Send Topic Print
Tensioner (Read 196 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Tensioner
Reply #15 - 07/17/13 at 02:35:34

I have no idea why my cam chain and tensioner never seem to wear out. I never even knew what they were until I had 33,000 miles on my 650. Savage Gregg and I changed it anyway ,but I guess it was still within limits so it really did not need changing tat that time. I now have almost 51,000 miles and my bike has no rattles and runs quiet and smooth. I will probably change it again this fall, needed or not, just because all of you guys scare me by changing it every few thousand miles. I will get the Verslavy so I have to not worry about it anymore. I never have used first gear to take off and at high speeds I always back off a bit to bring the revs down and I only use 50 wt auto oil cause it runs cooler but other than that I have no idea why i have been so lucky.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 07/17/13 at 05:51:14

stinger wrote on 07/17/13 at 02:35:34:
I have no idea why my cam chain and tensioner never seem to wear out. I never even knew what they were until I had 33,000 miles on my 650. Savage Gregg and I changed it anyway ,but I guess it was still within limits so it really did not need changing tat that time. I now have almost 51,000 miles and my bike has no rattles and runs quiet and smooth. I will probably change it again this fall, needed or not, just because all of you guys scare me by changing it every few thousand miles. I will get the Verslavy so I have to not worry about it anymore. I never have used first gear to take off and at high speeds I always back off a bit to bring the revs down and I only use 50 wt auto oil cause it runs cooler but other than that I have no idea why i have been so lucky.

Tells us a bit about your rides.  Do you ride your bike 5 miles at a time and go on short errands to pick up things......or do you go on 300 mile trips when you ride?

Me......most of my riding is 15 - 20 minute rides at the end of the day.  I get home form work, do all my chores at home, and then go on a ride to wind down at the end of the day.  I am the kind of rider that evidently will not get a ton of mileage from my cam chain.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 07/17/13 at 07:35:20

I'd have to check my records, but I think greg put in a "verslagen" (pinned, but no second hole) in yours stinger.

And if I remember correctly, stinger is a long distance rider.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:20:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tensioner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.