Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
With riding season in full swing (Read 102 times)
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
With riding season in full swing
06/21/13 at 16:14:17

Watch for those road hazards!  Gravel sucks; I know.  Just cause you're almost stopped doesn't mean you're safe...  Learned that one the hard way - hence been looking for new pegs.

Sometimes you don't know WHAT you'll find in the road.  My dad - who I only just convinced to buy a Savage after buying a Sportster 1200 last fall - was on the highway when the truck next to him ran over HALF OF A BATHROOM SINK.  Shocked Huh  This is one of the chunks that him square in the bottom of his left foot, breaking 2 bones.

He didn't crash, and was able to pull over.  He even went back to recover as many pieces as possible to prevent more innocent victims.  When he was done, he was still able to ride it home, too.  One of the pieces found was over a tenth of a mile back!  Shocked  Imagine getting hit with that thing in your windshield as it comes crashing back down.

Obstacles are everywhere, guys.  I say: "ride like people are trying to kill you, because they are!"

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: With riding season in full swing
Reply #1 - 06/21/13 at 16:19:00

I agree.  They are.  Had one turning left cut right in front of me yesterday and another less than a tenth of a mile away just 'gun it' and pull right out in front of me.  I could easily tell that neither of them cared in the least and was ready for what eventually happened.

Everyone, please pay attention to what's around you.
Ride safe and have fun.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 06/22/13 at 04:35:30

I'll take my chances with a toilet being hurled at me over a 20 year old texting while driving a Ford Expedition.....

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/22/13 at 05:09:15

Glad Ol Dad didnt get a lot more hurt, Coulda been a lot bigger issue.

Road hazards can become projectiles. I hope everyone pays attention to stuff in other lanes, for just such a reason.

I KNOW a beer bottle can fly out of the road & smash on a cinder block fence, because I made one do it with a car.I put a stick across a lane in front of an A55hole on a bike once. He left me alone after that.

If you really know where your tires are on the road you can clip a can or sling a bottle or push a stick, OR,, maybe the driver who blasted your dad did it accidentally, or, maybe not,, I have a hard time believing someone Wanted to hit a big hunk of a sink in the road, tho.. Boy,, Ive met some strange people, tho.. There are people who truly hate bikers,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Zeppert1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/04/13 at 06:27:25

I'm always looking out for the unexpected road hazard and drivers that aren't paying attention and overlook us bikers

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:28:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › With riding season in full swing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.