Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ever own a honda 250 rebel? fuel/air problem here (Read 54 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
ever own a honda 250 rebel? fuel/air problem here
08/02/13 at 14:18:23

Trying to get the wifes little 250 running in top shape for sale, its having throttle issues.
Its been ridden every week but just around the neighborhood to keep oil on parts, never tried to open it up top speed till this past weekend.
Dang thing is bogging mid throttle, happened once or twice on the wife couple  months back but I couldn't get it to reproduce the problem, ....until this past weekend.
I've checked the petcock flow (clean and fast), the carb bowl (clean and fast), I am looking dumbfounded at a rubber tube that runs across the top of the carb and ends under tank...cut off at a 45% angle, i'm thinking it is supposed to be a crank vac since it goes all the way to the bottom back of the engine and I can't see it going into the case ( I plugged it just for kicks)
After removing the air box cover, the air filter, and plugging the unknown tube, dang thing runs better! filter smells kinda fuel soaked but is dry, and has a vac tube attached to it.
Well anyway with everything attached stock it won't accelerate very well at all, matter of fact I could outrun it with my busted back! but when I plug the mysterious line and remove air filter and cover it will go up to 76mph! and fairly quickly with minimal mid range bog.
Thanks fer helpin' or hagglin' ....i'm just lost and throwin' it all out there.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Re: ever own a honda 250 rebel? fuel/air problem h
Reply #1 - 08/02/13 at 18:31:08

My Girlfriend has a 2002 rebel 250, and a Clymer for it,  Ill look into it for you and see if i can give you any help, not really sure if i can though.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 08/02/13 at 20:12:28

OldRider

That tube wouldn't be the vent for the top of the carb bowl  would it ?  It probley should go to the breather box instead of venting to the outside .    As in ; "let air out , so gas can come in" ?
Just guessing ... Huh

I just sold my Suzuki GN125 to a young feller for his first street bike ... he'll be ready for a bigger machine shortly.     You ready to pay somebody to take that "truble making machine" off your hands yet !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 08/03/13 at 00:07:43

Nope, not a vent for the carb...it just goes across the carb top thru a bracket. I starts somewhere down below the gearcase, I just can't figure why if its a vent line that it starts down there and goes up 12" and vents under the tank, weird, i'm gonna have to look for a manual online.

I've asked the question on a Honda rebel site, but all they keep saying is the primary is clogged. If the primary is clogged, no fuel, then why can I remove the air filter and cover, block that mysterious line and it runs like a new bike?

Guy at my favorite bar thinks there is a clogged vent line somewhere, so i'm going online to see if I can find a chart with all the vent lines tomorrow, its late know and I should be in bed....should be.....dang pool playing habit!  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:22:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › ever own a honda 250 rebel? fuel/air problem here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.