Send Topic Print
Vibrating Belt Guard (Read 69 times)
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Vibrating Belt Guard
08/12/13 at 11:42:54

Everything seems tight just sometimes for no reason it just resonates at idle or slight throttle..I can touch it and it will stop is there something can be done other than taking it off? Which I can't sometimes I ride the Mrs..

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Vibrating Belt Guard
Reply #1 - 08/12/13 at 11:45:41

I have never had it happen.....don't know what to suggest other than checking to see that the motor mounts are tight, and that your idle speed is 1,100 rpm or so.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #2 - 08/12/13 at 12:41:55

Dave wrote on 08/12/13 at 11:45:41:
I have never had it happen.....don't know what to suggest other than checking to see that the motor mounts are tight, and that your idle speed is 1,100 rpm or so.

Motor mounts are the two each side at heat sheild on the right and at the footpeg kickstand on the left?

How does one check the rpm without a tach?

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #3 - 08/12/13 at 15:54:27

Rush-rks wrote on 08/12/13 at 12:41:55:
Dave wrote on 08/12/13 at 11:45:41:

Motor mounts are the two each side at heat sheild on the right and at the footpeg kickstand on the left?

How does one check the rpm without a tach?

Update: It is where the belt guard tucks under the front pulley cover.  I took that off to be sure the screws where tight on the belt guard and I couldnt budge them.  Thought about wedging a small piece of rubber there but thought better of it..it could fall on the front pulley while turning and could cause a problem so I will just live with it call it character Wink on another note was good to pull that cover off and have a look see all seemed to be ok pulley not rubbing cover etc.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 08/12/13 at 16:11:04

Grease it. Color is irrelevant as long as it has a high resistance to wash out. The grease will do 2 things: dampen the sound of the parts themselves vibrating, and prevent them from making metal to metal, contact.

98 models are a bit odd. I've had mine since 2/98, it has leaks no other Savage has, has leaked since the first time it was ridden, has NEVER needed the valves adjusted (but does need other top end work now), front brake has never worked properly, used to get 70+ mpg in town stone stock plus a turn or two out on the air mixture screw... and the top guard and front guard are rubbed thin, has always rubbed, grease helps if you keep up with it.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #5 - 08/12/13 at 16:47:24

WD wrote on 08/12/13 at 16:11:04:
Grease it. Color is irrelevant as long as it has a high resistance to wash out. The grease will do 2 things: dampen the sound of the parts themselves vibrating, and prevent them from making metal to metal, contact.

98 models are a bit odd. I've had mine since 2/98, it has leaks no other Savage has, has leaked since the first time it was ridden, has NEVER needed the valves adjusted (but does need other top end work now), front brake has never worked properly, used to get 70+ mpg in town stone stock plus a turn or two out on the air mixture screw... and the top guard and front guard are rubbed thin, has always rubbed, grease helps if you keep up with it.

yeah that sounds good..get a little heavy grease from the shop where I work and just dab it where the two parts touch Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/12/13 at 17:59:14

run a wedge in, squirt some silicone in, let it set up, pull the wedge

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:16:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Vibrating Belt Guard

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.