Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me. (Read 416 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.
Reply #30 - 08/25/13 at 05:05:23

PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/25/13 at 02:44:19:
Face ... I too was married to a wonderful woman for 23 of the 25 years we were together ... then out of the blue, back in 2010, she tells me it's over ... 4 months later I find out she had been having an affair with an old childhood friend she had become reaquainted with on F.B. ... we've been divorced since 2011 and I personally have found being single at my age (currently early 50's) to be difficult. Met a gal last year with whom I had a 3 month relationship ... beautiful, smart and a motorcyclist ... she literally threw herself at me, claimed I was good for her soul, the most decent man she had ever met, etc. etc., only to run off with a Biker who hit on her one day while she was stopped at a red light ... prolly just as well ... buddy is a wealthy contractor who has way more to offer her than me ... no way I could compete with that ...
Have tried online dating, but have not had much success with it ... a handful of coffee dates ... seems most gals who find themselves single in their 40's are looking to "trade up" and though I'm a reasonably attractive guy, with a good career and no issues with anger, drugs, or booze, I am pretty laid back and unasuming ... I don't live a flashy, materialistic lifestyle ... seems like that ain't enough now-a-days though ...

Forget about the "trading up" type, be patient and wait for those looking for a real relationship based on the heart, not the bank account.  If you have a good heart then that will attract someone else with the same.
If you really do want another relationship, a GOOD one, then pray about it.  Prayer changes things.

IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #31 - 08/25/13 at 13:27:19

Prayer changes things.  Those words are so true in my situation.  Not my prayers.....The ex's.  I am about as non-religious as they come, but the ex....she was Mormon. Never really devoutly so until the last couple of years. She prayed about a lot of things when her work/family/health began to have issues. Apparently the "Lord" told her she needed to go back to church and get sealed in the temple. (that's a temple marriage for those that don't know) That was obviously not gonna happen with me, and the rest is history.

So at least for now, I'm a little soured on the prayer thing.

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #32 - 08/25/13 at 19:18:40

Face wrote on 08/25/13 at 13:27:19:
Prayer changes things.  Those words are so true in my situation.  Not my prayers.....The ex's.  I am about as non-religious as they come, but the ex....she was Mormon. Never really devoutly so until the last couple of years. She prayed about a lot of things when her work/family/health began to have issues. Apparently the "Lord" told her she needed to go back to church and get sealed in the temple. (that's a temple marriage for those that don't know) That was obviously not gonna happen with me, and the rest is history.

So at least for now, I'm a little soured on the prayer thing.

I can understand you feeling the way you do.  You were trashed in the name of a religion.  Not a good thing dude.  My heart goes out to you.

GOD does not "cotton" much to divorce; down right hates it in fact,  especially when preceded by fornication.  Then throw in an unauthorized marriage for a 3rd sin and trying to make it all "right" by having it SEALED in the Temple (which has nothing to do with Gods laws or teaching, strictly a mans created idea; Joseph Smith).  Me thinks this house of cards she is trying to build will fall down around her head.

IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #33 - 08/25/13 at 19:44:36

Thank you for your understanding. I appreciate it.

If I ever happen to offend any of you who may be religious, I hope you can look at it from my experience and know that I mean nothing personal by it......

Incedentally, the temple sealing was not Joseph Smith's creation. It's a ritual stolen from the Masons, believe it or not. Even the clothing worn during said ceremony bares masonic symbols to this day. Joseph never had an original idea in his life. (and, No, I don't mean they were divinely inspired) But that's a discussion for another day. If we're not carefull this thread will get moved!

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #34 - 08/26/13 at 00:36:12

LANCER wrote on 08/25/13 at 05:05:23:
Forget about the "trading up" type, be patient and wait for those looking for a real relationship based on the heart, not the bank account.  If you have a good heart then that will attract someone else with the same.
If you really do want another relationship, a GOOD one, then pray about it.  Prayer changes things.

I think I have a good heart Lancer ... I ain't perfect, but I always try and do the right thing ... as for the prayer thing, I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in a higher power ... I'd like to believe that prayer changes things, but am not sure ... maybe I should try it ... I've nothing to loose ... thanks for the advice.

BTW, loneliness is THE hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life ... I know, compared to some things that others have to deal with in their lives it might not seem all that imortant, but loneliness has taken a toll on me these 3 1/2 years ... the one thing I want most in this world, to share the special moments of life with someone special, seems to be the hardest thing of all to get ....

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #35 - 08/26/13 at 03:59:23

Face wrote on 08/25/13 at 19:44:36:
Thank you for your understanding. I appreciate it.

If I ever happen to offend any of you who may be religious, I hope you can look at it from my experience and know that I mean nothing personal by it......

Incedentally, the temple sealing was not Joseph Smith's creation. It's a ritual stolen from the Masons, believe it or not. Even the clothing worn during said ceremony bares masonic symbols to this day. Joseph never had an original idea in his life. (and, No, I don't mean they were divinely inspired) But that's a discussion for another day. If we're not carefull this thread will get moved!

I was not aware of the connection with the Mason's on that ceremony.  Interesting.  A lot of secrecy involved in both the Mason's and Mormonism.

Back on the original subject of online dating.
Apart from a search for a new significant person to share life with, I found that communication with women online to be very interesting. Discussions took all sorts of directions.  
It is amazing how freely most people online will speak when they are sitting behind an anonymous persona.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #36 - 08/26/13 at 04:27:04

PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/26/13 at 00:36:12:
LANCER wrote on 08/25/13 at 05:05:23:

I think I have a good heart Lancer ... I ain't perfect, but I always try and do the right thing ... as for the prayer thing, I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in a higher power ... I'd like to believe that prayer changes things, but am not sure ... maybe I should try it ... I've nothing to loose ... thanks for the advice.

BTW, loneliness is THE hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life ... I know, compared to some things that others have to deal with in their lives it might not seem all that imortant, but loneliness has taken a toll on me these 3 1/2 years ... the one thing I want most in this world, to share the special moments of life with someone special, seems to be the hardest thing of all to get ....

Yep, loneliness can be a hard thing.  That was a big part of what drove me to check out the online match sites.  I would encourage it if you have not been there already.  There are a lot of sites and the "personalities" of each is as different as the people who go there.  Some are good, some are boring, some are just lacking and some are crazy raunchy.  There is something for everyone, no matter what you are looking for.  
Anyway, as I mentioned to Face, finding one that matches your personality can result in some very interesting and fun conversations, and you never know what may come of it.  I ended up finding someone and I am very thankful for it.
It won't hurt to try to see if you like it if you've not done so already.  Everything stays anonymous until/if you decide you may want to meet face to face.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #37 - 08/26/13 at 19:51:00

If you guys haven't read it yet,  try the book "Gone Girl, A Novel by Gillian Flynn.   I found it on my kindle and after reading it I wonder who bought it; and  am nervous..and it might bring a new perspective to your relationships that have changed. Grin

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #38 - 08/27/13 at 03:13:58

As already mentioned, I've tried the online dating thing without much success ... and contrary to popular opinion, had even less success on the pay-for websites than the free ones ...

In addition to the whole "trading up" approach that many 40-something single gals seem to be subscribing to, when it comes to online dating, women (particularly the more physically attractive gals) have the advantage of being approached by many, many men and thus can afford to be picky ... gals rarely initiate first contact, because they don't have too ... I've sent out literally dozens of first contact messages and have rarely gotten an acknowledgement, let alone a response. The gals who've contacted me 1st (and they've been few and far between let me tell you) have, unfortunately been for the most part, elderly more "matronly" types. No offense to them, but I am not interested in dating my "mother" and believe that a certain amount of mutual attraction is essential to the establishment of a romantic relationship ... which I am still young enough (and young enough at heart) to desire ... I can get a pet dog for companionship, if that's all I were looking for ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #39 - 08/27/13 at 06:40:19

Just keep trying Perry, there are two fossils that hang out at the local gun shop, have to be pushing the century mark. Both of their fathers were Confederate veterans who were in THEIR 80s when they married early 20s girls and fathered children...

You could always move down here. Got to be more choices than in eastern Canuckistan...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #40 - 08/27/13 at 07:06:57

No offense intended, Perry, and I trust that you will understand me (cause I luv ya man)... but you must have had horrible profiles!!  I mean that in the nicest way, because just from being on this site for years, I know you are an honest, hard-working, good-looking, articulate, sweetheart of a man!  I would have to guess that your profiles didn't do you justice, or somehow attracted a different kind of woman that you were hoping for.  

I'm leaning with WD.... maybe its all about location and availability in your area.....  stuff for Face to keep in mind, if he goes with this option....

(Ewww... I can't imagine 80 year-old balls with a 20-something gal.... thanks for that image WD...  Ick!)

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #41 - 08/27/13 at 07:33:07

Thanks for the compliments babyhog ... I do appreciate it ... PM me an email address and I'll send ya the link for my online Profile ... I'll let you be the judge and I'd sure appreciate a bit of constructive criticism from an impartial female!

Edit: Dooh!!! I can just PM you the link sure ... would you mind giving me your honest opinion? Thanks Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #42 - 08/27/13 at 07:34:54

Hey,Piglet,, why dont you write Perrys profile? YOu know,he may just be humble enough to not be able to tell the girls how wonderful he is.,.
Of course, the jerks can write a great profile for themselves,,
No Pain meant for our friends here

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #43 - 08/27/13 at 07:54:08

PerrydaSavage wrote on 08/27/13 at 07:33:07:
Thanks for the compliments babyhog ... I do appreciate it ... PM me an email address and I'll send ya the link for my online Profile ... I'll let you be the judge and I'd sure appreciate a bit of constructive criticism from an impartial female!

Edit: Dooh!!! I can just PM you the link sure ... would you mind giving me your honest opinion? Thanks Smiley

Yep!  Hopefully this afternoon....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #44 - 08/27/13 at 08:27:45

WD wrote on 08/27/13 at 06:40:19:
Just keep trying Perry ... You could always move down here. Got to be more choices than in eastern Canuckistan...

There's an idea WD my friend ... have always thought southern U.S. gals to be sweet!

Fact is, here in eastern Canuckistan, I've heard women out number men ... not sure how accurate this is though ... OK, time for a Google search ...

http://globalnews.ca/news/288881/single-in-the-city-what-the-census-can-tell-...

from the above link;
Quote:
There are ten available women for every nine available men in both St. John’s, Newfoundland and Saint John, New Brunswick.

Interesting ...

and babyhog ... Thank you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 07:40:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Online Dating....You gotta be kidding me.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.