Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
clutch lever adjustment nut keeps breaking (Read 33 times)
ajhoff83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Madison, WI
clutch lever adjustment nut keeps breaking
08/10/13 at 06:21:13

I put a pair of Biltwell Breezer bars on my bike after I got it. They have about an 8" rise. The bike came with drag bars but I think the model had Buckhorns originally because I had plenty of length of cable. So I assumed these news bars would work out fine. Had it for about 7 months and while I was riding the little adjustment nut snapped.

I got a new one and tried to re run the cable but I cant seem to find the right route to not make it tight. If I got the wrong cable are the drag cable and the buckhorn cable much different in length, or is it very noticeable?

Also has anyone run bars with an 8" rise have troubles or should it be easy? I didnt have to extend any other cables on the bike at all.

thanks!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: clutch lever adjustment nut keeps breaking
Reply #1 - 08/10/13 at 06:30:24

Same length, different hard end bend. Drag bar cables on traditional bars for some reason rarely work out. Only 8" rise? I ran 10" w/o issue, 13.5" with a reroute, when I switched to 15" rise I switched to a VN800A clutch cable. I got the 4" over, should have got a stock length, but, just means I can switch to 20 or 21" rise if I get ambitious...

Mine shipped with buckhorn bars and I've had it since 2/98, brand new.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ajhoff83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Madison, WI
Re: clutch lever adjustment nut keeps breaking
Reply #2 - 08/10/13 at 07:20:32

hmm, dont know what the hell im doing then. My cable has a 90 degree bend right off the lever so I think theyre the buckhorn ones. I guess Ill have to play with the route and stuff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:49:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › clutch lever adjustment nut keeps breaking

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.