Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi Performance Parts Question (Read 88 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Hi Performance Parts Question
07/01/13 at 10:16:21

I think I would like to buy Lancer's stuff and work on the bike this winter. I would like to create as much power as possible, however I don't want to sacrifice bottom end torque. I would like to increase it if possible. If I purchase the carb and big bore kit, which cam do I need?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Hi Performance Parts Question
Reply #1 - 07/01/13 at 10:33:28

Greg wrote on 07/01/13 at 10:16:21:
I think I would like to buy Lancer's stuff and work on the bike this winter. I would like to create as much power as possible, however I don't want to sacrifice bottom end torque. I would like to increase it if possible. If I purchase the carb and big bore kit, which cam do I need?

Stage 1
I ran the original Stage 1 cam for 8 years and it makes excellent torque from just off idle to about 5500 rpm before is levels out.
The torque peak runs from about 3500-5500.
You will not be disappointed with it.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #2 - 07/01/13 at 10:41:29

Thank you Lancer. Now I am just waiting on my Christmas bonus!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 07/01/13 at 11:09:48

I installed the 95mm Wiseco, Stage 1 Cam, Mikuni VM36 carb, big foam air cleaner, less restrictive exhaust.

My bike starts instantly, idles great, gets 58 mpg.  So far I have about 1,500 miles on the engine improvements and about 900 miles with this carb......and I would not change a thing.  I don't know if it will go 100,000 miles....but I have not sacrifieced and torque as the bike runs much stronger from idle to redline.  We are now in the durability testing stage....I hope to let you know in about 10 years how it is holding up!

Some don't understand why I got the 95mm instead of the 96 or 97 mm.  I felt the 95mm was fine as I didn't really want more displacement - but I wanted higher compression and better performance from the displacement that I had.  WIth the smallest of the Wiseco pistons, I felt I could get a little more rpm from the avaible head and valve system than I would with the larger pistons.  I also spend the majority of my time cruisiing around at 50 mph.....and didn't need a larger piston most of the time.

« Last Edit: 07/01/13 at 12:32:48 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 07/01/13 at 12:32:31

Thanks Dave.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print