Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why FOX is a JOKE!!!!!! (Read 156 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Why FOX is a JOKE!!!!!!
08/01/13 at 15:27:11

Here on TT we go back and forth on sources... one source Fox News has been one I have given up on a LONG time ago. And the funny thing is.. at the time it had nothing to do with politics!

So here is an example of how FOX is an ENTERAINMENT station and NOTHING more:

Here is the Fox "news spot"

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2574677452001/073013sun1101/

Now, the next Youtube vid is a channel I have been watching for over a year... the guy is NOT a scientist, but he is very good getting info from the web ( mostly NASA) and putting in laymens terms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhxNE2b6Gs

I highly recommend spending 3 minutes each morning to hear REAL news, if you like such stuff (I didn't know I did till I tried it).

When watching the "news" always remember.. they NEED ratings .. they NEED drama... if it doesn't exist.. then they WILL make it up!!!!!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Why FOX is a JOKE!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 08/01/13 at 16:14:25

Grin Grin Grin Announcer: "My energy from space series.....:

So he's pitching his own show.

I do get what you are saying but I think you need to think of the audience, the time allowed and the content.

I watched both, and the FOX News version was for general public consumption who, judging by the quality of public education these days, can probably handle the Fox version. My personal bias is that people who watch Fox regularly are smarter than those that exclusively watch other networks. Let the flames begin!!

If it wasn't for the sarcasm, self-promotion and taking the Fox segment out of context I would have really liked the youtube guy. As it is, I like the youtube guy's presentation more because I am really into space science and could watch that stuff for an hour. Fox doesn't have an hour to "go nerd" so we are let with jerk youtube guy.

Fox News isn't the Discovery channel and isn't tryng to be. I think you may be a bit hard on them in this situation.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/01/13 at 16:19:07

Good find, good points on Faux News. Of course, one should never forget that Fox NEWS, which in the minds of the masses sends a message
'We are here to locate the stories that matter & bring you up to the minute, accurate info" But nothng could be further from the truth, since Fox actually went to court & proved they had the right to LIE, not be safe from prosecution for being wrong, but to be able to tell their audience LIES, whole cloth, 100% manufactured loads of BS & SELL it as IF it were actually fact. Watch ANY "news station" at your own peril. They are all protected by the same RIDICULOUS ruling,
Yea, they have a first amendment, so does my doctor,, you think he should be allowed to lie to you, your lawyer? Yea, youre paying them personally & individually, but the media gets its money from sponsors & those sponsors PAY according to the number in the audience.. So, I guess that means Bring on the Barnum & Bailey Circus! We need LOTS of people watching!

I wonder why no one tries to build their audience by being honest, dependable & having a good batting average?
OHHH, well.,. IF anyone Did go to minute 50 & watch 8 minutes, theyd KNOW that answer

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 08/01/13 at 21:04:00

The local news is an insult to any intelligent person. I get most of my info off of talk shows and the internet and friends who email me keeping me informed and of course this forum. I like to hear both sides and I can get it right here. That's why I want to be civil to everyone here, I may not agree with what you say but I still want to hear it. I've learned more listening to both sides than I have listening to one news show every night.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/02/13 at 07:52:09

Fox News is no different than any other news organization. They slant right, the others slant left. The only reason they exist is because every other outfit was exactly the same.

If fox went to court, (and I don't know the details) you can be sure every other network was cheering them on.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/02/13 at 07:57:15

Besides, I'm sitting in a hotel lobby watch CNN and its a joke of a "news" station so anyone griping about Fox needs some perspective.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 08/03/13 at 14:01:33

Faux brainwashing is anything but a joke.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #7 - 08/05/13 at 07:40:09

Midnightrider wrote on 08/03/13 at 14:01:33:

I'm not quite sure how one Network filling a niche that the other networks refuse to fill is considered brainwashing. Now, if you were to refer to the collusion that the rest of the media engages in to ensure a specific liberal narrative is shouted above all else regardless of the truth then there is your brainwashing. So many brains scrubbed free of Benghazi and Fast & Furious and Gosnel and all the rest.

« Last Edit: 08/05/13 at 16:48:34 by Dane Allen »  

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 08/05/13 at 09:40:05

Dane Allen wrote on 08/05/13 at 07:40:09:
Midnightrider wrote on 08/03/13 at 14:01:33:

I'm not quite sure how one Network filling a niche that the other networks refuse to fill is considered brainwashing. Now, if you were to refer to the collusion that the rest of the media engages in to ensure a specific liberal narrative is shouted above all else regardless of the truth then there is your brainwashing. So many brains scrubbed free of Benghazi and Fat&Furiousj and Gosnel and all the rest.

I do concede that other networks are as bad or worse.  But that's not really the point I was making. ( for instance MSNBC had a completely horrid report on MN versus the USA) and how wonderful MN is as a Democratic state.
What-ever...

What gets me about Fox.. is they preface everything with " we are fair, we are unbiased" ... and then go forward with terrible terrible reporting.. that would make my otherwise defendable position look at as bad as... the Enquirer... and whats worse it doesn't even have to be politics.. this was weather... or "spaceweather" ... Why the heck mis-report that? Why prove your nothing but an entertainment outlet versus a NEWS outlet by spewing such crap.

As to the Suspecious0bserver being self-promoting and "jerk" .. indeed .. but no less so than I have seen many posts here in the Rubberside  forum. When folks come in there asking for help but not offering any functional starting point ... they can get razzed HARD. Same with the spaceweather topic... you put a "scientist" on TV  to spout a bunch of crap... your gonna get called out. The S0 response vid, has to take into account the YOUTUBE audience... not the TV audience.  TV folks enjoy the fact they can broadcast crap and its a one way street... Youtube channels have a comments section.. which gets as rough or more so than TT. Here in TT and there in Youtube.. there has to be  a certain thickness... or your not going to last long. Not to mention that S0 himself got called out for NOT reporting the same thing (Fox was not the only entertainer to do so) So the vid, was defensive as well as offensive.  I think that added to the "attitude" S0 put out.

Again though... all that is just opinion... or perspective... what isn't opinion is that Fox.. did a BAD "dog and pony"  on a topic that was done for entertainment effect ONLY. They do this continually and with every topic... politics, weather, science, you name it... the number one rule is to take the "topic of the day", add lots of drama.. and spew it as fact or news.. The facts be dammed.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/05/13 at 10:01:39

I do concede that other networks are as bad or worse

So other networks are worse, but Fox gets your special attention because of their marketing slogan, fair and balanced, or we report you decide?....

Not as catchy as Uncle Walter's and that's the way it is.....

Agreed,all major news report predictable fluff pieces. (Just can't wait for that next all important Groundhog Day report....) but Fox stood alone in the beginning on Fast and Furious, on Climategate, on Bengazi and pushed IRS snooping stories which broke further into the NSA stories.

Fox leans right and acts as a counter to every other network. Rush Limbaugh's success with his show paved the way for Fox to start up and begin to cover stories or add important details the others were leaving out.

W

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 08/05/13 at 11:32:01

WebsterMark wrote on 08/05/13 at 10:01:39:
I do concede that other networks are as bad or worse

So other networks are worse, but Fox gets your special attention because of their marketing slogan, fair and balanced, or we report you decide?....

Not as catchy as Uncle Walter's and that's the way it is.....

Agreed,all major news report predictable fluff pieces. (Just can't wait for that next all important Groundhog Day report....) but Fox stood alone in the beginning on Fast and Furious, on Climategate, on Bengazi and pushed IRS snooping stories which broke further into the NSA stories.

Fox leans right and acts as a counter to every other network. Rush Limbaugh's success with his show paved the way for Fox to start up and begin to cover stories or add important details the others were leaving out.

W

That's a part of it... I guess the main reason for my ire...
1) my need and hope for someone that could deliver on there promise
2) their complete utter failure as a reliable news source, which in turn getsd used aginst my position just I can use other "news" source against some other position. Its like saying your my friend and then doing the rabbit ears behind my back...

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #11 - 08/08/13 at 10:27:38

It is far worse elsewhere - probably why Srinath doesn't like Asscciated Press:

What Obama said:

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT: I don't know. As you know, for the last three years, I’ve said, let’s work together. Let’s find a financing mechanism and let’s go ahead and fix our bridges, fix our roads, sewer systems, our ports. The Panama is being widened so that these big supertankers can come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah, Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida — if we don't do that, those ships are going to go someplace else. And we’ll lose jobs. Businesses won’t locate here.

What AP reported:

Quote:
"If we don't deepen our ports all along the Gulf — (and in) places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. — if we don't do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we'll lose jobs," Obama said.

Committing actual fraud to prop up a narcissistic fool is far worse, in my opinion, than dumming down science for a splashy segment. And they MSM does this all the time.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/08/07/aps-russ-bynum-covers-obam...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 08/12/13 at 14:36:20

Right wingers need a place to hang out and Fox serves their purpose.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 08/12/13 at 15:02:11

Midnightrider wrote on 08/12/13 at 14:36:20:

oh gaw....

there ya go.. I just got booted from the right-wingers club... well sri now what I do??

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 08/12/13 at 15:34:57

Pine wrote on 08/12/13 at 15:02:11:
Midnightrider wrote on 08/12/13 at 14:36:20:

oh gaw....

there ya go.. I just got booted from the right-wingers club... well sri now what I do??

You put 2 legs in a fire ....  Grin ... always I have 2 legs in a fire @ all times.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 19:32:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why FOX is a JOKE!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.