Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pine on the prowl .. more fun on the Savage (Read 88 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Pine on the prowl .. more fun on the Savage
07/22/13 at 09:07:13

So Friday... all the family are gone. Sadly.. about 2pm my head feels like it is gonna explode ( migraine)... I take off form work... limping home in my cage as the daily thunder-boomers loom.

Several Tylenol and a nap later.. the pain is eased to a dull stab. I "gently" don the helmet and head out to meet up with mailman for a drink at our fav mex watering hole. Somehow the helmet itself seems to hold back the pain, though the weight on my shoulder/neck... adds to it. The ride is glorious as the rains have passed through leaving a cool though humid evening. I chose my roads for effect... minimizing traffic.. I am in no rush.. distance is of no concern... only the need for sweeping country lanes and greenery.

A "rita" and half slab of ribs later I am satiated but the headache returns with a vengeance.  I climb aboard the iron horse and head for the one place that might can help... massage. When I get there I am informed that "ivy" is booked and cannot take me. I am sure I look very pitiful, and after about 10 minutes, she re-arranges who has who and I get Ivy to work on me. I tell her the problem, and she goes right to work ... 1 hour all neck and head. This aint play time. By the time the hour is up.. I am whole and new again. No it aint magic... but my headaches stem from muscle spasms in the head and neck ( and according to Ivy up from my back and shoulders). I dunno.. I just know I am human again. I even drop by the juke joint for a coffee. Flirt with the waitress.. then head out. The doorman is there to pounce on me.
"Is that an LS Savage?"
"yep"
"well I am working on one for a friend, whats the lifter specs"
"can you access the web?"
"sure"
"go to suzukisavage.com... they got guys there that can answer ANY question"
We talk for about 30 minutes.. longer than I spent inside the bar... good times.. the air is still cool and the night made for sitting outside anyway..

time to head home... my fav time... I hit I-20 from Jackson to my home town ( Clinton). Sure the savage aint that fast... but its still fun to be doing 70 at midnight with most of the interstate to yourself...

.... oh but the party aint done!!!!!

On the last leg of going home.. I am doing 33 in a 35 .. when I see the cops have set up a road block. License check... and me having never gotten my endorsement ( not for lack of trying). I hand the officer my license.. and ....

nothing... "have a nice night"...

God looks out for fools I guess.

Happy Monday all!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Pine on the prowl .. more fun on the Savage
Reply #1 - 07/22/13 at 14:00:34

Pine wrote on 07/22/13 at 09:07:13:
So Friday... all the family are gone. Sadly.. about 2pm my head feels like it is gonna explode ( migraine)... I take off form work... limping home in my cage as the daily thunder-boomers loom.

Several Tylenol and a nap later.. the pain is eased to a dull stab. I "gently" don the helmet and head out to meet up with mailman for a drink at our fav mex watering hole. Somehow the helmet itself seems to hold back the pain, though the weight on my shoulder/neck... adds to it. The ride is glorious as the rains have passed through leaving a cool though humid evening. I chose my roads for effect... minimizing traffic.. I am in no rush.. distance is of no concern... only the need for sweeping country lanes and greenery.

A "rita" and half slab of ribs later I am satiated but the headache returns with a vengeance.  I climb aboard the iron horse and head for the one place that might can help... massage. When I get there I am informed that "ivy" is booked and cannot take me. I am sure I look very pitiful, and after about 10 minutes, she re-arranges who has who and I get Ivy to work on me. I tell her the problem, and she goes right to work ... 1 hour all neck and head. This aint play time. By the time the hour is up.. I am whole and new again. No it aint magic... but my headaches stem from muscle spasms in the head and neck ( and according to Ivy up from my back and shoulders). I dunno.. I just know I am human again. I even drop by the juke joint for a coffee. Flirt with the waitress.. then head out. The doorman is there to pounce on me.
"Is that an LS Savage?"
"yep"
"sure"
We talk for about 30 minutes.. longer than I spent inside the bar... good times.. the air is still cool and the night made for sitting outside anyway..

time to head home... my fav time... I hit I-20 from Jackson to my home town ( Clinton). Sure the savage aint that fast... but its still fun to be doing 70 at midnight with most of the interstate to yourself...

On the last leg of going home.. I am doing 33 in a 35 .. when I see the cops have set up a road block. License check... and me having never gotten my endorsement ( not for lack of trying). I hand the officer my license.. and ....

Happy Monday all!

I understand completely.  When living in Lexington SC I had a wonderful massage therapist who was "A Natural".   She not only could take care of the pain centers/areas that I was aware of but her gifted fingers could find ones that I did not know existed before, and then dispatch them with alacrity.   A bonus was that her office was a 5 minute walk...maybe 200 yards from my door.
I really miss being able to go when the attacks come.

Some of mine stem from muscle spasms in the neck and base of skull (fibromyalgia trigger points); then others just appear from nowhere.

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 07/22/13 at 14:04:41

Reminds me of the steam bath and massage parlor at Camp Eagle, Vietnam.  Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 07/22/13 at 14:54:42

LANCER wrote on 07/22/13 at 14:00:34:
Pine wrote on 07/22/13 at 09:07:13:

"Is that an LS Savage?"
"yep"
"sure"

Happy Monday all!

I understand completely.  When living in Lexington SC I had a wonderful massage therapist who was "A Natural".   She not only could take care of the pain centers/areas that I was aware of but her gifted fingers could find ones that I did not know existed before, and then dispatch them with alacrity.   A bonus was that her office was a 5 minute walk...maybe 200 yards from my door.
I really miss being able to go when the attacks come.

Some of mine stem from muscle spasms in the neck and base of skull (fibromyalgia trigger points); then others just appear from nowhere.

hmmmm.. interesting.. my mom has fibromyalgia.. though I never thought much about it.  Anyway I looked up the trigger points... and as you probably suspect... those are places that Ivy always covers thoroughly.. though not all of them seem to affect me... elbows and hips do not seem to be a problem. I have had the doctor treat me... but its a combo of pain med and muscle relaxers... sure it works and it beats being curled up in pain... but not by much. I have no clue why anyone would purposely want to be drugged up.. you cant function!! Not to mention making the stomach all wombly. Actually I threw the pain meds away and just used Tylenol and the muscle pills till they ran out.  Currently.. I bum a "Maxalt" from my son about once every 3 months. Funny, the massage works just as quick... and lasts longer.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/22/13 at 15:34:28

" after about 10 minutes, she re-arranges who has who and I get Ivy to work on me. I tell her the problem, and she goes right to work ... 1 hour all neck and head......."

Uh....is that legal on Mississippi?  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/22/13 at 20:31:49

Sounds more like a tesnion headache,, either way, look up

magnesium supplement migraine

IF you take calcium & you dont take magnesium, youre setting yourself up for a heart attack,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/23/13 at 02:06:24

I have not had a headache in over 30 or 40 years.  I have a couple of friends who have migraines and I have seen them almost cry because of the pain. I can not imagine trying to get thru a day with a headache that bad. One of my buddies takes oxygen from a portable hand held tank when he gets one and he swears it helps. Have you ever tried it?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 07/23/13 at 04:23:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/22/13 at 20:31:49:
Sounds more like a tesnion headache,, either way, look up

magnesium supplement migraine

IF you take calcium & you dont take magnesium, youre setting yourself up for a heart attack,

The headaches I have very often start as a tension type (muscle contraction or spasm) pain in the neck, which for me are associated with bone spurs on my neck vertebrae.  That then sets off the fibromyalgia trigger points on either side at the base of my skull.  As the pain level increases from this combo, the migraine component is activated 80%+ of the time.  From that point all 3 components usually go wide open unless I can get control of the things before it goes over the tipping point.

Pine, the sensitive/painful trigger points of fibromyalgia on me started with the base of the skull, and over the years have spread to elbows, shoulders, knees, lower back below the belt-line, wrists, hips...basically every major joint junction.  I also have arthritis but the fibromyalgia is much more of a problem.  I have had periods where just getting out of bed in the morning was extremely painful.  I have found that Q-10, MSM and DHEA supplements help me significantly.  1 or 2 of them don't get it, it takes all 3 of them taken daily.  Without these supplements it takes about 2 weeks for the symptoms to return to the previous level of pain/discomfort, and then of course when resuming the supplements it takes 2-3 weeks to regain the benefit.
My daily dosages (with breakfast):
DHEA 100mg
Q-10  200mg
MSM  1500mg

My son is a pharmacist and he monitors my med's & supplements, and researches continually for effective ways to control & mitigate symptoms from the assorted physical things with which I have to deal.
Migraines, diabetes & fibromyalgia are the primaries.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:34:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pine on the prowl .. more fun on the Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.