Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Update: new clutch installed, fixed (Read 948 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Update: new clutch installed, still not workin
Reply #60 - 09/11/13 at 13:33:39

Make sure that rod is seated all the way, when we put in the new tensioner on my bike it did not fully seat into the clutch.

Also, dare I ask, what oil are you using now?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 09/11/13 at 17:38:02

By the time you have this fixed you will be the resident clutch expert.  It is only natural to focus on the clutch but you have tried just about everything and I am wondering if the problem could be somewhere else.

Could something in the gear box have jammed up?  This could account for the suddenness of the problem and the burning up of the previous clutch.

Maybe you could take the spark plug out so the engine is easier to turn and put it into various gears and see how easily it turns.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Kizale
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 09/14/13 at 11:57:42

Well she's up and running. I put 50 miles on today and it was all good. I put a couple on 2 nights ago after I got it running and came home to change the oil and filter for any clutch residue. There was some black goo on the filter. I ended up flipping the wave washer and installing the longer 46mm rod. It put me at the lower end on the index but within specs. When I started it and tried to put in into gear it did grind again. I thought I'm just going to give it a try and jammed it into gear. To my surprise once it got it it didn't learch forward and did n't grind anymore. So if anyone else rebuilds a clutch it may do the same until you get it lined up and into gear. It felt similar last week so I'm not sure if it was the wave or not but as long as it's running I'm happy.

IP Logged
Kizale
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 09/14/13 at 12:08:07

Almost forgot, thanks for all the help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home