Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cold/then hot syndrome    me - not the bike (Read 84 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
cold/then hot syndrome    me - not the bike
06/24/13 at 22:54:25

With my coats or sweatshirts riding is often too cool at times and too warm other times. I've looked at jackets at my local shops. With a limited selection the Tour Master transition series 3 seems to have what I'm after.  Does anyone have any experience with this jacket/brand ?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: cold/then hot syndrome    me - not the bike
Reply #1 - 06/25/13 at 05:32:37

I am not sure the best way to solve this issue.  It is often in the 60's in the morning and approaching 90 in the afternoon.......I think dressing in layers and having a backpack or bags to store the layers may be the only option.  Some jackets do have vents that can open and they help immensly when moving.....but when stopped jackets are always hot when riding in the sunshine.  I have some very light long sleeve shirts that I wear under my mesh jacket in the morning, and I take them off in the afternoon.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 06/25/13 at 06:32:40

I have a leather jacket with the TFL cooling dye system and I love it!  I was completely skeptical before getting it, but it really works. Mine is 1.3mm thick and the only time I've ever been really hot in it was when I had to wait for a 45 car cargo train to pass on a 96 degree day LoL, while moving the vents do a tremendous job of cooling. Being an ATGATT guy and someone who sometimes feels hot in the air conditioning, I'm so happy to have found a true 4 season jacket  Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
motorcycle jackets
Reply #3 - 06/25/13 at 08:07:27

I thought that I could get by with coats, sweatshirts, and whatever. However, a good deal of the time I'm either too hot or cold. Thus, I'm ready for an upgrade. I checked out the local shops and found one that seems to meet my needs. A Tour Master transition series 3. Does anyone have any experience with this jacket/brand ?      

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: motorcycle jackets
Reply #4 - 06/25/13 at 08:49:16

I have the Tourmaster Flex Series 3 and I love it. Just got it two months ago and I commute to work where it is cold in the AM and hot in the PM. I do two or three layers in the morning and just the mesh on the way home. Being from Mt.Vernon, WA I own a pair of flannel lined jeans that I use when it really gets cold and are comforable on the bike.

If I had to do over again I probably wouldn't have settled for the in-stock base black jacket and would have gotten an easier to see color, maybe even the dayglo yellow/green. I don't usually zip the outer shell section together with the mesh in the morning due to the high hassle factor but if I use the inside liner then I will zip that in. Lots of pockets!!! I like the elbow guards and the arm snaps that cinch them into place.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 06/25/13 at 09:25:27

I have a tourmaster Jett that I got over 5 years ago that I love.
Fit is great and good protection.  Same with the CorTech pac coast.

The temp varies from 60 to 100 and as long as I'm going 50 or better, I'm comfortable with the vents/sleeves/cuffs open.  Although at some point, you have to go mesh cause with everything open it's like a balloon and hanging on gets tough. It also has a liner.

Try the jacket on for fit before you buy, there was a sale awhile back and every jacket I tried on didn't fit like the Jett.

WWW   IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #6 - 06/25/13 at 15:25:05

If it looks as though I rewrote my first thread - I did - because the first one disappeared - after the second one did I checked my messages and found that my thread(s) had been moved to the Cafe section - just so you know I'm not going senile - yet       verslagen1 : yes - I agree - I will only buy a jacket(or other wearables) that I can try on - that is why I'm limited to my local shops - the Tour Master transition series 3 has several vents that I think will help me out

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:31:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › cold/then hot syndrome    me - not the bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.