Supermoon 2013 (Read 84 times)
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Supermoon 2013
06/22/13 at 16:28:15

'Supermoon 2013': Don't miss the biggest, fullest and brightest moon this weekend
Stargazers and amateur astronomers will get a rare chance to view a special supermoon this weekend. The largest full moon this year, also known as the supermoon, will brighten the night sky this weekend.

On Sunday, at 7 am EDT, the moon will reach perigee - the point closest to earth in its orbit, a distance of 221,824 miles.

During Sunday's phenomenon, the moon will seem about 12.2 percent larger than it will look on January 16, 2014, when it will be at its farthest from the Earth during its apogee, Fox News reported.

The word “supermoon” was first used 30 years ago by astrologer Richard Nolle, but has only come into popular usage since 2011

Additionally, the near coincidence of Sunday's full moon with perigee will also result in a dramatically large range of high and low ocean tides.

http://refreshingnews99.blogspot.in/2013/06/supermoon-2013-dont-miss-biggest....

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Supermoon 2013
Reply #1 - 06/22/13 at 18:14:25

Tonight, 11pm to midnight, I plan to be going pass the south entry of Joshua Tree National Park, ride to the north west exit, about 60 miles.   Last time was six years ago:

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/22/13 at 21:15:21

Yea,, the moon is Bright tonite,, I went out back to get away from the lites so I could see the Space Station come across at 10:00 central time,

I put a tree between me & the moon to keep my eyes working. Moon was behind me as the Space Station came across from WNW to ESE,, ONly took 2 minutes for it to go invisible,, because the moon swamped the reflection,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 06/22/13 at 21:45:08

Space station was visible here for mere seconds. Moon is so bright that it washes out details in the telescope, even at low (8x) power setting. At 32x, it's just a fuzzy blob. Enough ambient light to wash out any other celestial bodies of interest.

The night fishing is killer though, you can see the bigger fish feeding really well and spot cast to them.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/22/13 at 21:54:40

Not that Im all that shook,, but I hear this is considered America's "Supermoon"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 06/23/13 at 13:32:19

Paladin. wrote on 06/22/13 at 18:14:25:
Tonight, 11pm to midnight, I plan to be going pass the south entry of Joshua Tree National Park, ride to the north west exit, about 60 miles.   Last time was six years ago:

Super moon, super ride, I still can do 370 miles in a night.

WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 06/24/13 at 04:27:32

Well I got to see how bright it was, but it was too cloudy to really appreciate it here last night   Sad

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
WytNyt
YaBB Newbies

On His Wyt Iron
Horse

NW Missouri
Reply #7 - 06/24/13 at 10:10:03

All I can say is go away supermoon..I had the strangest day and I'm not sure if it was the moon's fault but I'm blaming it on the moon..I work in a med/max prison and it was a 16 hour day dealing with inmates swinging on me,bleeding on me and almost throwing up on me  Angry  I have never ran to so many different life threating situations before in my life..good thing I'm in good shape Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:30:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Supermoon 2013

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.