Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
An extension of here...... (Read 39 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
An extension of here......
07/07/13 at 13:18:45

Well its boating/fishing season here in the PNW. I knew my kicker motor was in need of sumtin when I couldn't get it to start last fall to run out the gas. Its a 4 stroke Suzuki that I'd be surprised if it had 10 hours of run time...TOTAL. I'm thinking that kinda led to the problem, perhaps, not using it enuff. Anyway I "un-winterized" yesterday, main engine fired up quire readily with the battery  installed, primed it, turned the key.....but the kicker, no go.
I could get it to start with a direct shot of fuel into the carb...so, I knew it was a fuel issue. I traced the fuel line back, trying to find fuel, not until I got ahead of the fuel pump, did I get fuel. I took it apart, etc, and by cleaning, etc, I got fuel to fiil up the bowl, but still not run. I figured it had to be in the main jet.....
I took the carb off and turned it over.....no fuel ran out, I knew then it was the main jet! Took it all apart and sure enough, you could see the fuel residual crap just covering the main jet opening and surrounds. Got it all cleaned up, put back together, and she fired....but wouldn't idle. Pulled the pilot jet, cleaned that, and walla, she purrs!
I give credit to reading the stuff you motor heads share here....
It really was easy, and if you just go slow and think logically, it almost fixes itself  Grin
With this under my belt I feel I can dive into my bike now when needed!!!!

THANKS!  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: An extension of here......
Reply #1 - 07/07/13 at 13:24:09

its great what can be learned here that translates,, lots of good carb guys here..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:24:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › An extension of here......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.