Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acer/Gateway 21" Android OS device hits FCC (Read 44 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Acer/Gateway 21" Android OS device hits FCC
08/08/13 at 13:50:07

http://liliputing.com/2013/08/gateway-android-all-in-one-pc-with-android-hits...

Acer/Gateway is importing the first Android OS all in one computer.

Obviously, as part of the Google vendor group they know something we don't know yet.   But they and Dell and HP all know the same thing whatever it is -- as all three companies are preparing HUGE 21" to 24" Android OS flatscreen devices (now going through the FCC approvals) that all will hit in Q4 of this year to Q1 of next year -- and after the advent of the next Android OS system bump perhaps ???

Will this be Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?   Or will it be Chrome OS #30?  Or will it be whatever they are going to call the conjoined system once they blend them together into one seamless, convergent system?

Makes you sorta wonder, don't it?

Microsoft would be having kittens in the break room right about now, if they could find either the break room or their kittens .....

(both were mislaid during the recent restructuring, I am afraid)

=================

If "whatever this is" really takes off good -- then every TV made will have it "built in" within a half of a year.  

Remember, many TVs already come net ready right now
, just using custom android interfaces that likely can run "whatever this is" once it comes out of the closet.

And then the age of the PC comes to a close as your phone and your tablet and your TV/bigscreen PC all will use a convergent software called "whatever it is".   And you can Chromecast whatever to whichever at will using your dongle (if you don't have a brand new state of the art TV, that is).

And Ballmer weeps & gnashes his teeth and sues somebody over something, as does Apple.  

Smiley     Mainly because what else CAN they do?   When paradigm shift occurs you are either inside the new paradigm or you are left helplessly in the dust behind the change curve ....    

Ask Kodak about them digital cameras for example.   Or ask an old vacuum tube company how they are doing.   Or a cathode ray tube monitor company.

Remember, all of the rapidly expanding NEW Oriental, Middle Eastern, Indochina, and South American  market's customers all think Android really IS an operating system already, and they like it just fine because it is all they have ever used ....

« Last Edit: 08/08/13 at 19:45:50 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Acer/Gateway 21" Android OS device hits FCC
Reply #1 - 08/09/13 at 00:57:05

My girl needs a computer & a TV,, Is now the time to plan?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 08/09/13 at 06:30:44

Justin, I'd wait until it comes out, then I'd ask the female what the female wants, offering up all the choices available.  

I'd ask her what her friends are using ....

Females always want to CHOOSE, remember.

And, they always want to TALK to you about what they WANT, or don't want, as the case may be.

They always want to know you LOVE them and value their opinion and are willing to do what they WANT because you LOVE them.

What females want is what other females in their personal orbit use and tell them is "the best thing".

My wife uses an Android phone and a Ipad for these exact reasons.   I think she gets more mileage out of the Ipad as she has more females that can show her how to do stuff on it.   She says the Android phone is too "technical" and is amazed to see me use the phone to do all the stuff she does on the Ipad, and more.

She would never "research" something on the web, if someone can't show her how to do it she doesn't need it anyway.

================

So, any new new new technology fails the woman test on soooo many levels it isn't even worth considering until it becomes main stream and all the other women are using it.

I thought you'd know better, really, being married as long as you have been.

I don't think any woman really likes technology anyway, they like the games and the talking and stuff they can do on them, but the machinery itself is just an aggravation to them.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 08/09/13 at 09:18:30

Dang OF!!!! you been hangin' round my wife?  Or maybe yours has been hanging with mine, or maybe they all are really the same...hmmmm

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/09/13 at 14:13:07

Okay, forget the post in the other thread..

My girl is Way different than that. She doesnt have girlfriends to speak of, pretty much a loner & SHE is a pack leader if theres gonna be a pack,,She wouldnt be above talking to someone she sees using something & asking them how it works for them, but I told her about you & how Up to Speed you are on computers & such & she is definitely interested in your opinion. I know she is needin a TV & a DVD player so the boy can watch Bambi & such, but he isnt always in front of the tube, we have lots of dirt to bury feet in, clods & sticks to throw, real important things for a 3 y/o. Of course theres the swing set/ fort & trucks.
Anyway,, the stuff you were talking about that docks & connectes to other things intrigues me,, so,, toss me a bone,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:26:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Acer/Gateway 21" Android OS device hits FCC

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.