Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bought a 2008 Savage this weekend (Read 97 times)
Nailz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bought a 2008 Savage this weekend
08/05/13 at 17:50:18

I knew I was going to get one after selling the 2006 Savage early last week.  I found a 4500 mile 2008 Savage for a good price.  The bike is in excellent condition and has a Boulevard windshield, saddle bags with supports, and a crash bar.  It's red.

I put on a Dyna muffler today and removed the brass plug to get to the mixture screw.  I have a JetSet coming soon, and a Raptor petcock.  It has a flat spot off idle that improves a bit after riding, but I am sure a little jetting will cure that.  Pics coming soon.

This is a great site with lots of great info!!!

I have the saddle bags off for cleaning and carb work.

« Last Edit: 08/06/13 at 14:00:11 by Nailz »  
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Bought a 2008 Savage this weekend
Reply #1 - 08/05/13 at 18:09:00

There is nothing that makes us yawn more than a previous Savage owner-who gets a great price-who knows how to tune his own bike- and has parts on order to make it perfect. We need noobs with a rough '98 model with a Honda mag wheel on front and a Poulan chainsaw engine cobbled on to run a pair of heated gloves. Best of luck anyways.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Nailz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/05/13 at 21:04:56

LOL!!!!

I bought the 2006 for my wife to see if she liked it.  It was a bit rough in appearance but ran great and she loved it.  I did most of my "learnin" on that one.  

It sure is nice to have one with all the parts included at the time of purchase!

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 08/06/13 at 18:40:39

Nailz, I see you have the same muffler I have off a Night Train. Didn't notice it before. Just recommended it on the Rubber Side Down Forum for ease of installation and only turned screw out about a turn. You got a good looking bike.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Nailz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/07/13 at 06:59:24

The muffler is off a 1996 Dyna (according to the E bay description).  It sounds really nice and I used a dremmeled up soup can to make gaskets.  So far so good!

IP Logged
Nailz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/07/13 at 19:04:28

I got the Jetset today and the Raptor petcock. I did the jets and the spacers and installed the petcock.  The bike runs perfect.  No lag at all.  It pulls perfect.  I did drill two 3/8" holes in the Dyna baffle plug to get a bit more flow and sound.  Now the bike runs like it should!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 18:18:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bought a 2008 Savage this weekend

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.