Re: Trip Odometer
Reply #30 - 08/04/13 at 17:36:42

Thanks for the speedo links Stang!

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #31 - 08/05/13 at 05:18:27

No worries dan - I've also been looking at this issue as wanna change tanks.
Them streetfighter types really know how to mix and max their parts! Not my cup of tea style wise but they know their stuff, I'll give em that.

IP Logged
dan49829
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 08/06/13 at 10:11:52

My tank is trashed and have wondered about alternatives.  

Do you know if an Intruder Speedo would work on an S40?

Thank you again!

IP Logged
PhantomII

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa, FL
Reply #33 - 08/06/13 at 10:34:35

What is the gear ratio for our speedometer I found one I would like to get but it says it's geared 2:1 would it work on the savage?

IP Logged
attiii
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Washington, DC
Reply #34 - 08/08/13 at 08:47:09

Speaking of mileage- any city riders here?  I'm getting about 37mpg, which seems low to me.  I'm *NOT* riding particularly hard, and I'm not sitting in traffic for unusually long periods.  

« Last Edit: 08/10/13 at 14:55:58 by attiii »  
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #35 - 08/08/13 at 09:30:48

Added the Bell 100 to the wifes savage yesterday. It has a small delay reading wise, but that might be due to the fact I used a different magnet than what came with it. I left it at the factory settings of 2124, because the 19" setting was off by 10mph.

We shall see what happens with it, so far looks to be a good buy at $12 and easy install, wish I had some silver zip ties tho, wrapped around the fork leg looks kinda cheesy, but I think she will like not running too low on gas vrs knowing when she needs to fuel up.

Plus....I can keep track of her speeds....LOL  Wink

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #36 - 08/08/13 at 09:31:22

attiii wrote on 08/08/13 at 08:47:09:
Speaking of mileage- any city riders here?  I'm getting about 37mpg, which seems low to me.  I'm riding particularly hard, and I'm not sitting in traffic for unusually long periods.  

Here's my avg economy, with prices paid per gallon. (I need to ride more, the number of miles ridden in the past year is pathetic) My max is 45-46mpg when I've been riding longer rides vs my average rides as described below...

Most my rides are to/from work which is less than 4 miles each way. Average day is to work, home for lunch, back to work, then home so maybe 16 miles per day in four short trips that don't exceed 35mph posted speed limit.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #37 - 08/08/13 at 10:00:59

old_rider wrote on 08/08/13 at 09:30:48:
Added the Bell 100 to the wifes savage yesterday. It has a small delay reading wise, but that might be due to the fact I used a different magnet than what came with it. I left it at the factory settings of 2124, because the 19" setting was off by 10mph.

We shall see what happens with it, so far looks to be a good buy at $12 and easy install, wish I had some silver zip ties tho, wrapped around the fork leg looks kinda cheesy, but I think she will like not running too low on gas vrs knowing when she needs to fuel up.

Plus....I can keep track of her speeds....LOL  Wink

To set the Bell accurately, you need to measure the circumference of the front wheel.  Easiest way I've found is to put a chalk mark on the tire and the pavement, then roll the bike forward until the chalk mark on the tire is a the bottom again.  Measure distance between the two marks and convert to mili-meters.

The delay is not from the magnet difference.  It's just that the bicycle computer does not need to update so quickly.. on a bicycle.  It is still counting the revolutions just fine.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
danjray

Connecticut
Reply #38 - 08/08/13 at 10:25:31

EJID, what app is that you're using to track your gas consumption, that looks extremely useful.

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #39 - 08/08/13 at 10:32:38

danjray wrote on 08/08/13 at 10:25:31:
EJID, what app is that you're using to track your gas consumption, that looks extremely useful.

Just called "Mileage" by Evan Charlton

I use it to track the mileage on all my vehicles. Has some nifty statistics screens too.  Cheesy

Screenshot_2013-08-08-11-31-01.jpg

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
danjray

Connecticut
Reply #40 - 08/08/13 at 10:43:07

I'm downloading it now! Thanks!

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Wallaceburg Ontario, Canada
Reply #41 - 08/08/13 at 10:52:51

Is there a PC version of it?

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #42 - 08/09/13 at 03:58:52

I get in the high 30s mpg in London traffic. Thought I more jetting to do but seems I'm not too far off normal.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 08/09/13 at 05:39:03

Dude, Ive got a Stage 1 cam, fatter jets & a Supertrapp w/ 14 disks & I am not scared of twisting the grip & I get 49 MPG in US gallons. My daughter gets 51. Imperial gallons are bigger. You get another 1.6+ pints. Youre rippin thru gas in a place where gas costs waaaay too much to waste, You should at least be getting 60 miles / Imperial Gallon,

OHHH, Wail,, I just saw LOndon TRaffic,, I have no idea how much youre putting along in 1st or 2nd, which isnt at all good for mileage.
Are there back roads that may be further to ride but less time crawling along?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #44 - 08/09/13 at 10:48:19

I think you're probably right jog - having read the new o2 sensor tuning threads I think I need to swap around my jetting. Was just trying to convince myself otherwise.
Currently I've got the bigger pilots and smaller mains. The o2 thread implies the opposite might be ideal.
I've got an endless list of diy stuff at the moment but in a month or so I look forward to chasing 40mpg if I can  Smiley
I do a lot of very short journeys and in central London traffic so I would expect to get probably the worst mpg on this site. Still, I'm up for improving as yep, we get stitched up over here on the fuel.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:45:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trip Odometer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.