Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Welcome to Afghanistan... (Read 219 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Welcome to Afghanistan...
Reply #15 - 07/31/13 at 22:59:43

..the Constitution has been amended more than 20 times.

Are you counting the first 10?

After the first 10, the Bill of Rights, the amendments have not all been good, just that it was changed doesnt mean it was improved,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 07/31/13 at 23:20:05

..(Dang!... just wrote a whole long response on my netbook and it disappeared)!... Hate that...

Anyway,... Midnight. I fully understand... I've always been a littleshit...  I can't take down a 300lb steroid case,.. furthermore one with a gun...
... but, the question is,.. in the bigger picture...
Is this making the country better?... is this making a better place for our grandchildren?...
Is this the country I want?...

As I said,... I have 9 guns... I don't know how or why...
Maybe it was part of the learning curve...
Maybe it was the mechanical precision...
... I don't need 9 guns.... I just have them...
If I were pressed,.. I'd say I need 2...
1 to defend the home,.. a big plugger....
... and 1 to plink... a little plugger...
... but I have 9...
I am nearly outraged at myself...

I love to plink... I'm a decent shot...
I''m not a lefty, pinko, gun hater...
I have 9!...

I just think that this, "All or nothing", "pry it from cold dead hand", it's the Constitution or nothing", rhetoric,... is more about fear than common sense...
We don't want every driveway to hold a tank,... we don't want full auto weapons in 7-11... we don't want hand grenades lobbed at tailgaters...
Where is the reasonable line?...
We don't want 50+ people shot at the movie show, or 20+ children in a school...

I would volunteer to die today to stop this... I'm not afraid for myself...
I'd just like to see the direction go to less than more...
If I didn't feel the need, I wouldn't have the need...
It's not my need to feel safe,.. it's the fact that I now feel unsafe...
You wouldn't feel this way,.. if you weren't in this circumstance...
We need to fix the circumstance,.. not perpetuate it...

I'm burn't out... just ramblin' now...
Sorry,... all fired up, too tired to to be coherent...

PS,.. Midnight,.. I know you to be a good man...
I know you wouldn't hurt anyone without just cause...
You don't need to defend yourself on that front...

Peace,
Serow...

PS,..JOG,... not sayin' for good or bad... just sayin' it can happen.... it ain't writ in stone...
If the people will it, it will happen...
Even words writ in stone have been changed...
This is an elected democracy,.. if you stand too steadfast against it, you will loose...
The nobler cause, is to stand for a better country...
One where your children will be safe without you...
Don't expect a 5 yr old granddaughter to grow balls...
This future is not looking pretty....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/31/13 at 23:22:26

I am nearly outraged at myself.

I would happily eliminate 7/9ths of your outrage with yourself.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 07/31/13 at 23:29:11

Sure...  Grin...

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #19 - 08/01/13 at 00:10:48

Bot I think we need to bring home our National Guard from Afghanistan and let the crazy religious bastards destroy themselves. Our nation needs protection from the inside from the Black and Latinio gangs. 85% of murders are committed by minorities and if it wasn't for that we would live in one of the safest countries in the world. Color never has mattered to me but if you're a minority criminal in a gang you need to be stopped. If they take my guns or your guns away the gangs will still have guns.You cant solve the problem by harassing the innocent. I don't think there's a real answer that will please everybody but do away with the DEA and put them and the National guard busy getting the gangs off the street. 20 years ago I would never have thought about carrying a gun but times have changed and stopping the guilty to me is a better solution than trying to take my guns away. Taking my guns away will do absolutely nothing to correct the problem. There will always be psychopaths like the one at New Haven, kills his mother to get a gun and murders 26 people but remember he stole the gun to kill those kids with. He committed murder to get a gun. That's gonna happen from time to time but we just have to deal with it as it happens. Putting a National Gaurdsman on the elementary schools wouldn't cost anything becaue they get a paycheck whether their working or not. Evil is growing and you cant stop it by harassing innocent people. Bot your or my guns aren't hurting anyone, one day they might have to but until that day comes why harass us? Because its easier than going after the real criminals. To me its insanity to punish the law abiding citizens and let the criminals have their way.The List of gangs Star wrote about in LA is a pure outrage and we have law enforcement doing nothing about it. If there were a sane militia (not a bunch of crazy hotheads) I would join. I think peace on our streets is worth dying for, evidently the cops don't.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/01/13 at 05:43:56

Chicago gun killings have been in the news a lot lately (not enough in my opinion) and while higher than many cities, their statistics are not all that different than St. Louis. The 800 lb gorilla in the room no one wants to talk about is if you remove murders among African Americans, just from looking at the numbers, you'd say there was no gun problem in the us. When you hear it said, "oh my God, 500 were murdered in Chicago last year, it's like the Wild West I'm not going there for fear I'll be killed" the reality is, unless you're a black male between the ages of 18 - 24 and dealing in drugs or hanging out in those neighborhoods, you're not in danger. I have no fear of you Sew having 9 guns nor of Midnight with his or me with 4, but I do worry about the inner city kid with no education, no family upbringing, no culture around him that abhors violence and roll models like Jay-z who are pieces of sh!t. Them, I worry about. Look at the numbers, guns are a serious problem in one demographic and one demographic only. Columbine, Tucson and Sandy Hook shootings are far and few apart and no gun law is going to stop those.

I have normal fear of being shot in my neighborhood.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/01/13 at 06:05:21

Seriously? It's not a machine gun and as far as I know Arizona allows open carry.
What's the darned deal?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 08/01/13 at 07:42:45

WebsterMark wrote on 08/01/13 at 05:43:56:
Chicago gun killings have been in the news a lot lately (not enough in my opinion) and while higher than many cities, their statistics are not all that different than St. Louis. The 800 lb gorilla in the room no one wants to talk about is if you remove murders among African Americans, just from looking at the numbers, you'd say there was no gun problem in the us. When you hear it said, "oh my God, 500 were murdered in Chicago last year, it's like the Wild West I'm not going there for fear I'll be killed" the reality is, unless you're a black male between the ages of 18 - 24 and dealing in drugs or hanging out in those neighborhoods, you're not in danger.

Yea the classic, they are killed for their own good, or for society's good, or something like that.

Paraquat wrote on 08/01/13 at 06:05:21:
Seriously? It's not a machine gun and as far as I know Arizona allows open carry.
What's the darned deal?

--Steve

True ... the only thing I'd have liked to see was a complete background check and a full on registration @ every sale public/private/gun show/gun store ... so the person that is holding the weapon has no criminal tendency ... till that happens I have every reason to fear the chicken sheiote paranoid crackhead (could be) that may be holding that weapon.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 08/01/13 at 07:56:16

That's not what I said or what I mean.
I'm not engaging you on this Sri.

I would not like to get  on a bus either and see a guy with an AR-15.

I would like to find more about this. First off, did it really happen? I recall a few years ago a black Missouri congressman said he was spit on and called names as he walked thru a tea-party crowd, but unknown to him, cameras followed him and showed that didn't happen.

I'm a little suspicious it really happened.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 08/01/13 at 08:03:07

Yes, it is a real occurrence...
It's all over the local news here...
http://warpony2310.blogspot.com/2013/06/tucson-az-wild-wild-west-man-with-ar-...

...enlarged...

IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #25 - 08/01/13 at 08:28:15

maybe he is being ever vigilant. maybe their were criminals around and he was protecting the people on the bus. i do see the punisher bag. superhero yeah.  Wink
seriously though, he didnt hurt anybody. just ridding the bus. i like carrying guns and he wouldnt have bothered me in the least bit. then again im not afraid of everything. just do what the libs tell us to do with gays. if you dont like it just dont look at it.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/01/13 at 08:39:30

thank you, that answers one question.

For the record, I do not want to see that on a bus. Then again, what kind of neighborhood is the bus in? Is it in a high crime neighborhood? Who is this guy? Was he making a point about gun rights or is he a freaking lunatic?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/01/13 at 08:44:27

However, another thought comes to mind. Freedom of speech is the cause of many difficult situations that we have to confront like Nazi or Black Panther parades for example. We don't toss out the baby with the bathwater.

Do I have to accept this guy on a bus because, in the  bigger picture, this is two sides of the same coin? My freedom to protect myself as I see fit allows for this guy to express himself as he sees fit.

We allow the danger of Nazis and Black Panthers spewing hate speech because we say this is the price of freedom and the price of the 1st amendment. Do we / shouldn't we make similar allowances for the 2nd amendment?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 08/01/13 at 09:05:52

Bad neighborhood?...
This is Tucson,... not Beirut... we don't have neighborhoods that bad...
It ain't Mayberry, but, it ain't Beirut...

I wish the guy next to him had bashed his punk head in, and took that rifle away...  I bet he was ready to at the slightest provocation...

This looks like another psychoboy in the making to me...
On the good side,.. you can bet he's now being watched and investigated by some anti-terror task force or something...

In another local incident,.. an off duty cop started waving his gun around in a store...
He's fired... I hope they keep an eye on him too...
Too many frikken nuts with guns around here...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/01/13 at 09:13:34

Okay, fair enough, but what about the other points?

Do I have to accept this guy on a bus because, in the  bigger picture, this is two sides of the same coin? My freedom to protect myself as I see fit allows for this guy to express himself as he sees fit.

We allow the danger of Nazis and Black Panthers spewing hate speech because we say this is the price of freedom and the price of the 1st amendment. Do we / shouldn't we make similar allowances for the 2nd amendment?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:31:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Welcome to Afghanistan...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.