Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hesitation issue fixed with white spacer mod (Read 66 times)
Rembrandt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Hesitation issue fixed with white spacer mod
06/29/13 at 20:49:38

One of my first posts a few weeks ago concerned my annoying hesitation issues, especially riding first through third. I replaced the stock petcock with a Raptor and adjusted idle screw with no real effect. I was proud of my small tooling so far because I am absolutely not mechanically inclined, so I was happy to find a highly recommended mechanic who works on mostly motorcycles, but also other engines and machines as well. Up here in Canada, motorcycle shops often charge even more than auto mechanics, so finding this guy who works for 60 an hour is actually a pretty good deal. What impressed me besides his obvious knowledge and many repeat customers--plus the fact that he works on every kind of bike and machine under the sun--is his willingness to read all the relevant stuff I print off this site for him. He cleaned the carb and did the white spacer mod--took two washers--test rode it and then had me test ride on pick-up to make sure I agreed it was fixed and happy. He lubed a few things just as part of his care of my machine. Total of two hours labour and I paid 120. I am very happy with the result. I will be ordering a Verslavy in the near future and getting him to check cam tensioner / chain at around 10 000 miles...not too far away the way I've been riding. As many may remember from earlier posts, I bought my 06 first week of May with 2270 miles. The bike now has approximately 5600 miles and the weather is just starting to warm up in our unusually slow start to serious heat. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for all your patience and help so far regarding many, many newb questions. Your thoughts folks on anything I've shared here--regarding my mechanic? Verslavy intentions, etc, etc? Thanks so much.

A hundred years from now, none of this will matter.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Hesitation issue fixed with white spacer mod
Reply #1 - 06/29/13 at 22:35:07

I'll bet I was no help help at all....

You're welcome... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Hesitation issue fixed with white spacer mod
Reply #2 - 06/30/13 at 04:38:36

Rembrandt wrote on 06/29/13 at 20:49:38:
I was proud of my small tooling so far because I am absolutely not mechanically inclined

Felt good to getting dirty working on your own bike didn't it, glad you took the dive in.  I'm also glad you found a competent & diligent mechanic, at least until you are confident enough to do all your own repairs  Wink

KEEP AT IT!   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:30:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hesitation issue fixed with white spacer mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.