Remove electric wires (Read 115 times)
miczem
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Remove electric wires
08/26/13 at 00:26:23

Hello
'Ive seen some pictures of bikes with no apparent electrical wires.
Have removed the flashlights on mine. Is it possible to remove the wiring? And how do I hide them if I dont  want the battery box or air filter box. I dont know much about electricity yet, but do I need the solenoid and rectifirer? probably yes...

like the bike ive posted here? Wich is sweet by tre way!!

Michael

savage03small.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Remove electric wires
Reply #1 - 08/26/13 at 05:16:28

Are you sure the photo is a running bike....and not just an unfinished project?

Our bike has electronic ignition and electric start.  You need a battery, starter solenoid, rectifier, igniter....most of the electric stuff is required.  You can get rid of the decompression controller, safety wiring, maybe the turn signals and wiring......and you can run the wiring so that it is not instantly visible or hide it in a frame tube.

If you are not electrically gifted......this is a big project to start out on.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 08/26/13 at 06:01:28

Read the directions and new harness drawings in the tech section. Find them via the table of contents thread, the search function is otherwise very primitive.

Good luck... the way Suzuki gang wired multiple circuits off common power leads (horn, headlight, turn signals, tail light; and the entire ignition system and safeties through the compression release solenoid and ignition solenoid) makes it "interesting".

Asphalt wire loom hides a lot of ills. Any visible when finished wires should be replaced with braid covered versions. The bike does have some o.e.m. braid covered anyway, and a bunch of puny little micro strands of plastic coated that seemingly run randomly around and through the large wires.

The factory harness looks like it was designed by a color blind toddler playing with an old "Spirograph" toy.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
miczem
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/26/13 at 12:39:49

hehe. thanks guys.
Ive tried to search for this, but couldnt find anything,  exept hiding them in an fake oil can or the airbox. Maybe Ill try that out! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 23:27:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Remove electric wires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.