Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Tupperwear Photos
08/08/13 at 07:48:16

I have been looking around a bit for a motorycle that I can attach my wife to the back of.  A Honda ST1100 seems like it might be a good choice as they are comfy looking, readily available, and the used ones appear to be very affordable.

I was looking around and found it funny that they call all the attached bodywork "TUPPERWEAR".

What is handy is that some fellow has made schematics of where the fasteners go, and you can copy these schematics and place your hardware on the prints to keep track of it.  This might be handy if we could do that for the head cover, clutch cover, mag cover, etc.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?73238-ST1300-TupperWare-Worksheet

Dave    

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Tupperwear Photos
Reply #1 - 08/08/13 at 08:14:30

That is cool as all heck!!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 08/08/13 at 10:56:59

Neat idea! Why not take it one step further and use a sheet of the pink foam insulation about 2" thick and inset the shapes so the parts don't roll off?

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/08/13 at 22:37:43

I wish they really did use tupperware,... that ABS plastic wants to break, just looking at it...
They should use rubber... if I'm gonna' ride it... Grin...

If there's one thing I can't handle,... it's a paper mache rocket...
... (actually,.. that's only one of many things I can't handle)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/08/13 at 22:41:53

A piece of cardboard, outline of clutch cover, X-acto knife slot for each bolt.

Works for head covr, even a good time to make a note

This bolt MUST be in before setting head cover.
This bolt is installed upside down.

Little clues,, Any job requires paying attention in disassembly unless its something youve done so many times you know every nut & bolt'

The old dude who did the cam on my 460 did the troubleshooting, (  I had a dead miss & just couldnt figure it out, so, he knew what Id already done) so, he pulled a valve cover,, sure nuff, a cam lobe had lost its lump.. he made a call,, we went to the parts house, he went to his toolsbox & got tools & put them in his rollabout. He started ripping into brackets & hoses & peeling the front of the block, he never went back to his tool box, every bolt that came out was just tossed in the tray. 8 hrs from when I pulled in, tools were put away & we were washing up.. he had done that a few times,, He saved me hundreds & hundreds of dollars.. sure enjoyed hangin with him & helping him when he needed a hand,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 08/09/13 at 09:29:22

Jog, my adopted dad and uncle would classify as "that old guy". They tore down car motors every summer, either one of my dads or my uncles, and they just tossed the stuff in a cardboard box or on a bench and after they put it all back together the only thing left on the bench was usually old gaskets or bearings and such. They were amazing to watch and sometimes I would get to help (mostly just to clean the parts on the bench), which for me was really good, as now I love to tear stuff apart and put it back together......just that I can't remember very good so I use the cardboard traced-out so I remember what goes where.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:33:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tupperwear Photos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.