IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Re: Exhaust baffles
Reply #16 - 07/11/13 at 14:30:01

A guy in Auckland made my whole exhaust system at a reasonable price.

97mm_Piston_engiune_install_013.jpg
  IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/11/13 at 17:02:45

Gyrobob wrote on 07/09/13 at 08:32:30:
[size=12]Here's a thought, since you like the straight, fat, drag-pipe look:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/Gyrobob_theOriginal/Muffler_dragpipe...

I like this, I can buy pre-drilled pipe either just holes, or louvered. But I've heard the louvered stuff is too restrictive. Plain holes is better for power and I'm more interested in performance than keeping my neighbours happy, I don't like them anyway.

Question about that diagram; you say to bend the edge of the hole facing the flow down to diver gas into the space above. Shouldn't this be the other way around? I would think the far edge of the hole from the incoming flow should be bent down slightly to catch the gasses and direct them out of the inner pipe.  Huh

IP Logged
wearsabrowncoat

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

L.A. - lower Alabama
Reply #18 - 07/11/13 at 17:59:36

Found my rattle and the answer to your question. Had a BCB drag pipe that came with bad disc welds.  This is what a couple baffles look like.  I only counted 3 discs but one might have fallen out before I realized the problem. Notice how the disc is not full diameter and the holes are offset one to the next.  With only one baffle exhaust was slightly louder but I did have significantly more backfires.  Don't know if a different jet would fix that and my mix level was previously turned out to the max for perfect tuning.  By the way,  BCB is an awesome company. I called and they immediately sent me a new pipe - with an upgraded disc attachment design with free express shipping.  One last shameless plug - I'm selling the old pipe on eBay for anyone enterprising enough to do a repair.

image_089.jpg

97 Savage - Blue Collar Bobber'd, Raptor petcock, 6" FC on deck, VerSlavy waiting list.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 07/12/13 at 04:28:39

wearsabrowncoat wrote on 07/11/13 at 17:59:36:
Found my rattle and the answer to your question. Had a BCB drag pipe that came with bad disc welds.  This is what a couple baffles look like.  I only counted 3 discs but one might have fallen out before I realized the problem. Notice how the disc is not full diameter and the holes are offset one to the next.  With only one baffle exhaust was slightly louder but I did have significantly more backfires.  Don't know if a different jet would fix that and my mix level was previously turned out to the max for perfect tuning.  By the way,  BCB is an awesome company. I called and they immediately sent me a new pipe - with an upgraded disc attachment design with free express shipping.  One last shameless plug - I'm selling the old pipe on eBay for anyone enterprising enough to do a repair.  

I've not purchased any parts from them yet but there are some parts that I have set aside for possible future orders.  It's good to know that their customer service is so good.
Thanks for the info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:16:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust baffles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.