Send Topic Print
The honeymoon is over (Read 182 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
The honeymoon is over
08/26/13 at 07:44:52

My bike is a year old now, and its brought back a joy in my life that was missing for 30 years. I only put 2850 miles on her because of cold weather storage(6 months), and because I ride almost exclusively for entertainment. Problems were almost nonexistent : Sometimes after filling the fuel tank(to recommended level) and putting in additives and shaking bike lightly to mix - fuel will stream out of the gas cap. Also, one time(2100 miles) after warming the bike up I pulled in the clutch and put it in first gear only to hear a loud "whine". I quickly put it back in neutral and haven't heard anything since. The only other thing that I can think of is the drive belt. At 2000 miles I checked the tension with the factory tool. It was on the lowest line of the three(still slightly tight). I have used the hand method of checking tension, and with enough force I can twist it 90 degrees. Thanks to all of you who support this forum. I look forward to another year.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: The honeymoon is over
Reply #1 - 08/27/13 at 04:30:41

Hey Doug just put your additive in before gassing up and it'll mix up without having to shake the bike back and forth, if you would rather do it after gassing say like when you get home just wait till the next ride when the fuel is a little lower  Wink

As for the "whine" are you married? Usually it's my wife that causes that noise   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Reply #2 - 08/27/13 at 19:54:53

ToesNose wrote on 08/27/13 at 04:30:41:
As for the "whine" are you married? Usually it's my wife that causes that noise   Grin

I hear that occasionally too....Usually BEFORE I fire the motah and put it in gear... Roll Eyes

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
Afan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Des Moines, IA
Reply #3 - 08/28/13 at 06:52:51

DaveLKN wrote on 08/27/13 at 19:54:53:
ToesNose wrote on 08/27/13 at 04:30:41:

I hear that occasionally too....Usually BEFORE I fire the motah and put it in gear... Roll Eyes

That's why I put earplugs in even before I step into garage... Smiley

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #4 - 08/28/13 at 07:11:50

Some of us have spousal support(alimony ?) when it comes to riding, and some don't. It doesn't affect me - that honeymoon also ended after 12 years.  I just wish that I could find another(wife - no)  S40 rider locally. I still have never seen another one in person.

IP Logged
PhantomII

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa, FL
Reply #5 - 08/28/13 at 11:35:08

I have only seen 2 others ride Savages in Tampa one was at a stop light and the other was the guy I bought mine from he had 2.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 08/28/13 at 15:14:36

I've seen a few savages around here going down the road.  Never one parked anywhere. Apparantly none of them are on here.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:35:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The honeymoon is over

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.