Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Another Government Lie Bites the Dust (Read 229 times)
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: Another Government Lie Bites the Dust
Reply #30 - 07/22/13 at 19:03:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/22/13 at 17:11:47:
Well,, there may be fewer, S, but, I think it would be hard to believe crims wont get guns..Heck,, hang out at the gun shop, see who is buyin, follow them home,, bad guys WILL get guns. Its not hard to make a little single shot or even buy a black powder kit & use that to force someone to open their gun safe. No BG check on black powder gun kits, not considered a firearm,, IDK why, dang sure pop a hole in a guy,, just, accept as fact that bad guys will get guns, but, like robbers break into houses, they dont USUALLY go for the ones with bars on windows, bad guys will get guns, but, maybe, like you say, eliminate the strawman buyr=ers & maybe there will be fewer of them with guns, couple that with more good guys with guns & that = lower crime

I spend time in the local gun shops and the folks I have seen are all upstanding people..... no criminal types. If criminals were to come in, they wouldn't find the store accommodating or friendly. Needless to say the criminals resort to stolen guns bought on in some dark alley or there about. The gun store owners and employees here are knowledgeable, friendly and law abiding.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 07/22/13 at 20:06:05

Guys who wanted to blend in could dress right & go to academy & watch while they pretend to study the fishing tackle,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #32 - 07/23/13 at 06:06:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/22/13 at 20:06:05:
Guys who wanted to blend in could dress right & go to academy & watch while they pretend to study the fishing tackle,,

I guess if they were that ambitious, creative and so inclined.

We do have crime here in this small city in the mountains of western Pennsylvania.
There are two murderers still on the loose. They murdered a guy that I know, Vinnie.
http://d6673sr63mbv7.cloudfront.net/archive/x1962235168/g0a00000000000000002a...
Although we weren't close friends we used to talk at the local motorcycle repair shop and he worked on one of my cars.
Here are two articles about him.
http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x44819546/Death-is-ruled-a-homicide-Coroner...
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/residents-of-johnstown-suburb...

Vinnie was a well liked, soft spoken guy. His murder was a shock. His murders are still at large and believed to be responsible for one or two other murders in the area.

I doubt that these criminals and others described in the local news reports would be able to go to any police academy.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 07/23/13 at 07:45:59

RatdogWillie wrote on 07/22/13 at 19:03:38:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/22/13 at 17:11:47:
Well,, there may be fewer, S, but, I think it would be hard to believe crims wont get guns..Heck,, hang out at the gun shop, see who is buyin, follow them home,, bad guys WILL get guns. Its not hard to make a little single shot or even buy a black powder kit & use that to force someone to open their gun safe. No BG check on black powder gun kits, not considered a firearm,, IDK why, dang sure pop a hole in a guy,, just, accept as fact that bad guys will get guns, but, like robbers break into houses, they dont USUALLY go for the ones with bars on windows, bad guys will get guns, but, maybe, like you say, eliminate the strawman buyr=ers & maybe there will be fewer of them with guns, couple that with more good guys with guns & that = lower crime

I spend time in the local gun shops and the folks I have seen are all upstanding people..... no criminal types. If criminals were to come in, they wouldn't find the store accommodating or friendly. Needless to say the criminals resort to stolen guns bought on in some dark alley or there about. The gun store owners and employees here are knowledgeable, friendly and law abiding.

Guys ... SC sold a gun to someone who pled insanity and after she bought the gun she threatened people @ private school.
I get tired of posting this. Criminals ... dont quite look much different than the rest of us. Criminals are back ground checkable ... criminals friends look exactly like the rest of us, and cant be background checked.

At the very least, tie the gun serial number to the buyer. That way we can put a trafficking charge on the buyer, and get him a criminal background.
This whole checking @ purchase, and throwing it all away is garbage ... it arms crimnals ...

And no we will not eliminate criminals from getting guns ... however if we squeeze that we will have a linear correlation ... if we cut that "guns in criminal hands" by 90% ... we'd have a drop of 10% in gun crime ... slowly make it more and more and more difficult and more and more and more $$$ to get a gun via a straw purchase.

Seriously, the criminal is the biggest market for the NRA ... no one has a "need to buy" a gun ... cos we all own the gun we will use in self defence already. We dont need to "buy" it for self defence now ... They are essentially making it so that a criminal can always get a gun. Then you'd have to be armed ... much like the people who sold artillery and ammunition to both sides in the wars.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 07/23/13 at 09:30:59

Okay, granted, you can cite an incident where someone was sold a gun & they chouldnt have been even near one,, nothing is 100%, How many are denied?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #35 - 07/23/13 at 09:46:01

srinath wrote on 07/23/13 at 07:45:59:
[

Guys ... SC sold a gun to someone who pled insanity and after she bought the gun she threatened people @ private school.

Cool.
Srinath.

What does SC stand for?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 07/23/13 at 09:56:56

South Carolina

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #37 - 07/23/13 at 09:59:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/23/13 at 09:56:56:
South Carolina

How does a state sell some one a gun?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 07/23/13 at 10:02:34

If it was bought there, its not the fault of that one store, its the states failed policies, in spite of the fact they use the same NICS system,, It Failed in that notable instance, so, SC is just bad,,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #39 - 07/23/13 at 10:03:59

RatdogWillie wrote on 07/23/13 at 09:59:28:
South Carolina

Not the state - though the state of montana operates a gun company ...

The reason guns are in criminal hands is currently this -
The gun is bought by people who dont have criminal records. Apparently they dont act shady and shifty @ the gun store either.
Then they sell them to criminals.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #40 - 07/23/13 at 10:19:36

srinath wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:03:59:
South Carolina

The gun is bought by people who dont have criminal records. Apparently they dont act shady and shifty @ the gun store either.

Cool.
Srinath.

Please provide a link about Montana operating a gun store.

Yes, guns are bought by people that do not have criminal records. I wonder how many times a gun store has customers that show up acting "shady" or "shifty". That's a bit hard to imagine. Buying a gun is a serious transaction. Selling a gun is a serious transaction. If I were selling a gun to some one, I would take a cautious approach, much as a bartender must do in order not to serve a customer too much alcohol. It is called being responsible.

Guns used in crimes in this area that have been recovered after a crime, are usually found to have been stolen.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #41 - 07/23/13 at 10:36:24

RatdogWillie wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:19:36:
srinath wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:03:59:
South Carolina

Cool.
Srinath.

Please provide a link about Montana operating a gun store.

Yes, guns are bought by people that do not have criminal records. I wonder how many times a gun store has customers that show up acting "shady" or "shifty". That's a bit hard to imagine. Buying a gun is a serious transaction. Selling a gun is a serious transaction. If I were selling a gun to some one, I would take a cautious approach, much as a bartender must do in order not to serve a customer too much alcohol. It is called being responsible.

Guns used in crimes in this area that have been recovered after a crime, are usually found to have been stolen.

State of SC didn't sell someone a gun, I have posted that article 1000 times, sorry I didn't think I had to post the same thing 1001 times -
OK here it is - and its changing cos its so old ... the latest news on it super cedes it.

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham said he will propose legislation to prevent a repeat of an incident last week in which a Lady's Island woman, who once pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, passed a background check and legally purchased a gun.

Days later, Alice Boland pointed the gun at an administrator and teacher at Ashley Hall, a private school in Charleston, S.C., and pulled the trigger, according to police reports.

Boland has been charged with attempted murder and four other gun-related violations. However, officials from the Charleston Police Department and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said she will not face an additional charge of illegally buying the gun, even though she filled out a required federal questionnaire that asks if the purchaser has ever been judged mentally deficient or committed to a mental institution.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/02/14/183081/sc-sen-graham-fights-to-keep-gun...

I did not say Montana operates a gun store - read my post - I said gun company -

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2012/09/gun-review-montana-rifle-c...

Montana House Bill 246, the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, was signed into law by Governor Brian Schweitzer on April 15, 2009, and became effective October 1, 2009. This legislation declares that certain firearms and firearms accessories manufactured, sold, and kept within the state of Montana are exempt from federal firearms laws, since they cannot be regulated as interstate commerce.[12][13]

These guns are stamped "Made in Montana" and are not allowed to leave the state (yea not allowed ... wink wink ... not allowed) and hence are not subject to any of the interstate commerce laws.

Gun buying is serious ... but so is gun crime ... and criminals are getting guns from people who can and have bought them legally - as in their "associates". Privatre stranger to stranger sale is not what leads to the gun crime ... but still, if it was tied to you, and you sold it, you should make sure its tied to the new owner (much like a car or a bike)

Of course there is also the "stolen" gun ... put those guys names in a database too and keep an eye on em ... they should not have their guns "stolen" too often ... Usually when you get broken into, the theives really first steal your guns. They are not theft deterrents, they are theft magnets ... they just make sure you're not home when they break in.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #42 - 07/23/13 at 10:47:49

[quote author=7E7F64636C79650D0 link=1374261828/30#41 date=1374600984]RatdogWillie wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:19:36:
I did not say Montana operates a gun store - read my post - I said gun company -

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2012/09/gun-review-montana-rifle-c...

Not really a big deal, but the Montana Rifle Company is not a state operated company, it is a company that shares a state name.

« Last Edit: 07/23/13 at 13:20:28 by RatdogWillie »  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 07/23/13 at 10:48:25

YOu misread the law,. NOt allowed to "Leave the state" means, Manufacturer cant ship to a dealer outside the state. Once an individual buys a gun from the dealer he can take it anywhere,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 07/23/13 at 11:12:15

[quote author=7F4C5949424A7A44414144482D0 link=1374261828/30#42 date=1374601669]srinath wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:36:24:
RatdogWillie wrote on 07/23/13 at 10:19:36:

Nt really a big deal, but the Montana Rifle Company is not a state operated company, it is a company that shares a state name.

No it was montana's reaction to the federal govt's insistence that they have an "enforceable speed limit". Till then it used to say "reasonable and prudent" ... and my friend has a 135 mph speeding ticket on his GSXR with a warning to prove it from the early 00's.

If its not owned by the state of montana, it is atleast backed by them in terms of $$$.

My friend lives in montana ... I know very well what goes on there ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:39:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Another Government Lie Bites the Dust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.