Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
feeling very old (Read 169 times)
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
feeling very old
07/01/13 at 13:59:44

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201113602138104&set=at.174040066574...
   levant_count=1&ref=nf
Today i was made a greatgrandfather. Hows about that.

Take it easy.but TAKE IT.
Man does not cease to ride because he gets old,Man gets old because he ceases to RIDE.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: feeling very old
Reply #1 - 07/01/13 at 14:05:13

Hello Fid from Morecamb, you shouldn't feel old, you should feel "4 generations Young"!

You're a Patriarch ! How about that !!!  Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 07/01/13 at 14:11:58

Congratulations! Now you can spoil her rotten.
My personal view of age is:
Everyone who is older than me is too old, and everyone younger than me is too young.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #3 - 07/01/13 at 14:40:34

Congratulations!

I have a similar way of thinking as arteacher. If they are younger than me, they are a kid. If they are older than me, they are old.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 07/01/13 at 14:42:25

Congratulations!!!

and thanks

I needed to feel young today!

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #5 - 07/01/13 at 19:57:38

Wow! It's a cute people puppy. Smiley

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 07/02/13 at 03:41:52

Congrat's Greatgranddude !
The new little tiny critters are an amazing blessing.
A new life is absolute evidence of God's incredible gift to us.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 07/02/13 at 06:23:25

Grats Fid!  Don't forget the best part of being a grand or even great grand parent is that you can spoil them, let them get hopped up on chocolate and then send them home LoL.  We all get older and there's no way to change that, just enjoy the ride as best as you can.  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #8 - 07/02/13 at 13:09:22

Congrats!  Grin

The little ones are wonderful.  So full of love, wonder, and amazement at everything.  Have fun with the newest addition to your family....they help keep you young too.  Wink

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 07/02/13 at 19:07:34

Grand kids are a hoot. My 2 girls are a lot of fun to be with. And yes, you give them back when both parties have had there fill. After a full day with two tikes, Grandma and Grandpa are ready to experience the unparalleled joy of giving them back to their parents. Usually the kids and us are ready for a nap after a full day.

I couldn't imagine our lives without the grand kids now.  Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Night Train
YaBB Newbies

Back in the Seat
Again!

Enola PA
Reply #10 - 07/02/13 at 19:43:16

Quote:
Hello Fid from Morecamb, you shouldn't feel old, you should feel "4 generations Young"!

You're a Patriarch ! How about that !!!  

"Spoken like a true Gentleman"
My wife is the Great Grandmother and the Patriarch of our clan. I came along later. So, I recently found out that when she retires 12/13 she will be the Go To Baby Sitter for the new wave of babies coming into our world. As if once / twice was not enough! Blessings all around and always hope for healthy over "Girl or Boy", yeah I know. But I'm engineered to be A Grumpy Old Sourpuss. How am I gonna get any attention with "Cute and Cuddly with New Baby Smell" in the house. She says don't worry there's a place for me....
Good Luck Grand Pa... You'll never look back.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 07/02/13 at 21:10:55

Night Train wrote on 07/02/13 at 19:43:16:
Quote:

You're a Patriarch ! How about that !!!  

"Spoken like a true Gentleman"
My wife is the Great Grandmother and the Patriarch...   how about (Matriarch)   of our clan. I came along later. So, I recently found out that when she retires 12/13 she will be the Go To Baby Sitter for the new wave of babies coming into our world. As if once / twice was not enough! Blessings all around and always hope for healthy over "Girl or Boy", yeah I know. But I'm engineered to be A Grumpy Old Sourpuss. How am I gonna get any attention with "Cute and Cuddly with New Baby Smell" in the house. She says don't worry there's a place for me....
Good Luck Grand Pa... You'll never look back.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 07/02/13 at 23:10:25

Cute micro person...

Enjoy it Fid, some of us will never know what it is like. I have a stepson, but as far as I know, no kids of my own. And so far, "Stinky" is disinclined to settle down and have a family of his own. Good thing, he's too immature to take care of himself, let alone a baby.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 07/03/13 at 00:43:16

The niceties of being a Grandparent:

- You learned how to be a parent by trial/error with your kids, now that you know the do's & don'ts, you'll be a perfect grandparent;

- You learned how to treat a baby, them a toddler, then a school-age kid, then a teenager... now that you know what to expect, you're ready for it and it won't cost you any sleepless nights any more;

- You already know how to tell a fairy tale in that gripping, open jawed style... be it Snow White or Lil'Red Riding Hood or Edgar Allan Poe or Stephen King...

- You have a veritable Treasure Chest... old relics from time unknown such as b&w photos, an old dial-up telephone, leather shoes you have to lace up and ladies' hats for Sunday Service...
... dolls you can dress up ! Leather cowboy hats and a real leather football (not that plasticky stuff they sell nowadays) wooden baseball bats (not aluminum)
and an old bicycle with white tires and chrome handlebars and colorful tassels (Schwinn Flyer!) and a leather seat and a bell (not an electrionic gizmo with 274 electronic chimes...)

- You have that great big soft bed they can climb onto and tug at your ears and whisper "wake up!" so you can treat them to chocolate chip cookies and whole milk that tastes sooo good and old films in a box - videotapes !  Cheesy

- Everybody gathers at your house for Thanksgiving turkey and the XMas Dinner and you will have the most beautiful Christmas Tree
and you know all the old songs and you positively DID get to know Santa in person because you're sooo old.. you even have (b&w) pictures to prove it !

- Birthday parties at your house? Awesome !

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #14 - 07/03/13 at 00:44:35

PS Being a GREAT-Granpa ? Even better ! You can even tell Granpa to hush down because "YOU know better!"

Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:19:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › feeling very old

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.