Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Too much fun.. not.. Pine fixing his bike (Read 74 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Too much fun.. not.. Pine fixing his bike
08/03/13 at 14:35:05

So it turns out that after my little dump.. the bike did NOT make it completely unscathed....The left rear turn signal which was just being held on by eletrical tape anyway. got SMUSHED and the left foot peg is dinged and bent back a tad.

Turn signal... well hell mell.. I dug into my parts and grabbed out the one of the pair of front turn signals... it was a boat load of cussing to get that dern chrome trim part off... WTF with that dern allen screw hiden underneath??? It was rusted on there!

Brought the broke and the new/used signals in the house as even Satan couldnt stand the heat and humidity out there today... and I was in the shade! I am not a big beer drinker... but dayhem.. a six pack would have been wonderful.. and thats just poured all over me! So surgery went very well.. straight forward.
Remove the lens screws ( 2) watch for the plastic washers
Remove the rubber lens gasket (to keep safe)
Remove bulb
Remove metal reflector ( it just drops out)
Remove two screws for the small hold-down plate
Use small flat blade screw-driver to pry each side of the rubber bulb socket. This is basically a rubber stopper with a bulb socket in the middle.

Reverse to effect repairs ... viola! the previous front signal is now a rear signal!

Note: Front signal is a three wire  and the wires are short, Rear is a two wire and the wires are longer

Oh gawd... i cannot bring myself to go back out in that heat to re-install the light and trim...

Well off to decide on foot pegs... I do happen to have a spare passenger peg... that might can be made to work. But a nice set of new sexy pegs would be nice.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Too much fun.. not.. Pine fixing his bike
Reply #1 - 08/03/13 at 18:34:05

Wow that went to gether a whole lot easier than it came a part!!!!! Which.. means .. I REALLY really should have should have been more suspecting of something.... got the signal mounted.. got the trim bar back on the bike... stood back to look at my handywork and grab the seat....

SON OF A BEACH

First one to post about my forward facing rear turn signal gets a face full o fist.... dabnabbit

IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #2 - 08/03/13 at 20:07:39

Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/03/13 at 21:37:07

First one to post about my forward facing rear turn signal gets a face full o fist.... dabnabbit

Uhhhh,, Looks like thats YOU..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 08/04/13 at 08:09:02

If it's all just cosmetic, stop by the Loves or similar truck stop north of town on 55 and get some different signals. The stock ones are, um, "bleah" anyway.

Slide the rubber off the foot peg. Hammer the core straight. Slide the rubber back on. Or order a different set of covers, I like the old Triumph/BSA type, they'll slip over the factory core once the chrome end is sawn off. Like so...

Low Brow has the square hole plain covers for $9.95 plus p&H...http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/c105/buy/triumph-specific/

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:27:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Too much fun.. not.. Pine fixing his bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.