Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yay!! Door-to-Door 2nd Ammendement Revokation (Read 75 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Yay!! Door-to-Door 2nd Ammendement Revokation
07/28/13 at 22:33:02

http://www.suntimes.com/21526485-761/cook-county-sheriffs-team-taking-guns-if...

If your "Ok, you can have a gun for a little while" card expires then the Sherriff and their freshly painted (Citizen Appreciation Green) APC will show up to "Serve and Protect" your family much like the Nazis helped out the Jews in the early 40's.

On a side note, what is your guess for time we have left until full dictatorship?

I wonder if our gulags will be in North Dakota or down in South Texas...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Yay!! Door-to-Door 2nd Ammendement Revokation
Reply #1 - 07/28/13 at 22:48:26

In Full:

A new Cook County Sheriff’s team is crisscrossing the suburbs to seize guns from thousands of people whose Firearm Owner’s Identification Cards have been revoked.

More than 3,000 people in Cook County have failed to surrender their revoked FOID cards to the state. Sheriff Tom Dart said he thinks many of them continue to possess firearms.

The Chicago Police Department conducts regular missions to recover revoked FOID cards and seize guns from the holders, but there wasn’t a concerted effort to do that in Cook County’s suburbs, Dart said.

“The system is broken,” the sheriff said. “The system revokes cards, but the guns are of no consequence. . . . Our strong hope is that we will eliminate tragedies.” (Edit:Such as citizens having rights and such)

FOID cards are supposed to protect the public from dangerous people. Mental illness, felonies and protection orders are grounds for the state to revoke the cards from their holders. It’s illegal to buy guns or ammunition without one.

In February, Dart assigned a sergeant and four investigators to a gun team that has recovered about 160 FOID cards and taken more than 160 guns from the cardholders.(Edit:Just like the Constitution says and the Founders wanted...wait, what?)

In one case, the team recovered more than 35 firearms, including four AR-15 assault rifles, from a suicidal man whose card was revoked. (Edit:Sure he was, because the cops say so)

People with revoked FOID cards can’t buy guns from federally licensed firearms dealers. For any gun sale, a store must conduct a background check that will uncover a FOID revocation.

But background checks aren’t required for ammunition. Someone buying bullets must simply show a FOID card. A person with a revoked card probably would still be able to buy bullets because the salesperson wouldn’t know it was revoked, Dart said.

The sheriff said the bigger problem is that most revoked FOID card holders continue to possess guns. Dart said he persuaded the General Assembly to include new language in the FOID law that would allow sheriffs and municipal police to obtain search warrants to look for guns in the homes of people with revoked FOID cards. Dart called the provision a “hammer” for police to wield when investigators suspect people with revoked cards have guns — but the people insist they don’t. (Edit:Just what cops need to use against citizens, a hammer)

Sheriff’s investigators learn from the State Police whether someone with a revoked FOID card was ever approved to buy a gun after going through a background check at a gun store.

If the answer is yes, sheriff’s investigators ask the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for any records of the store selling a firearm to the person.

Every week, the State Police alert the sheriff’s gun team of about 10 to 20 new revocations in Cook County. The investigators conduct a basic inquiry into the gun purchasing histories of the people they intend to contact. Then they knock on their doors.

On Tuesday, Sgt. Chris Imhof, the team supervisor, and investigator Adrian Sandoval hunted for a dozen people whose FOID cards were revoked. At many addresses, no one answered the door. Other times, a mother or grandmother came to the door and said her son or grandson wasn’t home. Many of the women were cooperative, and in some cases they were able to call the cardholder and arrange a time to surrender it.

But a woman in Calumet Park, whose son’s FOID card was revoked because of a drug case, told the officers he wasn’t home and he didn’t have a gun because she threw it into the lake. “I explained to her that’s not the way to do things,” Sandoval said, adding that he found her story questionable. (Edit:Then he beat her with the hammer)

The officers then met a 31-year-old woman at a McDonald’s in Calumet Park and she handed over her FOID card. The woman, whose card also was revoked because of a drug case, had arranged to meet the officers after they went to her mother’s house and she wasn’t there.

They finished in Lyons, where a 43-year-old truck driver handed over a FOID card and a duplicate card with a different address — along with ammunition and the barrel of a 9mm pistol. The driver took the day off to meet the officers after they visited his house the day before and he wasn’t there.

The officers’ final tally for the day: three recovered FOID cards but no guns. They had visited 10 addresses where their targets weren’t even home. It showed just how time-consuming the work can be.

What makes the job rewarding, though, is when the team removes guns from a home where family members are scared of the FOID cardholder, Sandoval said. “We’ve had people say, ‘Thank you, I didn’t want these guns here anymore,’ ” he said. Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 07/28/13 at 23:20:01

I have several used guns that aren't registered and that's the way I plan buying them from now on. If someone shows up at my door and tries to take my guns someone is gonna get hurt, probably me but their are things worth dying for. Constitution rights is one of them. Its proven time and time again gun free cities and zones have the highest crime rate.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 07/29/13 at 00:03:27

Is their anything left in this country to be proud of except the blue collar hardworking middle class and guys like Jerry who  worked hard and honestly to make a good living and he deserves everything he's got.. We have a president who is a racist and promised to make things better but the biggest thing he's done is try to take away our constitutional rights. The Washington ratings are the lowest I've seen in my lifetime. The congressmen do nothing and become multi millionaires when they leave office. The whole country is going to end up like Detroit before long. No one man or Congress can straighten out the mess Washington has got us into. The voters are higly misinformed or plain stupid and put perverts and known liars back in gov and Congress. Obama promised to work on our infrastructure. Any one seen any work done on that? We need someone to stand up to these foreign countries who are begging money off of us and tell them the piggybank is empty. We need less military and put those guys to work on the infrastructure. We need to send the national guard in and bust up these city gangs and make it safe for people to walk the streets again. Our terrorist are here, not in the middle east. I love my family and friends. but I hate the crooked local goverments and Washington. Just cant find much to be proud of this country anymore except some of the hard working people who are constantly getting screwed by their employers and Washington.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/29/13 at 02:50:45

SO,, Just as Ive always believed,, They DO keep the records..

If the answer is yes, sheriff’s investigators ask the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for any records of the store selling a firearm to the person.

Every week, the State Police alert the sheriff’s gun team of about 10 to 20 new revocations in Cook County. The investigators conduct a basic inquiry into the gun purchasing histories of the people they intend to contact. Then they knock on their doors.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/29/13 at 06:16:26

This isn't unjustified revocation. You need to have a valid firearm permit to possess firearms in that state.
It's not a blanket confiscation.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 07/29/13 at 06:49:09

Paraquat wrote on 07/29/13 at 06:16:26:
This isn't unjustified revocation. You need to have a valid firearm permit to possess firearms in that state.

--Steve

I don't think that was the point from above. The point is... once a system is in place to register firearms, confiscation can and will occur.

When things are good... yes you need to have a valid permit and maintain your status relative to the permit.

When things are bad... the state can decide what a valid permit means and can change that at any time.  "maybe they decide (down the road) that owning a motorcycle is causes for revocation... who said it had to make sense?? no one! Now we confiscate your gun, because you no longer meet the status.

This is the "slippery slope" that gun rights folks refer to. Lawmakers NEVER agree to close in the law on their own. They want it open for the future so they can reel in some new "security threat".

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 07/29/13 at 07:12:56

--Steve

And the only people that they will "revoke" it from is non criminals ...
Worthless idea ...
Keep records, keep rifling data, and when bullets turn up @ a crime scene, arrest the fool who's on record ... Atleast you're putting a trafficker in jail.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 07/29/13 at 14:23:01

--Steve

It's the creation of a "false" law for you to break as an excuse to kick down your door. This is where we law abiding citizens get hung up, they make crooked laws that can't be followed, we miss one or more and then that is all they need to strip us of our rights.

Do I need a card to be Catholic? And when my card expires then I am automatically guilty of illegal association with a religious organization?

Do I need a card to invoke my freedom against unreasonable search and seizure and when it expires then the gov't can search and seize at will?

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #9 - 07/29/13 at 14:24:24

Pine wrote on 07/29/13 at 06:49:09:

--Steve

I don't think that was the point from above. The point is... once a system is in place to register firearms, confiscation can and will occur.

When things are good... yes you need to have a valid permit and maintain your status relative to the permit.

When things are bad... the state can decide what a valid permit means and can change that at any time.  "maybe they decide (down the road) that owning a motorcycle is causes for revocation... who said it had to make sense?? no one! Now we confiscate your gun, because you no longer meet the status.

This is the "slippery slope" that gun rights folks refer to. Lawmakers NEVER agree to close in the law on their own. They want it open for the future so they can reel in some new "security threat".  

BINGO!!!

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/29/13 at 19:16:40

I see now, Pine, where that could go.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 07/30/13 at 07:24:14

Dane Allen wrote on 07/29/13 at 14:24:24:
Pine wrote on 07/29/13 at 06:49:09:

--Steve

BINGO!!!

If its registered, then every sale should be ... its a slippery slope to getting all the guns tied to people that are holding them. Yea .. slippery slope alright, the second amendment guarantees guns should be given to criminals without question or any reason to put their name to it ever ...

However, there is a huge hole in the registration net ... called south carolina.

Only if its enforced nationwide, it will have any use.

Else we are only registering guns owned by law abiding citizens, then when confication begins, it will start there ... Unless they decide to start from where there is no registration ... you have registered, they give you a decal, they can them target the ones not having that decal.
BTW the fools are too chicken shiete to ever go after the real criminals.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 07/30/13 at 08:01:56

"BTW the fools are too chicken shiete to ever go after the real criminals."   +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 16:02:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yay!! Door-to-Door 2nd Ammendement Revokation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.