So long and thanks ... (Read 148 times)
Realbtl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bigfork MT
So long and thanks ...
08/09/13 at 16:21:29

for all the fish.  Seriously I wanted to thank everybody here for the wealth of info not to mention pure enjoyment.  I could never get my S40 comfortable for me so I sold it to a fellow old fart today.  He's about 5" shorter and loved it,  I filled the cruiser slot in the stable with a 2009 Honda Shadow Aero.
And yes I've already removed the leather fringe thingies.  Ride safe, realbtl.

IP Logged
mscepu101

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: So long and thanks ...
Reply #1 - 08/09/13 at 16:31:42

Wait a minute... you are the second member to move to a Honda shadow.  Tell me ...which do you think rides better - the savage or shadow?

IP Logged
Realbtl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bigfork MT
Reply #2 - 08/09/13 at 17:01:06

I don't think there is a set answer to that.  It really depends on the individual.  Performance wise they are similar though the S40 seems a bit quicker.  The Shadow is about 200 lbs heavier and much longer.  For me at 6'1", 250 lbs, 65 years old the Shadow is more comfortable to ride though I'm sure there will be times I curse the added weight.

IP Logged
mscepu101

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/09/13 at 17:09:17

Thanks for the honest answer!

I can say with certainty that I enjoy my 1999 Savage more than my early 80’s GS850E.  Enjoy the Shadow!

IP Logged
ylwf3vr

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Reply #4 - 08/10/13 at 08:47:37

Realbtl wrote on 08/09/13 at 17:01:06:
I don't think there is a set answer to that.  It really depends on the individual.  Performance wise they are similar though the S40 seems a bit quicker.  The Shadow is about 200 lbs heavier and much longer.  For me at 6'1", 250 lbs, 65 years old the Shadow is more comfortable to ride though I'm sure there will be times I curse the added weight.

Bike looks great! Like I savage is my first crusier type bike. I've been debating it because cruisers just LOOK heavier.. I'm only 5'9 145 lbs. For my size it fits.. And I'm wondering if that is the norm.. Taller folks out there quickly "outgrow" savages

2007 S-40: Dyna Muffler, Raptor, K&N Air Filter, everything else stock
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/10/13 at 09:29:13

Real,...Yer' not going to get fish like this anywhere else ya' know?...

Ride safe, Wink...
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mscepu101

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/10/13 at 16:23:44

I am 5' 8" on a good day Wink and 145 lb with a 30" inseam and I find the savage a good fit.  I would like a more standard position but I know that it becoming harder to find.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 08/10/13 at 21:23:07

Looks like a lot of us are 5' 5-10" and 140-170-ish lbs. I fit that category
and my wife's savage fits me well, except for the foot position. When I get mine I will get the 6" forward controls and try for a different seat setup. I do have a couple of old Honda vtx seats, maybe I will rig one of those up.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Afan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Des Moines, IA
Reply #8 - 08/11/13 at 07:53:29

Ride hard and ride safe, Realbtl!

I'm 5'10" & 240lbs. I'm happy owner of the 2006 S40 for a little bit over 3 months and 2,500 miles. And more I ride more I'm happy.
The ONLY thing I'm concerned about and it could force me to buy something bigger is I really can't ride with my wife on S40. First, comfort-wise. Second, I have a feeling I'm torturing my bike with us two on top of it (even though my wife is "normal" weight Smiley ) It's just not made for. And she can't ride by herself. Sad

Sorry for hijacking your post Realbtl Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:31:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So long and thanks ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.