Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me. (Read 416 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.
Reply #45 - 08/27/13 at 08:50:28

PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/27/13 at 08:27:45:
There's an idea WD my friend ... have always thought southern U.S. gals to be sweet!

To a newfy... that's everyone south of the border... right?   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #46 - 08/27/13 at 09:14:43

Almost but not quite verslagen ... latitude of St. John's is actually more southern than most all the other major cities in Canada  Wink

Actually, I wuz referring to the classic "southern belles" that WD was referring to!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Snubby241
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ESCONDIDO, CA 920029
Reply #47 - 08/27/13 at 15:41:38

PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/27/13 at 03:13:58:
As already mentioned, I've tried the online dating thing without much success ... and contrary to popular opinion, had even less success on the pay-for websites than the free ones ...

In addition to the whole "trading up" approach that many 40-something single gals seem to be subscribing to, when it comes to online dating, women (particularly the more physically attractive gals) have the advantage of being approached by many, many men and thus can afford to be picky ... gals rarely initiate first contact, because they don't have too ... I've sent out literally dozens of first contact messages and have rarely gotten an acknowledgement, let alone a response. The gals who've contacted me 1st (and they've been few and far between let me tell you) have, unfortunately been for the most part, elderly more "matronly" types. No offense to them, but I am not interested in dating my "mother" and believe that a certain amount of mutual attraction is essential to the establishment of a romantic relationship ... which I am still young enough (and young enough at heart) to desire ... I can get a pet dog for companionship, if that's all I were looking for ...

My wife will have passed four years ago come this January.  I've been doing the online thing for a hair over 2 years.  Honestly, I think I started too early.

You do meet lots of interesting people and I agree with the "trade-up" attitude of a lot of the "attractive" ladies.

Lots are looking for a "nice guy" but he needs to be tall, fit, six pack abs don't hurt, and the funds for world travel.  Ladies, those guys in my age group are looking at the 30 year olds, they want a trophy.

I also get a lot of messages from nice matronly ladies who remind me of my Grandma and are just looking for a friend.   It's very frustrating.

If you just want to do some hokey pokey, there's always Craigs List, looking for something serious is a pain.

I did get matched with a dominatrix once, if I had been 20, instead of 60 I might have explored that.  Wink

2013 S40, I don't want a pickle.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #48 - 08/27/13 at 16:43:45

Snubby241 wrote on 08/27/13 at 15:41:38:
PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/27/13 at 03:13:58:
As already mentioned, I've tried the online dating thing without much success ... and contrary to popular opinion, had even less success on the pay-for websites than the free ones ...

In addition to the whole "trading up" approach that many 40-something single gals seem to be subscribing to, when it comes to online dating, women (particularly the more physically attractive gals) have the advantage of being approached by many, many men and thus can afford to be picky ... gals rarely initiate first contact, because they don't have too ... I've sent out literally dozens of first contact messages and have rarely gotten an acknowledgement, let alone a response. The gals who've contacted me 1st (and they've been few and far between let me tell you) have, unfortunately been for the most part, elderly more "matronly" types. No offense to them, but I am not interested in dating my "mother" and believe that a certain amount of mutual attraction is essential to the establishment of a romantic relationship ... which I am still young enough (and young enough at heart) to desire ... I can get a pet dog for companionship, if that's all I were looking for ...

My wife will have passed four years ago come this January.  I've been doing the online thing for a hair over 2 years.  Honestly, I think I started too early.

You do meet lots of interesting people and I agree with the "trade-up" attitude of a lot of the "attractive" ladies.

Lots are looking for a "nice guy" but he needs to be tall, fit, six pack abs don't hurt, and the funds for world travel.  Ladies, those guys in my age group are looking at the 30 year olds, they want a trophy.

I also get a lot of messages from nice matronly ladies who remind me of my Grandma and are just looking for a friend.   It's very frustrating.

If you just want to do some hokey pokey, there's always Craigs List, looking for something serious is a pain.

I did get matched with a dominatrix once, if I had been 20, instead of 60 I might have explored that.  Wink

So, did you respond to her at all ?

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #49 - 08/28/13 at 07:03:33

Snubby241 wrote on 08/27/13 at 15:41:38:
looking for something serious is a pain.

Totally agree ... but I've been on my own for over 3 1/2 years, with only a brief 2 1/2 month relationship in all that time ... I was never much of a ""dater" even back in my young-man, single days ... either I had a steady girl or I didn't ... after which came 23 years of marriage with the woman with whom I thought I'd grow old. Am ready again now, before too much more of my life slips away, to become involved with someone to share friendship, companionship ... and yes the spark of romanticl attraction ... I'm still young enough to want to feel that at least one more time before (my advancing) age catches up to me and renders those feelings null and void Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:21:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.