Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me. (Read 416 times)
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.
08/22/13 at 19:39:56

Well, after many happy years with a wonderful woman turned b****, I find myself back in the dating game. WooHoo  Angry

For starters, I don't even know HOW to date anymore, and to compound my frustrations, I've been swamped with family and friends playing "Matchmaker"....... Not fun.

Anywho, a few people are trying to convince me to try online dating.........I don't think I can do it. Have ya ever been window shoppin' on eHarmony? All I can say is "Wow.....really?"

Just curious to see if any of you fine fellows have had any experience with it (good or bad) and what your thoughts might be.

« Last Edit: 08/22/13 at 21:15:46 by Face »  

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Re: Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.
Reply #1 - 08/22/13 at 20:33:25

You might check out Meetup.  I know there are several "singles" groups in the Boise area, and would imagine the same is true in Salt Lake.

http://www.meetup.com/

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 08/22/13 at 20:53:40

Face, just go out and do stuff you like to do, that way, if you meet a gal out there doing the stuff you like to do, then more than likely you two will get along right nicely.

Just remember, if you treat someone like you want to be treated, you will always be happy with that person if they return the favor, if they don't treat you the same way, go meet someone that will.

All in all, there are going to be a few folks who lie, cheat, and steal, to get what they can.... you just gotta learn to tune your radar to pick up those types...sometimes it takes a few times...

Good luck ! Don't go out looking, let them find you.... Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 08/22/13 at 21:05:08

not too many girls come to my wrenching parties.   :'(

WWW   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 08/22/13 at 21:33:20

I tried online dating and Serowbot's name and picture came up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/22/13 at 22:44:16

Jeepers!... Huh...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/23/13 at 02:20:07

Some advice! You can meet some fine people online to date. Many of them do not want to hang in bars and clubs to meet a mate. Some are beautiful and smart and feel more comfortable meeting someone online where they are under no pressure to be someone they are not. Be honest with them and you might be surprised what you find.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 08/23/13 at 05:10:56

I did it for a bit between marraiges, met some really nice men... met some real a-holes.  There are some real people out there doing it, and plenty of fakes too.  My mother (at 74 years old) met a man online and moved across the country to be with him.  It worked for her.  My advice is to decide what you want from it.  Flings, hang-out buddies, long-term, short-term, playmates, or soulmates?  But don't get too wrapped up in it!  It will consume your time, stuck in front of the computer, if you let it.   

My 2 dating mottos.....  1) If I'm not the one for him, then he's not the one for me.      2)  There's a lid for every jar.

Good luck!  

Hey Vers... I'd come to your wrenching parties if I could....    But you already know I'm a unique woman!    Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 08/23/13 at 07:19:31

verslagen1 wrote on 08/22/13 at 21:05:08:
not too many girls come to my wrenching parties.   :'(

Dude, you know how a woman likes to feel special ... perhaps instead of inviting a woman to a gathering of a bunch of guys you need to offer more specialized (or personal) training sessions ? ?   Smiley
Intimate, one on one time is what touches a woman's heart.   Wink

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 08/23/13 at 07:26:20

When I tell people about going on the trips to ride the Dragon....I tell them that I met you guys on an "Internet Dating Site".....that causes them to wonder for a minute...till I explain a bit further about SuzukiSavage.com.

I spend a lot of time at the gym, and doing volunteer work.  I have made a lot of nice elegible women that are great friends......my marital status prevents it from becoming anything else.  You might try some of those public forums........and I am finding that there are several women in this area that ride motorcycles or scooters!

Heck....you might even try the personal adds on Craigslist.  I imagine there are women in the same situation you are.....and don't know where to look for a guy.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 08/23/13 at 07:35:01

Face wrote on 08/22/13 at 19:39:56:
Well, after many happy years with a wonderful woman turned b****, I find myself back in the dating game. WooHoo  Angry

For starters, I don't even know HOW to date anymore, and to compound my frustrations, I've been swamped with family and friends playing "Matchmaker"....... Not fun.

Anywho, a few people are trying to convince me to try online dating.........I don't think I can do it. Have ya ever been window shoppin' on eHarmony? All I can say is "Wow.....really?"

Just curious to see if any of you fine fellows have had any experience with it (good or bad) and what your thoughts might be.

When my first wife passed away I did not think I would ever remarry.  Everyone I knew, or they knew, was part of my former married life and I just did not have that kind of interest in them.  They were all very comforting and caring following my wife's death and they felt more like family than someone to date.
I did go to several websites just to see who was there and what they were like.  There were some very "interesting" characters to be sure.  All sorts of shapes, sizes, colors, etc, and I'm not just speaking of physical characteristics either.  Most seemed to be there just for the fun of anonymous flirting.  A few were actually looking for real relationships.  I happened to find one of those.  Months of messages, emails, phone calls, some visits here and there, and a year later we were married.  (Jan '12)  
I am a blessed man today.
I have a wonderful wife.
For me, it was an interesting and ultimately very positive experience.

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #11 - 08/23/13 at 09:11:11

My buddy met his wife on eHarmony.

I hear Match.com is decent too.  But some of the other "free" sites are more people looking to hook up.  Not that that's a bad thing.  Just set your expectations accordingly.  Wink

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #12 - 08/23/13 at 12:47:43

Last couple of years the #1 pick up site has been listed as your produce section at your local grocery store and wal-mart.
Just hang out around the bananas giggling "their ALL so Small" and see what turns up! Grin

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #13 - 08/23/13 at 13:06:24

I wouldn't consider WalMart a good pickup spot, unless you have rock-bottom standards.  Look at People of WalMart for some examples.  Grin Grin Grin

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #14 - 08/23/13 at 14:37:23

'I' Shop Wal-Mart.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 07:34:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.