Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ADHD is a ficticious disease (Read 188 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: ADHD is a ficticious disease
Reply #15 - 06/26/13 at 18:15:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82h52MkxUU

I wish I could find a better version of this clip.

--Steve

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 06/27/13 at 05:21:08

This thread flabbergasted me. As a parent of a now 40 year old son who is on permanent disability due to a brain injury induced bi-polarity, and the grandfather of an 8 year old who has ADHD, I am sitting here in absolute amazement at the narrow minded drivel I am reading.
Do some actual research, using accredited sources, before you spout off.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/27/13 at 05:57:59

IF there is ANYthing that a kid can focus on, electronics, math, science,, then the diagnosis falters,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/27/13 at 06:08:34

arteacher wrote on 06/27/13 at 05:21:08:
I am sitting here in absolute amazement at the narrow minded drivel I am reading.

You don't come to the Tall Table often, do you?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 06/27/13 at 07:14:16

Paraquat wrote on 06/27/13 at 06:08:34:
I am sitting here in absolute amazement at the narrow minded drivel I am reading.

--Steve

Like we said @ one time last year this forum is 90% republicans.
They see a child needing extra help in school or otherwise and see government waste.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 06/27/13 at 07:22:39

needimg help/ extra attention is one thing. pumping them full of crap to make sit thru boredom is another

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 06/27/13 at 07:35:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/27/13 at 07:22:39:
needimg help/ extra attention is one thing. pumping them full of crap to make sit thru boredom is another

And you propose one parent sit with them all day to keep them entertained ? great ... what if the people are broke ... or has only 1 parent ... right right, be wealthy and have 2 parents ... gotcha ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #22 - 06/27/13 at 09:33:31

srinath wrote on 06/27/13 at 07:14:16:
Paraquat wrote on 06/27/13 at 06:08:34:

--Steve

Like we said @ one time last year this forum is 90% republicans.
They see a child needing extra help in school or otherwise and see government waste.

Cool.
Srinath.

It comes down to how much the tax payer is willing to fork over to the educational system. It has been known for decades that the ideal teacher student ratio is 1-10. In our board that would mean doubling (and then some) the number of teachers.
The big push since 1995 has been integration of special needs kids into a regular classroom. It is good for all kids, special needs or not, to do this. However, it is very difficult to teach 25-30 kids at different levels of capability, without extra help in the classroom. Educational assistants cost money, and the boards don't have it. Because they are funded from the general tax pool it becomes a political issue, and it shouldn't be.
Drugs for ADHD kids are a mixed blessing. The up side is-  a kid who is PROPERLY medicated can learn more effectively and is less of a disturbance in the classroom, so all students benefit.
The down side is that you are administering heavy duty drugs to these kids, and the evaluation procedure for identifying them is, in most cases, rudimentary at best. I coached my son and his wife on how to get their ADHD son properly evaluated. (the process takes months), they were coached on how to bring up an ADHD kid (behavior modification techniques), and a psychiatrist, after months of evaluation of the boy, prescribed the PROPER amount of the PROPER medication.
When he was first diagnosed by a GP he was put on Ridilin, and either he would run around the house or classroom like a hyperactive humming bird, or sit in a chair lethargically, depending on when his medication was given.
After the evaluation process, he is now doing very well at school, and behaves like a "normal" kid all the time.
Oh and WD- the regular beatings really helped as well. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 06/27/13 at 09:58:50

And Art - in the US we are closer to 30-1, and better yet, 30% or more are mexican. I am really thinking we oughta have a school fee system for Illegals. I cant imagine running a school system with this sorta under ground population.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 06/27/13 at 10:20:29

And on spanking - I am not really even sure its needed ... and if it works, or makes it worse ... or what. It desensitizes the kid to the point that only spanking works. Everything else is ignored by the kid.

There is plenty of other punishment that is effective. Not spanked doesn't mean undisciplined. My son has never been spanked but he responds very well to all other types of punishment. A "go stand in the corner for what you've done" will elicit a feeble OK followed by bursting into tears a few years ago. Now being 10 1/2 he tends to look very very sad instead of outright tears, he seems to think what he has done, will come out of that stand in the corner session and say something profound about it ... like I know I shoved this badly and spilt it and I'll be careful, but why dont we have this in a plastic cup with a cap on it. We'll go, we dont like teh tatse of plastic. he'd say OK I'll be more careful.
Important to keep kids in the sensitive zone.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #25 - 06/27/13 at 10:25:43

Oh and WD- the regular beatings really helped as well I'm the one that mentioned spanking, not beating's. I put this out there for discussion, not 3rd grade arguments. Parents that do not wanna discipline their children dope them up. I got whippings when I was growing up and I thank God my parents cared enough about me to discipline me.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 06/27/13 at 11:10:03

But midnight - you dont need to spank a kid ... you can have a better effect taking away his ipad and computer.
Much like taking away my cricket bat in the ole country.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #27 - 06/27/13 at 12:35:11

That's what my sister told me. You want my son or her children. Your son comes with his own problems and must be handled with kid gloves. He's lucky he has you for a father.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 06/27/13 at 12:47:55

Midnightrider wrote on 06/27/13 at 12:35:11:
That's what my sister told me. You want my son or her children. Your son comes with his own problems and must be handled with kid gloves. He's lucky he has you for a father.

Yea in a way the disciplining has to match the people involved. If my son thinks he can beat up his parents cos we spanked him - my wife will be in the hospital ... cos he can beat her up now.

I dont think he needs to be "handled" at all in any way - but disciplining without physical punishment works right and has the effect we desire it to.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #29 - 06/27/13 at 13:52:25

Midnightrider wrote on 06/27/13 at 10:25:43:
Oh and WD- the regular beatings really helped as well I'm the one that mentioned spanking, not beating's. I put this out there for discussion, not 3rd grade arguments. Parents that do not wanna discipline their children dope them up. I got whippings when I was growing up and I thank God my parents cared enough about me to discipline me.

Sorry WD- I did not mean to miss quote you.
Corrected post:
Oh and Midnightrider- the regular beatings helped as well. Wink <This smiley means it is a joke.
A "whipping" is not a spanking.

Question- what is a spanking? How many strokes? with what implement? How hard? Where is the line?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:31:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ADHD is a ficticious disease

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.