Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low voltage on coil and no spark (Read 68 times)
Tailgunner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poland
Low voltage on coil and no spark
08/08/13 at 06:00:07

My problem is that i have no spark in my savage. At first it started to loose ignition at full throttle, like the spark was weak, next day i lost it completely. I checked the coil, signal generator and the ignitor - they are ok. I only found that the voltage on coil's primary circuit is low, only 10 volts while on the baterry there is 12.5v. What could be the reason?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Low voltage on coil and no spark
Reply #1 - 08/08/13 at 21:55:16

Loose/corroded connections?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 08/09/13 at 08:16:10

Check the voltage going into black box -- you know the voltage going out of it already.

I hope Justin is right and you have corroded connections -- them black boxes cost too durn much and to test the theory really requires a plug in a known good black box test which you can't do unless you happen to have a spare known good black box lying around.

============

PS  Make sure your battery is fully charged before doing any electrical troubleshooting -- it can screw you up otherwise.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Tailgunner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poland
Reply #3 - 08/09/13 at 13:03:57

What do You mean by black box? If You mean the ignition module then it is 100% working, i put it on the other bike and it run.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/09/13 at 13:24:36

Then take your ohm meter & look at your wiring diagram, look for a wire that has a long run, find each end, isolate ( remove) one end & measure Ohms down the length of that wire. If its not REAL close to zero ohms, start studying down the length of it,
Find youself a good ground on the motor, use an alligator clip on a bolt or something, If you dont have alligator clips that slip on your test leads, you need them, YOu should also have a 3 or so foot long wire with a good clip on it, handy T/shootin stuff.. BUt start testing the wires/connections in the circuit. Easiest place to start is pull the tank, take connectors apart, look in them for signs of corrosion, put them back together,, maybe some kinda dialectric cream, IDK Ive never gone that far,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:14:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Low voltage on coil and no spark

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.