Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Here's Why The Tail Of The Dragon Is Overrated (Read 256 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Here's Why The Tail Of The Dragon Is Overrated
Reply #15 - 08/08/13 at 06:02:03

We have never been on a fall run without killing a half dozen little critters of some sort or another.

PS   Possum are REALLY REALLY stinky gut filled water balloons when you hit them leaned over going around a corner.   Just ride your line, your line will jump over a foot or so before it is over, but lean angle need not change and you will finish the turn OK if you concentrate on riding the line you started and then the line you got after the impact.

Hickory nuts and acorns are constant incidental <bump> jump your line over 4 inches types of things.

We have never hit a skunk yet, nor a bear -- thank goodness for both.

« Last Edit: 08/08/13 at 10:04:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 08/08/13 at 07:00:48

A road I would like to ride is Pikes Peak Highway -- 19 miles from Cascade CO, elevation 7,379 feet, to the top of Pikes Peak at 14,110 feet.

I am not sure I could breathe at 14K feet.

When ?   Smiley

Is there a camp ground or "not to expensive" motel  in the area ?

Anybody in the neighborohood willing to put up with a yard full of Savages ? Grin

Undecided Undecided Undecided    1,223 miles to the Golden Eagle Ranch Campground in the area   Tongue Huh Roll Eyes Shocked  Iron butt ???          The ride home could be heart breaking

Good news is there is discount tickets available to the 25 things to do and see in the area !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 08/08/13 at 08:59:14

MM, I have a trailer, remember?   Fix up a second rail on it and we can put 2 Savages on it within weight limits easily (one faces forward, the other faces backwards so the "handlebar space" can overlap some).

It would be an relatively expensive long trip compared to many we have done with the cost of gas and all.   But doable.  

I think the same trailer idea could play for items a lot closer to home though.  Save that one for after I am retired -- wife might want to go though.

==========

MM, let me drive you plumb crazy bananas with this nugget of info -- plan the trip to hit this date, then compete in it.  

We would compete in the Old Geezers on Oxygen classification, sub-class single cylinder and I bet one of us would win a ribbon or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak_International_Hill_Climb

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 08/08/13 at 09:17:40

Yup, looks like any of ya'll could win with a new "single piston" motorcycle class, if they would allow it. 170 entries, 2 days....hmmm and most of them have indy style vehicles, would be kewl to see a single thumper take a 9 or 10 minute spot. Of course you would have to average 65 miles an hour to do it tho...... how bout a group run? Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 08/08/13 at 10:03:12

You are aware that all real supermotos are single cylinder, right?   We need the special "Old Geezer on Oxygen riding 649cc Single Cylinder bike" class to be created to give us a fair chance to win.

Smiley

We could start immediately after the big Hurleys take off, that will give us something to do (and add some excitement to the race for all the spectators lined up along side the curves).

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #20 - 08/08/13 at 13:19:54

LANCER wrote on 08/08/13 at 05:41:28:
stinger wrote on 08/08/13 at 03:50:52:
I presume none of these rides are in free range country. Nothing like flying around a curve and having a herd of cattle or a horse or two standing in the road.  That will slow you down for sure.

There are animals throughout the area but usually not in the road...USUALLY.      Cheesy    Yeeeeehaaaaaw  .... braking hard and trying to swerve around that large hazard with big brown eyes.    Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've personally come around the bend only to find an animal in my path.  Let off the throttle fast enough and the shotgun blast will scare them away!  Grin

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #21 - 08/09/13 at 23:05:11

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/08/13 at 10:03:12:

You are aware that all real supermotos are single cylinder, right?   We need the special "Old Geezer on Oxygen riding 649cc Single Cylinder bike" class to be created to give us a fair chance to win.

Smiley

We could start immediately after the big Hurleys take off, that will give us something to do (and add some excitement to the race for all the spectators lined up along side the curves).

Roll Eyes
 A lot of the rally races are won on 250 Ninjs's. Gas milage and the size of the fuel tank size really come into play.

« Last Edit: 08/10/13 at 09:30:20 by Midnightrider »  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:40:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Here's Why The Tail Of The Dragon Is Overrated

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.