Send Topic Print
bike wont turnover (Read 58 times)
deaftosociety
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

bike wont turnover
07/20/13 at 09:50:45

Alright, hows it going fellas? This is my issue the other day after about an hour and a half ride I got home I put the clutch in on my bike and the bike died as soon as I came to a stop. I managed to get it to start back up  to get it to the backyard but as soon as i put the clutch back in and wasnt moving again it died again also my turn signals stopped working 6 months into owning the bike it is a 2011 any ideas where i would start as it wont turn over i noticed the lights now dont light up could it be a wiring problem or should i start looking at the battery?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: bike wont turnover
Reply #1 - 07/20/13 at 12:23:15

Its never a bad idea to know exactly where ya stand with the battery any time theres an electrical issue, so, yea, check water level & charge.

Is the bike parked outside or under cover?

Switches probably last longer parked under some kind of cover, even just a car port,
start with a Volt meter, check power to the flasher unit. Hopefully, youre gettin power there & thats what failed. Get one from a junk yard for about nothin,, The OEM unit is stupid $$, probabvly a whoppin $7.50 at Auto Zone,,

Of course connectors need looked at. Check easy stuff before ya go diggin in the switch.

You stop, got the clutch lever pulled in & it dies? Even if youre tryin to give it gas & keep it alive?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
deaftosociety
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/20/13 at 13:29:44

When it died at my house Igot it to turn over once and it cranked right up when i opened the throttle back up that was how i managed to get it to the backyard sorry for not mentioning that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/20/13 at 14:13:14

little details, how its acting, stuff no one can see or hear but you, these are important,, any work just done? hows the gas? old? just start this mess? been parked? details, things you know that we dont,, the more blanks you fill in, the more likely these guys are to get you goin quickly,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 05:25:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bike wont turnover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.