Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hard tail/extend wheelbase but keep the drive belt (Read 48 times)
flamingBackfire
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

hard tail/extend wheelbase but keep the drive belt
08/08/13 at 11:17:47

I'm beginning to put things together for a hardtail project over the winter that would lengthen the wheel base a few inches.  I'd like to set it up to keep the belt drive though.  I'm starting with a 1998 Savage.  Has anyone done or know of someone who has been able to do a true hardtail conversion without converting to chain drive?  Are there any companies that make custom belts or any longer direct replacements?  I'm still in the planning stage so if it isn't really feasible then I'll probably just go the generic weld-on route with the chain conversion.

My first project, by the way, and I'm trying to keep it out of the hands of my local (anti-import, BUY AMERICAN) chopper shop. That's the easy route.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: hard tail/extend wheelbase but keep the drive
Reply #1 - 08/08/13 at 12:05:16

The belt is a Bando, and they do make them in different lengths.  They must be made differently for motorcycles however - as one member contacted the manufacturer and they said the other belts were not durable enough for motorcycle use.

The Kawasaki EN454 adn KZ750 both used Bando belts that are a tad longer than the LS650/S40 belts. but the width and tooth size is the same.  The KZ750 belt is 137 tooth instead of 133 tooth, I don't know how long the EN454 belt is.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:24:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › hard tail/extend wheelbase but keep the drive belt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.