Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1986 ls650 red/w/drag bars/stock (Read 109 times)
velo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

1986 ls650 red/w/drag bars/stock
08/15/13 at 10:36:24

First I'de like to say my conection is painfully slow so down loads of large files is dificult. My 86 has 10k on it, the side cases(engine) are corroded some kind of clear coating thats not so clear any more, any best method to restore the finnish??? Also the Mikuni carb fitted to that model, there are no markings to speak of and I'm not aware of how it's supposed to funtion ie: settings, jetting, funtion of the different componets ect.... Any suggestions ?????????????? Thanks

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 1986 ls650 red/w/drag bars/stock
Reply #1 - 08/15/13 at 11:20:47

My clear coat went all spider webby & it corroded under the cracks. I tried several methods & the one I finally decided was the fastest/easiest/cheapest/least toxic was the green 3-m scrubby pads on a palm size orbital sander. I used a spray bottle with water, also0,, mist the surface & the pad, go to town, youll get a gray slurry, thats what ya want, keep it damp enough to do that. Yea, coupla places youll get by hand,, but that will put a nice matte Buzz in the aluminum & then get some rattle can clear. I dont remember if I pulled both covers or just the clutch side, since its lower,, I think I left the left on & pulled the clutch,, NO,, Wait,, I had it off, because the clutch throwout had busted,m,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
velo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/19/13 at 07:46:49

thanks, I'll have to find a shop manual to determine which cover are wet and which are dry, thanks again, now all I need is some carb info

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/19/13 at 08:34:47

Carb Info? Naaah, no one here has a clue,, well,, except for a few absolute experts,, ask your ? & see what ya get..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:28:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1986 ls650 red/w/drag bars/stock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.