Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Insurance: The NOOBIEST of NOOB questions (Read 190 times)
Tony S

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Evansville,IN
Re: Insurance: The NOOBIEST of NOOB questions
Reply #15 - 08/19/13 at 21:33:30

If you have a regular insurance agent for your car, house, etc then you should not have a problem. I called my State Farm Agent, told them what I was buying and the VIN. I gave them a credit card number, they texted me a policy number and off to the license branch I went. I was covered the second I hung up the phone. A couple of days later and temporary proof of insurance letter arrived in the mail and I put that with the temporary registration issued by BMV.

IP Logged
Rembrandt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Re: Insurance: The NOOBIEST of NOOB questions
Reply #16 - 08/25/13 at 17:59:25

I also live in Ontario, Canada and have my bike insurance with TD Menoche for a much cheaper amount. However, I also have two cars and my house insured with them. I have a million dollars liability and 500 dollars deductibles for collision and comprehensive and I even have accident forgiveness. For whatever reason, for my first premium, they just insured me till my birthday early next year and then will bill me for a full year moving forward, but I bought the bike May 9 this spring and I'm covered until February 8, 2014 and I'm only paying 283 for just under a year, so go figure--keeping in mind that the winter months we're covered for up here barely factor into the yearly price anyway. I guess I should add that I'm also getting some discount as well for being part of a university alumni association. And in Ontario, insurance rates vary by region based on population density / accident rates, etc. Insurance carries so many different incredible variables.

A hundred years from now, none of this will matter.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:27:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Insurance: The NOOBIEST of NOOB questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.