Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Are you one of the Zombie targets (Read 297 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Are you one of the Zombie targets
Reply #45 - 08/23/13 at 09:16:05

That's a big controversy here now. Made the local news. Something like 40% I believe.
Welfare pays more than the minimum wage.
Well duh. Bust your ass and get paid or do nothing and get paid?

My girlfriend went to a job fair.
I said dress nice, bring your resume in a folder, be polite, kiss ass.
She was going for a local department store so I added tell them right off the bat you want manager but are willing to do cashier work for 3-6 months to learn the ropes.

She woke up at 6 with me, dressed nice, brought copies of her resume, sweet talked them.
They have a few branches. One in New Britain. They offered her manager right off the bat.
She doesn't want to deal with "undesirables" and doesn't speak enough Spanish so she declined and asked for the store in a nicer town. They told her they'd have to start her off as a cashier and then they'd see about advancement.
They never called back.
She called back and they said the position was filled.
I told her she should've taken the manager position that was available because at least it's experience and a paycheck.

Oh, the point.
The whole point of this is that she went to that job fair and said she was the only one there.
Granted, she was first in at 7AM, but she was the only one there. The only one making an effort.

--Steve

IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 08/23/13 at 09:23:46

Paraquat wrote on 08/23/13 at 09:16:05:
That's a big controversy here now. Made the local news. Something like 40% I believe.
Welfare pays more than the minimum wage.
Well duh. Bust your ass and get paid or do nothing and get paid?

My girlfriend went to a job fair.
I said dress nice, bring your resume in a folder, be polite, kiss ass.
She was going for a local department store so I added tell them right off the bat you want manager but are willing to do cashier work for 3-6 months to learn the ropes.

She woke up at 6 with me, dressed nice, brought copies of her resume, sweet talked them.
They have a few branches. One in New Britain. They offered her manager right off the bat.
She doesn't want to deal with "undesirables" and doesn't speak enough Spanish so she declined and asked for the store in a nicer town. They told her they'd have to start her off as a cashier and then they'd see about advancement.
They never called back.
She called back and they said the position was filled.
I told her she should've taken the manager position that was available because at least it's experience and a paycheck.

Oh, the point.
The whole point of this is that she went to that job fair and said she was the only one there.
Granted, she was first in at 7AM, but she was the only one there. The only one making an effort.

--Steve

That's (unfortunately) the way a LOT of society is now.
"Bettering yourself is just so...... INCONVENIENT!
You have to get up EARLY. AND TRY?
Nah. Welfare will take care of me."

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 08/25/13 at 06:14:52

Yea, & there have been times when the fed was auctioning off T-Bills/Bonds,, & NO ONE Came ,,thats way uncool

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #48 - 09/01/13 at 12:28:12

I saw that article too.  Said DC, Hawaii, and Mass. paid almost $50,000 per year in welfare.  Why work at a 28k job when you can sit and get almost twice that? And 28k is well above minimum wage.

Looking from the unemployed's point of view, what's the point in working fast foot, retail floor, cashier, something like that?  You get nearly 3 times the money sitting at home and doing what you want.

I have no problems with these programs being used as a stop-gap to help someone in need get back on their feet, as originally intended.  But something's wrong when you can sit back and do nothing and make a much better living that I do just because you're too lazy to work or get paid more for not working. Those who could honestly use a little assistance usually can't get it. Those who should be working but aren't get all the assistance they could possibly want.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 09/01/13 at 20:38:41

They recently discussed raising minimum wage here in CT.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/State-House-boosts-minimum-wage-4558644.php

It's 8.25 and they want to raise it to 9 dollars.
When I started working I was making minimum wage and it was 5.15 and hour. Granted, I'm half the age of the majority here.

Fast food workers were recently striking. They want a union (which is only going to cost them more in the long run) and to make 15 dollars an hour.
Go crappity smack yourself.
You want an extra 7 dollars an hour to crappity smack up my coffee order? With the nerve to set out a tip jar?

http://www.wfsb.com/story/23284730/fast-food-workers-in-hartford-join-nationa...

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 01:58:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Are you one of the Zombie targets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.