Replacement o-rings (Read 69 times)
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Replacement o-rings
08/06/13 at 18:01:59

Since I've had my bike, it hasn't had the small o-ring for the oil filter.  I always seem to think about that right AFTER I finish buttoning everything up...  Roll Eyes  I'll be doing my next oil change in the next few days, and I'm considering getting an assorted o-ring kit from my local Autozone.  Assuming I can find one to fit, is there any reason one of these wouldn't work?

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
PhantomII

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa, FL
Re: Replacement o-rings
Reply #1 - 08/07/13 at 06:30:02

I got my assortment kit from Harbor Freight and I haven't had any problems with it.  As long as the o-rings can be used in oil they should work.

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Re: Replacement o-rings
Reply #2 - 08/07/13 at 12:22:36

Did some looking to compare the dimensions of the stock o-ring to the assortment they had at O'Reilly's.  The stock dimensions are 2.4mm thickness, 15.8mm inner diameter.  The assorted individual o-rings were all SAE.  The closest was 3/32 thickness, 5/8 inner diameter.  Translate that to metric, that's a 2.3813mm thickness, and 15.8750mm inner diameter.  I can't imagine a couple of hundredths of a MILLIMETER making a huge difference.

For anyone else who needs this O-ring, it should be #114 at O'Reilly's.  All  said and done, I spent $0.65.  And, YES, it will be fine in the oil.   Wink

::UPDATE::

I just put it on, and it fits just fine.  Nice and tight around the fitting to the filter, and it provides positive pressure when you push the filter against it.  Again, to any of you with PO's who lost an o-ring (because none of US have ever lost them, right?  Roll Eyes )  here is the $0.65 answer.

« Last Edit: 08/07/13 at 14:28:35 by HondaLavis »  

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:28:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement o-rings

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.