Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ADHD is a ficticious disease (Read 188 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: ADHD is a ficticious disease
Reply #30 - 06/27/13 at 18:28:39

arteacher its amazing I say something twice and you not only misquote it you turn it into a crime. I never left a mark on my son, is that a beating? Sri my son is 38 years old. I still had black and white television. All I did was pop his but and let him know I meant business. I probably never whipped him over half a dozen times because I could give him that look that it was coming if he didn't behave. I've been to modern day schools that are nothing but chaos. Theres no way a child could learn in that envirement Teachers are scared of the kids, the kids cussing the teachers out and you wanna take away their IPod. They kneed to learn some respect if you have to stick your foot up their ass. The children don't respect each other or the teachers. The teachers try to make it through the day without getting hurt.When I got home from school I worked. I did yardwork, garden work,took care of chickens and other animals. I see Dads mowing yards while 13 year olds are playing on their Ipods or whatever the latest gadget is. Then they moan about their kids being lazy. I drove a tractor, lawn mower, worked with all kinds of farm implements. I learned to shoot 22 rifles in school in the FFA. Can you imagine that happening now? Take away their Ipod or stand in the corner, you cant prove to me it works. Sri you have special circumstances and you have to do what works for your son. I was very impressed with him the night I met him. You're doing something right.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 06/27/13 at 19:52:46

The punishment has to fit the crime.
The punishment has to keep the childs sensitivity to the punishment intact.
Taking Ipad away or standing in a corner to think about what they have done works well for a 10 year old with the brain function of a 6yr old. I am getting him to ride his scooter ... I will teach him to ride a bicycle ... and when his follies escalate, we have things to take away ... we also dont ever use food or excercise as reward or punishment respectively. There are a lot of rules and pitfalls and so on ...

We used to punish him with denial of music ... till he lost interest in it ...
It works well the way we have changed to counter his change. The idea is to use the least amount of punishment to elicit the desired behaviour.
Dont make him stand in a corner for 3 mins when 2 min will have him welling up with regret.

He was on very good behavior that night ... and of late he does that a lot. In fact very very very rarely does he show bad behavior. He typically turns into a preachy prude in the presence of some over active kids, and has a fit cos he cant lighten up. Its been almost 18 months since his bad behaviour now that I think about it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 06/28/13 at 06:14:40

Man, once in a while it's like we just agree on everything, Sri.

--Steve

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #33 - 06/28/13 at 11:45:06

Sri and I disagree on a lot but I consider him a great friend. He's brilliant and he's done a great job with his son. I look forward to him showing up on race nights.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #34 - 06/28/13 at 11:50:34

Stop you 2 ... you're making me all sentimental ...

Weren't you supposed to be bad ass bikers ... I know I am ...

Once the house is packed and put on the market I should have time, and nothing to do cos its all in storage ... race nights would be cheap entertainment ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #35 - 06/28/13 at 21:33:37

Trying to watch me drive is the best comedy show on earth!

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #36 - 06/29/13 at 08:09:51

Midnightrider wrote on 06/28/13 at 21:33:37:
Trying to watch me drive is the best comedy show on earth!

Those RC cars right ... not just you, the entire rest of the crowd as well as the whole atmosphere of the place. Its like going to a amateur bike race like I did @ VIR a few years ago ... sadly my friend werase643 on his GS500 on the first lap @ the pseudo cork screw the track has managed a spectacular 15 ft highside and ended up taking a trip to the hospital.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 20:16:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ADHD is a ficticious disease

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.