Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need more baggage in my life (Read 117 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
I need more baggage in my life
07/15/13 at 12:40:59

When I bought my bike last August I also bought a backpack. It's a Fieldline($30.00 at Walmart). I'm now in the market for something that will carry more when needed. I like what I've seen regarding the Kuryakyn Grantour bag. Have any of you used this bag, or would recommend something else ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I need more baggage in my life
Reply #1 - 07/15/13 at 15:50:30

2 backpacks, with 1/8th ply cut to fit in the back, D-rings sewn in strategic locations, tied on either side ( allow for swingarm Up & Down) & youd be amazed at the cargo capacity for the $$$. A box on the back of the seat & whammo! youre good for grocery shopping & a trip to Lowes,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 07/17/13 at 01:04:32

Doug do you have a rack? or sissy bar? I put a large kury bag on the back of my wifes 2004 savage. But I added a larger homemade sissy to fasten it to. I also added a one foot square piece of 3/8" plywood as a base for it to sit on.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #3 - 07/17/13 at 04:48:57

JOG/OR    thanks for the ideas    JOG : did you make what you described - and if so can you post a photo ?    OR : no - I don't have a rack or sissy bar    I watched a video on the Grantour bag showing a secured fit(with just straps) and its use as a backrest     I'm unsure of the effectiveness of either-but the video sure talks a good game    Undecided

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #4 - 07/17/13 at 06:14:08

I got a cooler from walmart. It's just the right size to fit on the passenger seat and makes a nice drivers backrest, plus it holds alot of stuff. I put a piece of foam in the pocket for the backrest. And it's a cooler if you need one.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/17/13 at 06:33:57

I dont still have those back-packs. It requires some ingenuity, but I was very pleased with carrying capacity & cost.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:32:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › I need more baggage in my life

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.