Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello Need Key help information (Read 50 times)
s40guy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hello Need Key help information
08/02/13 at 18:13:06

Hello all. I just purchased a 2006 S-40 Suzuki. It did not come with the front fork key, the tool box key, and the gas tank key broke off inside the cylinder. Do you guys know where I can get keys made or what I can do to get keys? There is a 4 digit code on the backside of the toolbox key cylinder but I don't know if the toolbox key is the same as the front fork key or not. I know the Cheap Cycle parts website has the lock and looks like comes with keys but I am not sure. The front fork lock is the one I would like to get so I can lock the front forks. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, S40 Guy.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hello Need Key help information
Reply #1 - 08/02/13 at 18:16:53

fork lock has a different key and every thing else should be the same key.

I'd take the key out of the gas cap and get one made.

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 08/02/13 at 18:25:20

Unfortunately, my tool kit was different and I had to go to a lock smith.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
s40guy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/02/13 at 18:28:33

The gas cap has the top portion missing so it is not worth it I think to do anything with it. So what makes sense to me is that when the key broke off in the tank, they must have gotten a new replacement ignition key with new keys. That would answer why the ignition key is not even close to the toolbox lock. My tool box only has a cover on it. When you line up the two little tangs at the to, it seems like there is a gap at the front . The battery is right behind my cover. Are there pieces missing that I can get or am I missing something,. thank you for your help. Always good to ask questions from the people who have owned these for a while. Thanks, S40 Guy.

IP Logged
s40guy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/02/13 at 18:31:48

I have another question. the bike has about 7,000 miles on it. I read about the Cam chain noise issue with a lot of the S40's. This one is very quite all the way around. Any advice on what to look for or average life expectancy from the stock Cam chain tensioner and chain? Are they hard to replace? Do you need to replace chain and tensioner at same time? Thank you for your help. S40 Guy

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 08/02/13 at 18:35:53

I'm not sure about the possible damage to your gas tank cover.  My tool box cover key was always different.  Mine is an 06?  The lock smith I went to was well acquainted with motorcycle keys and had a key in about 15 minutes and $45 later.

IP Logged
s40guy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/02/13 at 18:41:11

Thanks, I have an e-mail into Nike bandit and Cheap Cycle parts to see if the replacement lock on their site comes with keys. The cist is around $37.00 so I may go that route. I also have one in about the replacement gas cap to see if that comes with keys and if it does I may go that route as well. I thought all the keys would be the same except the front fork lock. I might have to call a locksmith for that one. The front of my fork lock cylinder seems to be sticking out a bit from the holder. Is this normal or are they supposed to be flush? Kind of worried a little on that one. Thanks.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 08/02/13 at 18:52:12

I think mine is flush but, I'm not certain.  I never worried to much about that; although, I live in the country and it is not a big concern.  If you really wanted to secure it I would buy a more secure lock.  You can probably open that up with a screw driver.  CCP has significantly better pricing but, their delivery time is a lot longer than the others.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:31:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hello Need Key help information

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.