Which Handgun? (Read 653 times)
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Which Handgun?
Reply #30 - 07/23/13 at 18:06:06

My Father-in-law has a WW1 Luger with the original wooden bottom spring loaded clips that we shoot once in a while when we go shooting, original springs almost 100 years old and they push that ammo just as good as my 2 year old Ruger SR9c (shrugs his shoulders)

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #31 - 07/23/13 at 20:06:57

Pine wrote on 07/23/13 at 07:28:06:
I have purchased a .357 ( which also shoots .38s) for each member of my family.

If I call you daddy do I get a gun.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 07/24/13 at 03:38:39

I usually carry a 38 police special or my favorite pistol, a 22 LR 6 shot that is small but makes lots of noise. Both are small but deadly. It's only 1 inch to your heart.  I do not think I would want to face some thug carrying a big knife with wasp or pepper spray. Even the police sometimes fail to stop a thug with pepper spray or tazer's. Especially if they are super high on meth. I was told by the police that  a gun that is not loaded is not a weapon. Unless you plan on just throwing it at them. Carry the clip in the gun and your OK, Have one in the chamber and it's a different story.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #33 - 07/24/13 at 12:14:29

stinger wrote on 07/24/13 at 03:38:39:
I usually carry a 38 police special or my favorite pistol, a 22 LR 6 shot that is small but makes lots of noise. Both are small but deadly. It's only 1 inch to your heart.  I do not think I would want to face some thug carrying a big knife with wasp or pepper spray. Even the police sometimes fail to stop a thug with pepper spray or tazer's. Especially if they are super high on meth. I was told by the police that  a gun that is not loaded is not a weapon. Unless you plan on just throwing it at them. Carry the clip in the gun and your OK, Have one in the chamber and it's a different story.

If it does not have a round in the chamber you might as well leave it at home. I don't know of any bad guys that are willing to wait while you get ready.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #34 - 07/24/13 at 12:36:19

Dj12midnit wrote on 07/24/13 at 12:14:29:
stinger wrote on 07/24/13 at 03:38:39:

If it does not have a round in the chamber you might as well leave it at home. I don't know of any bad guys that are willing to wait while you get ready.

When I took my concealed carry class, our instructor said that only in the movies do they cycle the slide on the pistol or pump the shotgun....in real life you need to have a round in the chamber and be ready to shoot in an instant.  That is not to say you should shoot....but if it does become necessary you may not get any advance notice.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Snubby241
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ESCONDIDO, CA 920029
Reply #35 - 07/30/13 at 20:31:18

Since this is not a bike thing, I'm not a noob on this subject.

Recommend a da revolver, lessons, and lots of practice. My favorite
is a S&W 66 2 1/2".

Autos I like are a Sig P230 and Glock 23
(Glock makes some nice sub-compacts also.)

I have a S&W 625 3" that's pretty impressive, it's an N frame in .45 acp
loaded on moon clips. Kinda big and heavy though.

Most important is your willingness to use it and accept the consequences of your actions.  'Cause there will be consequences.

Oh Yeah, for ammo, find out what your local LEOs use.  When you go to court you don't want them harping on you using extra nasty dum dum bullets or some such.

2013 S40, I don't want a pickle.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #36 - 08/07/13 at 21:02:05

I carry a Ruger LCP 380. Fits right in my right pocket and no one knows I have it. I think Rugers are the most reliable guns made. I don't ever plan on using it but I had rather have it and not need it than the opposite. It stays with me when I'm not riding also. Its one of the most concealable guns ever made.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #37 - 08/08/13 at 02:50:00

I have a Kel-Tec PF9, at the time the thinnest, lightest 9mm on the market. Will easily fit in my pocket, also I bought a clip that allows for IWB carry without a holster.  Nice little gun, in my opinion.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #38 - 08/08/13 at 08:42:28

prechermike wrote on 08/08/13 at 02:50:00:
I have a Kel-Tec PF9, at the time the thinnest, lightest 9mm on the market. Will easily fit in my pocket, also I bought a clip that allows for IWB carry without a holster.  Nice little gun, in my opinion.

I also have the PF-9, could you post a link or tell me were I can find that clip?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #39 - 08/08/13 at 15:10:04

old_rider wrote on 08/08/13 at 08:42:28:
prechermike wrote on 08/08/13 at 02:50:00:

I also have the PF-9, could you post a link or tell me were I can find that clip?

Here is a picture of the gun (not mine, but just like it, even the same color) with the clip installed

Here is a link to Kel Tec's website for the clip:

http://www.keltecweapons.com/product/pf-9-belt-clip-blued/

I think I bought mine off ebay, but can't remember for sure.  It is very easy to install, (it has been a while but I think a couple of pins get replaced with a couple of screws) unnoticeable as far as firing and handling the gun, but it is a very secure way to carry.  I think I have seen them for other brands, from other manufacturers, but am not 100% sure on that.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #40 - 08/08/13 at 16:56:46

You people are all very lucky. You would all be in jail if you lived in New Zealand. Pistol packing is pretty much illegal here.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #41 - 08/08/13 at 17:52:45

jcstokes wrote on 08/08/13 at 16:56:46:
You people are all very lucky. You would all be in jail if you lived in New Zealand. Pistol packing is pretty much illegal here.

One of the things I like about Oklahoma is that I can "open carry" any weapon I like as long as a round is not chambered.  However, if I pay a small fee and take a short class, I can get a license and can carry a loaded weapon, open carry or concealed...my choice.
It's good to live in a state where we are still free to live as we wish.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #42 - 08/08/13 at 18:14:49

Starlifter wrote on 08/08/13 at 17:38:56:
Shouldn't this gun-humping thread be moved to the TT??...just sayn' Tongue

So far this thread complies with the Cafe Rules.  It is not political or religious, and they are just talkin' specifications and sweatin' the details.  No one is being rude or impolite........and the thread is not pro or anti-gun control.  Just people giving their opinions on what they are doing.......or would like to do.....or what they feel they have to do.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #43 - 08/08/13 at 22:08:52

Thank you, agreed.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #44 - 08/08/13 at 22:15:04

LANCER wrote on 08/08/13 at 17:52:45:
jcstokes wrote on 08/08/13 at 16:56:46:

One of the things I like about Oklahoma is that I can "open carry" any weapon I like as long as a round is not chambered.  However, if I pay a small fee and take a short class, I can get a license and can carry a loaded weapon, open carry or concealed...my choice.
It's good to live in a state where we are still free to live as we wish.

A "round not chambered"? Does that mean a 6 shot pistol with only 5 in it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:26:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Which Handgun?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.