Send Topic Print
Lets try this (Read 117 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Lets try this
Reply #15 - 07/26/13 at 19:51:05

Web I've fished out of a kayak for trout and smallmouths. You're right, its fun. Theres a lake in Virginia called Philpott. Its in the mountains north of Matinsville Its full of smallmouths. I take my Lund BassBoat when I go up there and I usually camp. I save one or two to eat. The fish that come out of clean water taste so much better. Eating smallmouth that come out of clean water is almost a delicacy for me.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 07/28/13 at 13:51:30

Web if you ever get a chance to come to NC and take a few days off. I'll take you to Philpott. I have nice tent and theres tent campsites right on the water. Start fishing at daylight and the smallmouth are jumping out of the water. Use a 2" white roostertail and you can slay em. I troll in the middle of the day. The lake is overloaded with shad,thats why there's so many fish. I find a shool of shad and I've had 3 rods going off at the same time. Late in the evening they come to the top again and its time to tie on the roostertail. Camping on the water is nice because I anchor my boat right in front of the campsite. Don't have to worry about taking it in and out everyday. The invitation goes out to any of you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 07/28/13 at 16:05:16

Same here Midnight, my pond is in dire need of being fished. No charge, no license needed, only carp and turtles get returned to the water. It's only 2 acres, but there are some huge fish in there.

New dock deck and rails started today. Give me a week or two and then show up.

I'll even extend an invite for hunting season, we have land in 2 counties, one section (50+ acres) is like last year, 3 doe per day, the other (2.53 acres) was upped from 1 per day to 4 doe per day...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 20:18:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lets try this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.