Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: rodeo clown banned
Reply #15 - 08/15/13 at 11:14:49

I wondered about prior history...
given the equal treatment...
the sacrosanct attitude of the divisional politics...
the race card...
the possible involvement of fair (?) officials... announcer... and others...
banning the clown is BS scape goating.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 08/15/13 at 11:23:35

Well,, There are people who havent said anything.. absolute, total Crikkits!

Mite be just a little bit telling,,
Its okay S, this thread will be ready & waiting when you come back,,
& Jerry, you made statements & I rebutted them. No response,, Im seeing a pattern.

Wanna have a go at the Commerce clause?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #17 - 08/15/13 at 15:02:11

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 08/15/13 at 07:47:48:
You guys are missing a crucial element in this - it is that there was a sign saying something like, "who wants Obama run over by a bull" while the clown was taunting a bull.
The mask wasn't the issue nearly as much as the idea of promoting physical harm to the President of the U.S.
I'm no fan of Obama, as most of you know, but this stunt was beyond being just a little over the top, and certainly wasn't funny.
We have lost respect for the office of the presidency, a sad time in our country.

I respect the office but not the man who is in it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/15/13 at 15:06:25

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/15/13 at 15:07:25

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 08/16/13 at 08:52:29

Thats awesome, Steve,,

Awwrite, buddy from down HOuston way called,, we talked about this..
The state did a lot wrong,,he mentioned he thot that it also impacts his Right to Commerce & Contract,, & WOW,, Isnt that the truth?
He also mentioned a coupla others Quit,, the announcer & the guy who was head of the rodeo( IF Im rememberin right).

Anyone have the story on why these guys quit?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 08/16/13 at 23:24:44

Im tryin to keep this high on the page for S..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 08/16/13 at 23:53:13

Am I S.?. Undecided... or Srin?...

I will say,.. I read a report from a spectator at that rodeo,... and he claims he heard the announcer mention Obama approximately 100 times...
This does sound like incitement...
The man said it began to feel like a KKK rally...
If that is true, in perception if not detail,.. it is ugly... and unseemly,.. and lacking respect...

Rodeos are a predominantly white interest... and among a southern audience it may have fed upon itself, and got out of hand...
Maybe not entirely the clowns fault... (I would tend to hold the announcer more culpable, from what I've read)... but, this not some PC overreach... it sounds very distasteful, and unhealthy...
Such things encourage the lower elements of society...

Worse yet,...is the Texas RNC's kneejerk invitation for the clown to repeat this performance for them...
That shows a pure hateful spite... and stinks of racism...
Please note...I didn't say it was racist... I said it smells of it...
Rep's should know better... (what motivates them?... hatred?... pandering to white racist's?... or just blind ignorance?)...

Sorry you asked for my opinion?... Grin...
Happy to give my 2 cents... as long as we all know, this is all just opinion based on the details of reporting we got...
None of us was there...
SO,... it can vary wildly based on who's account we are taking...
I think we'd all agree that there is a line that could be crossed...
Reports differ on the event...

Was this a friendly ribbing of the president,.. or an incitement of hate?...
Don't know...
The first amendment does protect free speech,... but, there are exceptions... like crying fire in a crowded theater...
Excessive taunting of an audience, to belittle a black man in a predominantly white, male, southern audience... can be tantamount to crying fire in a crowded theater...
A public announcer has a responsibility beyond that of a regular person... their actions in influence others... as does even a clown...
As even do we.... speaking in a forum, instead of one to one...
The larger the reach of our voice,... the more responsible we are for our words...

« Last Edit: 08/17/13 at 01:22:54 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 08/17/13 at 04:09:11

I think we'd all agree that there is a line that could be crossed...

Ive left places when things got ugly,,
So, in this predominately white crowd, were there any assaults on those few who werent?
& whats the answer when the line is crossed? & who decides when that happens?
& No, youre Rowboat,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/17/13 at 05:52:57

I'm sure Bush was tarred and feathered at many predominantly black events and sure, race was part of it in the sense that black groups all have an "us against them" aspect. I get that. And being from Missouri and I have a large customer in Sedalia, I can tell you for sure the n word gets tossed around freely in homes and bars around there. I'm pretty sure Romney won the same % of the vote in that area as say Obama did in every major inner city.

But...... Obama's supporters and bored liberal media types,  can't use every occurrence and blame it on race even if there is an element of racism because that makes Obama unassailable. Obama is notoriously thin-skinned as our his supporters who are used to being able to bully public opinion their way.
As for as the Texas Congressman who offered the guy a job, the way this was blown up into completely about race did exactly the same thing as the Zimmerman trial did: it took an event that wasnt necessarily race based and forced sides to be drawn.
Remember the golden rule: politics does not unite people, it divides.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #25 - 08/17/13 at 06:20:59

We no longer have rodeos at the Mid South Fair, In fact, it isn't even in TN anymore, it moved to Desoto County MS. Big part of that was the assaults, purse snatchings and pickpockets... all black on white. The other factor being that the University of Memphis wanted the fairgrounds for tailgating parking in support of the "couldn't win a game if the refs were paid off" football program, in order to keep alumni money pouring into the campus.

Seeing as the fair had already gone commercial instead of maintaining an agriculture focus, good riddance. I went mostly for deep fried salt, SoCo slushies and puking off the Ferris wheel onto the people below...

Sorry you asked?

As to the clown situation, bunch of knee jerk cry babies on the fair board. Sensitivity training? It's a rodeo, once your balls have dropped enough to be a participant, you've earned the right to say whatever you want, in whatever format, at that venue.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 08/17/13 at 15:21:57

You do know youre on the sensitivity training list now, right?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 08/19/13 at 08:03:47

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 08/15/13 at 07:47:48:
You guys are missing a crucial element in this - it is that there was a sign saying something like, "who wants Obama run over by a bull" while the clown was taunting a bull.
The mask wasn't the issue nearly as much as the idea of promoting physical harm to the President of the U.S.
I'm no fan of Obama, as most of you know, but this stunt was beyond being just a little over the top, and certainly wasn't funny.
We have lost respect for the office of the presidency, a sad time in our country.

+1

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 08/19/13 at 08:07:13

Yea, where were ya when it was Bush getting Creamed?

This is a load of crap. ya dont allow a state or state agency to censure a citizen, its against the Big C. & what of the mans Right to Commerce & Contract?

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #29 - 08/20/13 at 04:47:22

Sign nothing, it was the announcer who asked the crowd if they wanted to see president Obuma run over by a bull.

If he had had a Bush mask on nobody would of said a thing.
People are being a little bit too political correct, touchy. What ever happened to the freedom of free speech.

On that note Justin, i do hope you were just talking about the Fair Board with this quip.
"Id show THEM in the Show me State.,.buncha illiterate jakkasses.."

Im from Missouri! If your lumping us all together why don't you come on down and Sho-Me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 07:15:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › rodeo clown banned

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.