Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just got back from Yellowstone (Read 159 times)
tdub2112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Just got back from Yellowstone
08/09/13 at 23:46:25

Well all, since I didn't want to overwhelm you all sifting through a huge ride report, I'll sum things up shortly here, and if you want more details, read the blog post. If you don't mind a little bit of a read, just skip this. One thing I forgot to mention in the blog was that the park was FILLED with Harley's coming from Sturgis. I had to be one of only a handful of non HD cruisers. Dad felt a little more at home on his Concours. There were plentiful Gold Wings and a few big BMW's running around the park.

As stated in the title, I just got back from Yellowstone. Being an Idaho Native, I really don't care for the park. But MAN. It is cool on bikes. Whole different perspective. And the little Savage just ate up the asphalt. I've ticked off my first 400 miles on this bad boy now and I'm in love. He just purrs. Being only 5' 4" and 130, I was super comfy for all of it. Although If we hit long stretches of highway, I had to stop every 50 miles or so or else my butt would just go numb.

Learned so much about how this bike handles, and even more about just riding in general. So many cool people out there to swap stories. with. Parked next to some HD's at Old Faithful who went to Sturgis from Florida, and were on their way to Cali. That would take some dedication. They said they would be gone about six weeks.

I think I could do about a week on a bike and I would be spent. Crazy.

http://randomthoughtsofagearhead.blogspot.com/2013/08/random-though-9-road-tr...

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Just got back from Yellowstone
Reply #1 - 08/10/13 at 04:13:52

"GoPro's are great when you think you're about to be gored by a bison. Capture your last moments in stunning 1080p."  LOL

Nice bloggy write up of your trip and your take on your Savage, sounds like it was a great trip and quality time with your Dad...well other then the rain    Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 08/10/13 at 05:34:27

Sounds like you had a great time except for the rain.  But, did it really happen?  I didn't see any pictures.  Cheesy

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 08/10/13 at 07:03:02

I have seen that line about "If there are no pictures it didn't happen" before, on several forums (forae?). It irks me. First, it impugns the honesty of anyone who did not post pictures. Second, some people don't take many pictures at all. Third, some of us refuse to post pictures if we cannot post directly to the forum instead of some site such as Bikepics or Photobucket. And fourth, I have lots of pictures from previous trips in the car. All I have to do is post them and claim they are from the current trip.

I refuse to use a third-party photo hosting site because I have seen too many places where instead of a picture, there is some notification to the effect that the picture has been removed or deleted or the account has been inactivated due to non-use.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/10/13 at 09:26:05

Charon wrote on 08/10/13 at 07:03:02:
I have seen that line about "If there are no pictures it didn't happen" before, on several forums (forae?). It irks me.

Jeez, Charon... kinda' harsh...
No one's impugning or or calling folks liars...

I just want to see pics dagnabbit!....
I want to see the people, the bikes, and pretty places...
Just telling me about a trip,.. is like describing how good a hamburger is, but not giving me a bite...
I want a bite!... Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #5 - 08/10/13 at 10:13:24

I just got back from a trip (not on the LS 650, but on my Yamaha Majesty) to Pikes Peak, Mount Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Independence Pass. I took, perhaps, half a dozen pictures. At most I can post one in this post. As I said, I refuse to use a third-party site.

I just got a message - "NOTICE: If you had an attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the attachment again in the browse box for security reasons." Obviously, the upload didn't work.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 08/10/13 at 10:35:36

My comment was meant as more of a joke than anything else after having seen that so many times on here and other sites.  I have absolutely no reason to think that he didn't go on and enjoy the trip.

We all like pictures though.  It's nice to see the places that people are able to go.  There's some really nice places to go out west.   Living in the deep south, having 2 kids and a wife that acts like she's younger than the kids, I may never get to actually take a bike trip to many of these places. Too many responsibilities at home to take that kind of time away.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Sheriff41

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

O'ahu, HI
Reply #7 - 08/10/13 at 11:27:31

Sounds like it was a great time tdub!  I look forward to getting back on the mainland and doing some longer rides.  Thanks for posting the review.

IP Logged
tdub2112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/10/13 at 15:49:02

I got a few pics that I'm uploading to the Blog myself. I'd put them on here, but I want a common place to put them to direct people from Facebook, etc. And I don't want to double upload.  Wink

I'll see if I can throw together a GoPro edit in my spare time. I might have some free time this evening and tomorrow.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 08/10/13 at 17:46:49

Neat!... Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 08/10/13 at 18:42:23

Congratz on the trip.. I am about to head over to the blog.. but before I do.. what part of Idaho.. I use to live in Twin Falls .. that would be from '68 to '75/early '76.

First bike ride, was on the back of a Honda  750Four, down to the canyon a few miles down the road.

IP Logged
tdub2112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/10/13 at 21:37:08

I'm in Idaho Falls. I've been down that way a few times, but usually when going south, it's down to SLC. I hear there's some good pheasant hunting down by Twin. My dad has some friends with parents in Burley. Just wish I could get hooked up with them.

Gorgeous area for sure.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #12 - 08/10/13 at 21:38:28

Looks like you had quite an adventure! Smiley  From what part of Idaho do you hail?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 08/11/13 at 13:53:46

So, this Yellowstone Park Ranger was standing outside the visitors center when a nice looking young lady approached him & asked

"Sir, I am on a very tight schedule & have very little time to visit this park..What would you do if you were me,, & had only an hour to stay?"

He pointed to a shady spot beneath a big old tree & he said

"Id sit right there & cry"...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #14 - 08/11/13 at 17:30:54

Sounds like a great trip you had.
Thanks for sharing..
I enjoy reading the enjoyment others
find on the bike. Pictures are great and
I enjoy those as well.. Smiley kim