Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
20 reasons I detest the goverment (Read 129 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
20 reasons I detest the goverment
06/22/13 at 09:36:10

1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don't want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things we don't want done at any price.

2) Increasingly, every bill that is proposed in D.C. seems to be crafted with the hope that at least 51% of the American people are ignorant or not paying attention to what the legislation actually does.

3) When there's a slip-up and members of Congress and their staff are *** gasp *** expected to follow the same laws as the rest of us on something like Obamacare, they immediately start looking for a way out.

4) Having an unelected bureaucrat decide that your property is a "swampland" because it rained yesterday or that you didn't follow some arcane legislation can lead to your spending years of your life dealing with an army of government regulators in court and costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees; yet the bureaucrats pay no price at all for being wrong.

5) IRS employees like Lois Lerner can take the 5th Amendment when they're asked to testify about breaking the law to go after American citizens, but we're not allowed to take the 5th Amendment when the IRS demands information from us.

6) Who in the government was held responsible and punished for Fast and Furious? Benghazi? The subprime crisis caused by the government? Wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on Solyndra? Detroit going bankrupt? The IRS scandal? Giving someone as unstable as Bradley Manning access to classified data? How about allowing eight of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers to be registered to vote? The correct answer: nobody, which is exactly the problem.

7) The average government employee makes more than the people who are paying his salary.

8) If the economy goes bad, you may have to tighten your belt, but our government NEVER thinks it should have to cut back on its spending.

9) Inconvenient campaign promises by politicians are treated as almost entirely unrelated to what they do while governing.

10) There's so much stagecraft and deliberate deception in D.C. that it's impossible for the average person to understand what's going on without having someone who understands politics explaining it to him.

11) CBO scores on legislation are treated as legitimate and meaningful despite the fact that the rules have been rigged in such a way that the CBO ALMOST ALWAYS DRAMATICALLY UNDERESTIMATES the cost of government programs.

12) When Congress is in session, you won't find a more corrupt or dishonest group of human beings all gathered in any one place outside of a prison.

13) Our Congress REGULARLY votes on pork-laden bills written in legalese that NO ONE has actually read cover to cover.

14) We have so many laws and regulations that almost every American is breaking the law somehow on a daily basis.

15) When the Republican Party and Democrat Party collaborate in a bipartisan manner, it's almost always to screw the American people in order to help some influential or deep-pocketed special interest group.

16) Our politicians in D.C. are just as corrupt as those South American politicians we laugh at for taking bribes. The only difference is our politicians are smarter about it. A bribe is illegal, but giving their relative an incredibly highly paid job or slipping an earmark into a bill that will end up helping their investments to thrive is considered par for the course in D.C.

17) Our overbearing politicians and bureaucrats feel entitled to tell you how to run almost every aspect of your life. They think they know better than you what health care you should have, where your kids should be allowed to go to school, what you should be able to do with your own property, what TV, toilet or shower head you should be allowed to buy, what light bulb you should have and even what size of soda you should be able to drink.

18) The priority scale for most politicians goes campaign contributors, special interest groups, political bosses, lobbyists and then if they're in a competitive district, their constituents. Very few politicians in D.C. ever seem to give a thought to what's good for the country.

19) Almost every bill that passes is sold with lies that later turn out not to be true; yet the bills aren't repealed and the politicians who deceived the American people are rarely held accountable.

20) We have government employees whom we put into office, whose salaries we pay, telling US what to do and acting as if we work for them.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 20 reasons I detest the goverment
Reply #1 - 06/22/13 at 10:29:34

2) Increasingly, every bill that is proposed in D.C. seems to be crafted with the hope that at least 51% of the American people are ignorant or not paying attention to what the legislation actually does.

Doesnt matter how few of us want a bill to pass. If THEY want it to pass,, it passes.. & if they dont want either party to take the brunt of the anger of the people. theyll publicly do a lot of hand wringing before they decide
theyll have to make the hard decisions & do it in a bi-partisan effort to Saaave the country!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/22/13 at 12:07:17

What's the point of just copy and pasting someone else's rant without any comment?... and without giving credit?...
At least use quotes...
Better yet,.. use your own brain, and words...
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/06/22/20-reasons-i-detest-the...

If I wanted to read that blowhard,.. I'd go to his site...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/22/13 at 12:09:11

Sometimes someone stumbles onto something they agree with so completely, it might as well BE their own words. So, what comment is Needed?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/22/13 at 12:18:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/13 at 12:09:11:
Sometimes someone stumbles onto something they agree with so completely, it might as well BE their own words. So, what comment is Needed?

A credit and quotation marks... Angry...
Without them,.. you imply that you wrote it...
I'm sick of this Bullshyte parrot talk...

Don't worry,.. I'm done with the TT... again...
Nothing intelligent happening in here anymore...
I'll check in periodically for any sign of brain function... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - 06/22/13 at 12:42:21

I'm starting to agree with Serowbot.
The TT is now composed of fewer than 10 regular contributors.
I started this whole thing back in 2008 during the presidential campaign to stimulate intelligent, thoughtful discussion.
Unfortunately, it has disintegrated into a few people calling each other names, and fewer yet who are, in my mind, conspiracy nuts who see a devious conspiracy behind everything.
That's why I seldom contribute anymore.
I sick of hearing about the Federal Reserve, idiots who think bin Laden's crazies did not fly the airplanes into buildings on 9/11, and rants of people who hate the gov't - if you hate the gov't so much, show me one better.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 06/22/13 at 12:42:50

Sometimes I throw things out for discussion, doesnt necessarily mean I believe what I print. Anyone that knows me knows I couldn't write something like that. I do go along with a lot of what the author says.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/22/13 at 21:47:41

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 06/22/13 at 12:42:21:
I started this whole thing back in 2008 during the presidential campaign to stimulate intelligent, thoughtful discussion.
Unfortunately, it has disintegrated into a few people calling each other names, and fewer yet who are, in my mind, conspiracy nuts who see a devious conspiracy behind everything.
I sick of hearing about the Federal Reserve, idiots who think bin Laden's crazies did not fly the airplanes into buildings on 9/11, and rants of people who hate the gov't - if you hate the gov't so much, show me one better.

Jerry,, that is so childish,,Youre a LAWYER man,, you know better than that kind of mess..
Heres your challenge,
Explain how I am required to know of a better place in order to NOT Like whats happening HERE.
Okay? Now, youre in a corner. You wanted debate? You got it.,

Unless I can show you something better I have to like what IS?

You realize how twisted that is, right?

YOure Tired of seeing things over & over, yet, youve done nothing to show me Im wrong. YOu cant PROVE 9/11 went down the way YOu say it did,, In fact, there are more experts on MY side.
And, I have a good bit of experience workinmg with metal.

Now, are you gonna stand by that pancake theory?

YOud better notr, because if you do, I am gonna make you sorry for it, Youll have to explain how, after floors Fell Away from the vertical supports, the vertical supports werent left standing,
You cant explain how they fell,,
or can you? How did ALL that cement go to powder? It was powder before it hit the ground,, thats what that huge cloud was,, there was powdered cement for blocks & it didnt turn to powder when it hit the ground,

& NO,, I dont know how that was done,, theres no reason for it,, not from just a building burning & falling.

ASYmmetrical damage,, symmetrical failures.

You cant tell me the fires heated ALL the metal at the same time,, in order to get a symmetrical collapse, instead of one part falling faster than another, causing it to fall to on side, ALL the vertical supports had to fail simultaneously on each floor.

Close study & a stop watch proves that some of the collapse was at so very near free fall speed that the ONLY way that could happen was for the structure to 100% Fail.. & thats just not possible without something knocking it down.

Professionals in demolition say it was a demolition,

The towers were old, asbestos laden.,

Occupancy was down.

Too costly to take down legally.

The official story does not add up.

Have you studied the way the towers were built? The elevator shafts were surrounded by some huge columns.

Theres no way to make those buildings,with such a height to width ratio, come down Thru the Path of Greatest REsistance. The top would slide to one side & fall over, not straight thru tons & tons of steel,
Its as if you guys think all the metal in that buoldinbg was all the same temperature & it was Very Hot,, & it wasnt.

IF it had been, the vertical supports wouldnt have broken,, they would have been like spaghetti, pressed down by the weight of the building & some would have been cooler than others & resisted & caused it to fall to one side,

You guys simply arent thinking,, youre allowing someone to tell you sweet little lies,,

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/23/13 at 07:07:09

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 06/22/13 at 12:42:21:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me just how trivial physical evidence is to a case. I'm a machinist. Not a lawyer. I'd love to hear it from a lawyer's point of view. Please, educate me. Share with me your thoughts on the matter. Unfortunately it was another hit and run post from you.

--Steve

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 06/23/13 at 11:32:50

Didn't mean to shut the place down. I was just throwing some food for thought out there. If we all believed in Bin Laden, The Federal Reserve and so on what would there be to discuss. I think the Swiss have a better government than we do but I haven't done the research to prove it.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 06/23/13 at 12:06:09

Midnightrider wrote on 06/23/13 at 11:32:50:
Didn't mean to shut the place down. I was just throwing some food for thought out there. If we all believed in Bin Laden, The Federal Reserve and so on what would there be to discuss. I think the Swiss have a better government than we do but I haven't done the research to prove it.

I have, they do.

So do most northern European countries, you just have to be comfortable with phenomenally high tax rates to support the nationalized health care systems, pensions, built in vacations, etc. Clean streets in good repair, hospitals that treat you like a person instead of a checkbook, purer/cleaner standards for food/water/beer, clothing optional beaches, beaches that aren't covered in petroleum industry detritus or garbage that washed back in from big cities that still practice dumping at sea (and no raw sewage when the treatment plants fail)...

Oh, and you can actually walk the city streets at night, the only major crime areas are well known/marked/patrolled. I miss Spain, the national police were authorized to use criminals for target practice...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #11 - 06/23/13 at 12:31:27

Being disabled this is sometimes all I have to do to entertain myself. Everything I throw out there I don't necessarily agree with, I just want others opinions on it. This is the best forum I've ever been on with all kind of opinions. Jerry's right, you basically have ten guys going at it but those ten guys know how to mix it up and make decent discussions or arguments without getting mad, most of the time LOL. I hate to see anyone leave, even Web who I disagree with most of the time. He has a right to his opinion and I enjoy reading it even though most of the time I disagree with it. When someone disagrees with me that's when the fun begins. I love building my models but it can get boring without someone to talk to. I've made friends on this forum. Met several guys at the Dragon, Sri and I see each other from time to time. There's only so much you can say about a Savage, its all been said several times and the TT keeps this forum going.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #12 - 06/23/13 at 12:50:03

What yanked my chain was the wording "detest the government".  You can give opinions all day long, but anyone who hates our gov't, which equals "detest" either uses words carelessly, or isn't an American.
Yep, you can disagree with any policy of the gov't., just don't tell me you detest the gov't because to do so says to me that there is another gov't you would prefer.
Just another example of rhetoric getting in the way on contrastive discussion.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #13 - 06/23/13 at 13:10:50

I should have put quotation marks on it like Bot said. Congress's approval rating is 10%. Obama is spending most of his time trying to get out of Obamagate, not being a president. His approval rating dropped 8 points last week, that's a major drop in one week. A lot of people do detest the government, especially the ones the IRS targeted. I've never seen the government this screwed up in my lifetime except for Bush's phony war. I'm 58 years old . Every president we've had in my lifetime has had a major scandal going except Jimmy Carter. People have a right to dislike the government. I dislike the government and Obama. Obama has lied about helping out the middle class and he's burdened us with more taxes. Don't like his drones in our country. He thinks he's a King. My daughter couldn't get with me last Sun. so she's taking me out to eat for Fathers Day. The rest of you guys have a great day!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/23/13 at 13:41:17

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 06/23/13 at 12:50:03:
What yanked my chain was the wording "detest the government".  You can give opinions all day long, but anyone who hates our gov't, which equals "detest" either uses words carelessly, or isn't an American.
Yep, you can disagree with any policy of the gov't., just don't tell me you detest the gov't because to do so says to me that there is another gov't you would prefer.
Just another example of rhetoric getting in the way on contrastive discussion.

Actuallyt, no,, I can hate what is & not prefer anything over it,l,there is no "string" that raises the value of anything else just because the value of something else falls. They are not connected. Your feelings based on the words are not logically justifiable. Hating the government isnt hating America. I LOVE America, as advertised,, however, the people who have taken control are bad & our policies arent serving the People..

Have you yet managed to justify the Federal Government SUING a state for trying to Enforce Laws on the books?  If youre not yet able to admit that something is & has been desperately wrong for years, I dont think youre paying attention,, If I seem to :"Unload" on you a little harder than on others, its because you are intelligent & educated, you Have to be, to be a lawyer,, that you, with your education, continue to "Feel" a loyalty in spite of the clear illegalities leaves me breathless,,
But I can still type..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:29:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 20 reasons I detest the goverment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.