Reason for the C50 (Read 61 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reason for the C50
08/20/13 at 13:10:44

For a bit for background both my wife and I are close to retirement and were looking for another joint activity other than golf. I dislike playing golf with the wife since I seem to pick up some new and disturbing profanity every time we play. She is just a little intense when it comes to golf.

Anyway, I took up riding as a hobby last year at 62. Better late than never I guess. After the MSF course, the first bike was a 2007 S40. A year and about 5,500 miles later, it was replaced with a 2007 C50 so we could try some 2 up riding. We are tallish people, I am 6'2" and my wife is an even 6'. A total of 12' 2" just does not fit on an S40.

We tried it for the first time a week ago and I practiced turns and stops on a parking with her on board for about 2 hours. This past Saturday, we took to the two lane roads that wind through the horse farms here in the Lexington Kentucky area. Great fun, she loved it and I think we have found a new activity.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Reason for the C50
Reply #1 - 08/20/13 at 13:39:36

Good going.  So far my wife has not been thrilled to ride on any of the bikes I have owned.  Both the Kawasaki dual sport and the Savage were not comfortable for her, and the seats on those bikes make our helmets at the same level and she does not have much of a view....and we would bang helmets when I shifted.

I am going to downsize some hobbies and tools and look into buying a used Honda ST1100 next year....they seem to be very affordable when purchased used.  Then I think we will have a bike that we can both ride on comfortably.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Reason for the C50
Reply #2 - 08/20/13 at 17:12:46

The wife and I did the sme thing. The C50 did well, but the C90 is a Cadillac of a ride wirh much more power and much roomier.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:18:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Reason for the C50

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.