorced after three years.
"In sickness and in health" was an important part of our vows, as she has had MS since 1982, and I take care of her now.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 08/28/13 at 08:20:16

You da' man Art!  I agree with the vows we all make, my wife has had several surgeries and I myself have had a few. As i'm making my comeback from stage III she hasn't blinked once and keeps me going. We aren't the most romantic couple in the world anymore and life has taken its toll on us both, but we stay together through thick and thin, that's what is all about "commitment".

When ever I seen an older couple in the mall or wallmart or at a coffee shop or where-ever, I smile and tell her, "there we are 30 years from now sweety!", see how old I look? and she will say "yeah, but just look at me!" and i'll say "yup, still beautiful" ...and i'll get punched in the arm.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 08/28/13 at 08:24:32

She was in mgmt training for Genesco shoe co back when they weren't made in China. She had been to my church the week before, but I didn't see her. We had a church picnic the next Saturday. We played softball, and she was on third while I played short stop. Played tennis the next night after church. That was August of 1976. We married in March of '77.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 05:26:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › How did you meet?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.