Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fix-a-flat? (Read 113 times)
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
fix-a-flat?
07/17/13 at 09:42:38

does fix-a-flat work on tubed tires such as ours?  worth carrying a can for long trips?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: fix-a-flat?
Reply #1 - 07/17/13 at 09:57:37

Not really... they don't work well for anything larger than a torn puncture,... and not well in tubes...
Street bikes usually get nails or screws,.  and the tubes usually blow out...
F'aFlat will just make a horrible mess...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #2 - 07/17/13 at 14:50:39

But trying to solve the flat tire with Fix-a-Flat will waste enough time that you should calm down a bit before calling that buddy with a pickup truck. Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 07/17/13 at 17:11:43

misterbbq wrote on 07/17/13 at 09:42:38:
does fix-a-flat work on tubed tires such as ours?  worth carrying a can for long trips?

No. And the couple of times I've tried it in tubeless tires it didn't work too good either. Complete waste of money IMO.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 07/17/13 at 20:47:06

put tire snot in with a new tube and forget about flat tires till they wear out , then get another new tube and tire and snot it ! Grin

Works for me ! Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 07/18/13 at 10:45:44

MMRanch wrote on 07/17/13 at 20:47:06:
put tire snot in with a new tube and forget about flat tires till they wear out , then get another new tube and tire and snot it ! Grin

Works for me ! Wink

What's tire snot - is that a brand name, or a nickname for a specific product ?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 07/18/13 at 12:31:31

oldNslow wrote on 07/18/13 at 10:45:44:
MMRanch wrote on 07/17/13 at 20:47:06:

Works for me ! Wink

What's tire snot - is that a brand name, or a nickname for a specific product ?

Had to resort to the use of Tire Snot in MMRanch's presence on the last Dragon Run.  It is the liquied tire sealent........SLIME was the product I bought.  I got a piece of glass in my front tire on the 2nd day, and we were not sure if it went deep enough to hit anything.  I put the Slime in and it is working just fine.....I have no idea if it is sealing anything or just waiting patieantly for a hole to appear.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 07/18/13 at 22:30:02

Once, long ago,, like 6 or so years ago, I got a flat & used a can of Fix-A-Flat & it sealed off & got me home. Tire was worn badly, so, I ordered a new one & went & had it put on, IIRC it held up till I got the new one on,,

Then, on an almost brand new rear tire, I got a flat & I guess I used 4 or 5 cans to get home,, it was a 50 mile trip, at 50 or more MPH, on the Slab It felt fine, but get slowed down & in town Id hafta blow a few bucks into the tire. Last one did pretty good, it plugged up & held Some pressure, which along with the heavy, stiff new tire was good for the last 10 or 12 miles of slow roads. I got home, pulled down the drive, parked it & it blew that plug of gooky nasty crap out & ugly junk spewed out of it for a while,,
& they werent happy with me where I took it to get a new tube in it,, Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 07/19/13 at 07:58:16

20 plus years ago my local bike shop sold an item called tire  sealer and blancer (green snot looking).   I though "What a neat way to blance  my tire" so I got some.    Have never had a flat tire with slime in it.  Smiley

I was out bushoging some bodock trees (thorns, osayorange) and had a flat tire on the front.   Well Co-op put a new tube in couse they quit counting hole in the old one at 14 holes.  So after bushoging the rest of the afternoon , the next morning both front tires were flat.   So .... I put about a quart of slime in each tire aired them up and that was the end of flat tractor tires , I sold the tractor 3 years later with those same tires on it.

I've  put Slime in my bike tires for long as I remember.   It blances them and I doin't fret the flat thing.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:33:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › fix-a-flat?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.